Most Worthless Player of IPL 2019

Texan

Who is the most worthless player of IPL 2019?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the most worthless player of IPL 2019?

• Colin Ingram
    • Jaydev Unadkat
    • Ambati Rayudu
    • Mohd Siraj
    • Yusuf Pathan
    • Ben Stokes
    • Kedar Jadhav
    • Shane Watson
    • Andrew Tye
    • Kuldeep Yadav

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/14/2019 at 10:17 AM

Ingram has done nothing of note. 

Same with Watson bar one innings. Cost Chennai several games.

Hooda as well. Has played over 60 matches and scoore only one 50. Done absolutely nothing with bat or ball .

Have to consider # of games played and importance to the side. Guys like Yusuf are past their best so expected to be in the 11 mainly to make the numbers, so it is pointless to be having “fringe” players in the poll. Of the guys in the poll, Ingram did close a few games, Undercut won a MoM, Rayudu played at Chennai, where early wkts fall, Watson has a 100, and so on. 

I havent even seen a six from yuchup. has he? genuine question. Others also sucked but they had passable performance in atleast one match. Watson in that Hyderabd game, rayudu vs rr, Unadkat vs bambis. But this guy sucked throughout this ipl season

8 hours ago, zen said:

Shankar esp. for someone who played 15 games 

I know you are on an agenda. Nobody is gonna replace Pandya in the form he is in. Give it a rest. Shankar has gotten starts that he is not able to capitalize and his power game is incomplete. The poll is who is the worst player this season. That award goes to Yusuf Pathan

20 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

I know you are on an agenda. Nobody is gonna replace Pandya in the form he is in. Give it a rest. Shankar has gotten starts that he is not able to capitalize and his power game is incomplete. The poll is who is the worst player this season. That award goes to Yusuf Pathan

:hmmmm: .... For me useless players are from those who are considered imp for their sides, in decent form and have played considerable number of games. Yusuf is in the 11 to make up the numbers and way past his best 

52 minutes ago, zen said:

:hmmmm: .... For me useless players are from those who are considered imp for their sides, in decent form and have played considerable number of games. Yusuf is in the 11 to make up the numbers and way past his best 

Really? Shankar for SRH? The poll is about who is the most worthless player this season. It doesnt say under your criteria. BTW Shankar is not the important player for SRH. Warner and Bairstow were. Even under your criteria, Unadkat wins this poll :lol: by being the highly paid cricketer in this list

16 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Really? Shankar for SRH? The poll is about who is the most worthless player this season. It doesnt say under your criteria. BTW Shankar is not the important player for SRH. Warner and Bairstow were. Even under your criteria, Unadkat wins this poll :lol: by being the highly paid cricketer in this list

Shankar is an imp player for his side! (Don’t know why you have to twist it into most imp). Undercut too has been bad but RR had viable options so did not need to play him. He also won a MoM award. Not to forget that Undercut is also not playing international cricket currently. While guys like Shankar are in the WC squad (even Jadhav, who is in the squad, scored a 50) and despite being a 3D, hardly showed up as a bowler  :rolleyes: 

PS Rohit could have been a contender too if not for his 50 vs CSK!  

Edited by zen

28 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

You can't teach some people common sense lol If a captain doesn't use someone in a Tamasha league that is not his fault. Indian captain used him in the 50th over and he won a game for India. 

31 minutes ago, zen said:

Shankar is an imp player for his side! (Don’t know why you have to twist it into most imp). Undercut too has been bad but RR had viable options so did not need to play him. He also won a MoM award. Not to forget that Undercut is also not playing international cricket currently. While guys like Shankar are in the WC squad (even Jadhav, who is in the squad, scored a 50) and despite being a 3D, hardly showed up as a bowler  :rolleyes: 

PS Rohit could have been a contender too if not for his 50 vs CSK!  

That seals the deal. Rohit is next on the list. You dont like Rohit and Shankar. Dude you are the one twisting stuff around. Shankar rarely got to play when Warner and Bairstow were playing. Yes he failed in the few chances he got but certainly he is not the most worthless player this season. He is a newbie to intl cricket and not a certainty to be in the playing XI for the WC. How can you say he is an important player in the side. I dont understand your logic

2 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

That seals the deal. Rohit is next on the list. You dont like Rohit and Shankar. Dude you are the one twisting stuff around. Shankar rarely got to play when Warner and Bairstow were playing. Yes he failed in the few chances he got but certainly he is not the most worthless player this season. He is a newbie to intl cricket and not a certainty to be in the playing XI for the WC. How can you say he is an important player in the side. I dont understand your logic

Don't know why anyone would have any problems with Shankar being mentioned (unless he has an agenda too, i.e. for shielding Shankar :winky: )

For me it is mainly among Shankar, Rayudu, and Jadhav, who a) have been playing international cricket currently, b) were among those considered for a spot in WC squad, and c) played almost all the games. As for Rohit, both his avg and SR are less than Rahane's in games so far but played some decent knocks so not including him at the moment  

• Rayudu and Jadhav have a 50+ score and played in Chennai which can be tough to bat at times 
  • Shankar scored zero 50s and also failed to handle the pressure 
  • As a 3D player, he was not even considered good enough for a few overs even when other bowlers were carted for runs (or having a bad day). Displays a lack of faith in his 3D abilities by his team 
  • SRH won only 6 games as if guys like him had put their hand up more, it could have won a few more games 

So Shankar takes the title for me! .... Now if you want to hide Shankar behind the past his best Yusuf, who was not required to be played in the 11 or even in IPL, be my guest (as it does not change the fact that Shankar sucked) 

Even guys like Unadkut and Stokes has 1 or 2 moments here and there. Pretty sure Unadkut bowler atleast 1 tight over. Remember Stokes got a 50 and took an outstanding catch.Same goes for Siraj who had a good over here and there amidst the carnage.Rayudu Too has played 1-2 important knocks for his team.

Pathan has been yuseless every which way. Can’t field and can’t score a run to save his life.

How is this even a debate