Ashwin you are a ficking disgrace

King Tendulkar

Was Ashwin right or wrong?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Was Ashwin right or wrong?

Shane Warne: “Harsha, if that had of been an international player you would have nailed him ! Please do not be bias & stick up for your own. Any player in the game that does that to anyone is an embarrassment to the game & as captain it’s even more disgraceful ! #spiritofthegame !”

Paul Collingwood: “No deliberate attempt to steal some ground from @josbuttler If @ashwinravi99 didn’t stop, turn then take the bails off he wouldn’t have left his crease!! Disgraceful decision!!! Fair play award certainly isn’t going to Mohali [home of Kings XI Punjab].”

Source: Independent 

Edited by zen

2 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

This is Dhoni down to the core, why do you think CSK won so many titles with him & Mama at the helm? Also I've never found Dhoni to be in the same category as Dravid, Ganguly or Kumble, heck Virat outshines him in terms of leadership on the field. Captaincy is something different but I've never seen Dhoni to be a "leader" especially after his processes' BS & stabbing every senior in the back!

8 hours ago, Gollum said:

What is disgraceful is 2 teams still allowed to play this league inspite of overwhelming corruption charges.

What are those that ammount to the said teams being disallowed from playing IPL. And what are those teams pls. Clarify with evidence to support your argument.

2 minutes ago, zen said:

This has been done to death. It was a con job

Its within the rules buttler should stay in the crease, he will from now on when Ashwin is bowling lolz :phehe:...else Ashwin should run him out again..fcukin pom..and his paddy chumton think they can come here and mouth off and you are here supporting them lol.

Batsmen can do switch hits, scoop shots, have mishits sailing for six with bats weighing a ton etc but bowlers should not do Mankading? Screw that, whatever is within the legal boundaries is okay with me. And how many times have we cheered alert 'keepers whipping off the bails when a batsman loses his balance and is out of the crease for a split second? That is opportunistic too and against the spirit of the game isn't it? Good job by Ashwin yesterday, got Butler's wicket and changed the momentum of the match. 

8 minutes ago, nevada said:

Batsmen can do switch hits, scoop shots, have mishits sailing for six with bats weighing a ton etc but bowlers should not do Mankading? Screw that, whatever is within the legal boundaries is okay with me. And how many times have we cheered alert 'keepers whipping off the bails when a batsman loses his balance and is out of the crease for a split second? That is opportunistic too and against the spirit of the game isn't it? Good job by Ashwin yesterday, got Butler's wicket and changed the momentum of the match. 

That is not apples to apples as if batsmen can play various shots, bowlers can bowl various types of balls too (bouncers, yorkers, spin, swing, slow balls). If miss hits go to boundaries, good shots are caught too 

Iirc, WKs have been fined for waiting for batsmen to get off balance to stump them 

Games should be played in right spirit. Even a terrorist can justify his attack by using any logic :winky:

3 hours ago, Gollum said:

I think in international matches even Ash will be more measured, will at least give a warning as he did to Thirimanne in 2012 CB series....ICC is directly involved there. 

IPL deserves this, because it is cricket entertainment as @Mariyam succinctly explained to a noob like me.

And if the IPL bosses had any brains they would be happy with what they saw today, Ashwin was trending at no 1 worldwide on twitter for many hours at a stretch (even now I guess), in fact IPL completely superseded the election stories despite RaGa's best efforts earlier today. 

Those who run the show will be busy

happy music video GIF by DJ Mustard

Absolutely!

It doesn't matter if its legal/illegal or ethical/unethical. This is show biz. The objective is to create a buzz. Keep people engrossed.

Even the non fans of the IPL, are talking about it. :smiley: The IPL governing council should already give a medallion to Ashwin.

Mission Accomplished

Edited by Mariyam

I personally like bowlers getting some advantage in this batting favored game....but this was a planned con.

Nothing instinctive about it . 

Bulter was not taking advantage ....ashwin stopped and waited for him to move out ....he had no intention to complete his bowling. 

If fake throwing is banned ,so should fake  bowling be.