Golden opportunity for Rishabh Pant

SecondSlip

With Kedar Jadhav likely to be ruled out of the World Cup, this is a great chance for Rishabh Pant to put his hand up and show that he is ready to board the flight to England as his replacement!

Rishabh should use this opportunity to break down the selectors door by playing a few match winning innings in the IPL knockouts. If he is successful, it will show the selectors that Pant is a big game player and can be relied upon for the World Cup. They will select him for the tournament. 

All 3 of his opposition teams have decent bowling attacks that can be compared to some international teams: 

SRH - Rashid, Nabi, Bhuvi, Khaleel

CSK - Tahir, Jadeja, D Chahar, Bravo 

MI - Malinga, Bumrah, McCleanaghan, Hardik, Krunal, R Chahar 

If Rishabh can manage at least 2 match winning knocks against the bowling attacks mentioned above, he will be doing no harm to his chances on getting selected for the World Cup. He needs to take this golden opportunity with both hands and not throw his wicket away unnecessarily! 

All up to you Pant! :two_thumbs_up:

We've got to have a sixth bowling option. We just can't trust Pandya to bowl 10 overs. That will be a travesty and he will be easily taken for atleast 80-90 runs against decent teams. And looking at how Shankar is playing, I don't think Kohli will pick him in the playing 11. This is going to be one long world cup for us, if Pant gets picked  :ahhhhh:

Edited by Norman

8 hours ago, Suhaan said:

This wc is a mess,take that

To guarantee that Rayudu has to be there

Pant's current inconsistency only helps Rayudu

That comes from an ardent Pant fan(not a blind fan)

Same here. Pant is fun to watch when in full flow but makes blunders in shot selection far too often. There is no doubt whatsoever about his ability, it's his mental game that needs massive improvement.

Just now, Jimmy Cliff said:

Failed to finish the job today and showed how he is still unreliable as a finisher. Rayudu, Karthik etc are still more dependable as of now :canabis:.

Karthik has done nothing of note international matches except that nidahas trophy match. He has been given enough chances for more than a decade. 

And Rayudu, lol. I'd rather have karthik than him. He will fail against quality pace attacks, and when required to up the RR, he cannot do so. 

At least Pant will try to score. We already have enough players to consolidate. 

1 minute ago, I6MTW said:

Karthik has done nothing of note international matches except that nidahas trophy match. He has been given enough chances for more than a decade. 

And Rayudu, lol. I'd rather have karthik than him. He will fail against quality pace attacks, and when required to up the RR, he cannot do so. 

At least Pant will try to score. We already have enough players to consolidate. 

He was being sarcastic, I think.

Pant has shown: (a) he has the destructive power and (b) lacks finishing skills. If he does not learn in the next 2-3 yrs, it will be a huge waste of talent. even in Tests, when he takes his time and settles down, he plays very well. however, there is this annoying tendency to play death or glory shots at wrong times.