Speed & Performance of Indian and Foreign Speed Merchants in IPL 2019

vishalvirsingh

37 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

i read that navdeep has good chances to be selected on april 15 for world cup ahead of Umesh Yadav.

I'd pick him as the fourth seamer.

This could be the probable 15 for WC: Rohit, Dhawan, Kohli, Dhoni, Kedar, Shankar, Hardik, BK, Kuldeep, Shami, Bumrah.

Reserves : Chahal, one of Pant/Rayudu/Karthik, Saini, one of Shaw/Rahul.

I will pick Shankar over Jadeja for better batting abilities.

9 hours ago, S_pace said:

Things that favours Prasidh over Navdeep is his height and variations and staying behind the line. Prasidh is 6'2 maybe but what about Saini how tall is he.

Saini is short in height and that's why his balls doesn't look as pacy as they are.

And about this Lisa she would have even raised her doubts about Mavi and Nagarkoti at the u19 WC.

Saini is not short.  He is around 6'0". And his short balls fly through to the keeper. Also, he keeps on visually hurrying batsmen and making them jump at times.  Only the jealous types, like Morrison and Lisa, would question his speed.

Prasidh is either 6'3" or 6'4".

Prasidh may turn out to be a better ODI prospect than Saini in the long run ... but as of today he is not even in our A-team while Saini is.  Which is why there is more chance of Saini getting picked over Prasidh for the WC if they want a really quick and accurate pacer for the 4th pacer's slot.

15 minutes ago, ShebbySB said:

He needs to get stronger and develop more muscles to get quicker and sustain that pace. Mavi on the other hand is quite strong for his age.

Mavi too is injured,bowling at that pace like they do  in that age also invites injuries but its part and parcel of a fast bowlers life Aaron,Umesh ,Cummins all sufferred with stress fracture injury at a very young age,he will gain muscles with time

3 minutes ago, Mosher said:

Nagarkoti's physique is a bit like Hardik. Both are wiry with very little fat but strong. 

But Nagarkoti will bowl lot more than Hardik in his career so needs to work on this body to bear that stress. I have high hopes on him and can be the fastest bowler we've ever produced in his mid 20's. Touched 149 kph at 18.

Edited by ShebbySB

1 hour ago, ShebbySB said:

But Nagarkoti will bowl lot more than Hardik in his career so needs to work on this body to bear that stress. I have high hopes on him and can be the fastest bowler we've ever produced in his mid 20's. Touched 149 kph at 18.

it does not always work like that. Cummins hit 150 at 17 but now he struggles to hit 150 at 26.  While someone like Avesh who was 135-139 at 17 now bowled 149 last IPL.  Cummins stagnated in pace.  at 17, I had thought Aus found another Brett Lee in terms of pace who might hit 160 KPH in his mid 20s.

3 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

it does not always work like that. Cummins hit 150 at 17 but now he struggles to hit 150 at 26.  While someone like Avesh who was 135-139 at 17 now bowled 149 last IPL.  Cummins stagnated in pace.  at 17, I had thought Aus found another Brett Lee in terms of pace who might hit 160 KPH in his mid 20s.

True that but Nagarkoti can certainly hit 150+ if he gets fitter and stronger.