Rohit takes credit for Malinga's last ball wicket

Temujin Khaghan

We thought we could take a wicket and finish it off there... it could've gone either way. But the idea was to get the batsman out. I know Shardul really well. He plays for Mumbai and I've known him for a long, long time. So I kind of understand where he wants to hit. So we decided together - me and Malinga - that we'll go for that slower option, because knowing Shardul, he would try to play a big shot and there might be a chance that he might just sky it.

"Again, it could've gone either way, he could've just middled the ball and it could have cleared the ground also. At that point you've got to be brave. Take those crucial decisions. We decided that we'll go for that slower ball, no matter what happens. If they get it, they get it. If they don't, then probably we have a chance there to win the game," Rohit Sharma said in the post-match press conference.

Everyone ..

Just think for a moment..

Rohit, Virat and MSD will take 100 percent credit for single effing run they score but it's not enough..

They want 50 percent credit for every wicket their bowlers take. Especially any crucial wicket is a 'must take credit scenario'. These stupid bowlers don't have any brain. If not for batsmen how will these stupid bowlers ever get any ideas.

Rohit has uploaded a software in Malinga's brain and by sending the signal he has positioned the exact spot at which Tommy.. err.. I mean malinga has to land the ball. It is only that Rohit Sharma is a very decent person that he is taking only 50 percent credit. MSD or kohli would have gone full-pakistani ..I mean full-retard and straight up said, they have actually bowled the ball by possessing the bowler's body.

Edited by Temujin Khaghan

Idea 1%, Execution is 99% 

These are normal discussions on field where there is no need to take or try to share credit away from your team member.  Unless of course he is responding to a particular question in strategy. The media should also not try to hype such things .... Next the non-striker (or the coach for e.g before the game) would say that the bowler tends to bowl full tosses so try to hit a bad ball for a 6. Then take/share the credit for the 6 the other batsman hit :lol:

I have captained teams in school and gully cricket. Remember a 20 overs per side match (tennis ball cricket) where the batsman when playing on the front foot was not able to keep the ball on the ground. Immediately, I brought myself to the silly mid off area. Next ball, the bowler bowled in the similar area, the batsman played the ball softly in air, I dived forward and took the catch. I created the wkt but did not take the credit as this is normal stuff (anyways,  I was known for doing such things with my captaincy so it was understood in a sense) :p:

If trying to take the credit, it is childish in a way. Needs to understand leadership

Edited by zen

Never heard of Steve Waugh ever claiming a single wicket as his own idea.

Whereas Rohit also took credit for Malinga's wicket of Andre Russell where he said he got the idea that Russell never faced around the wicket from malinga and it was he who made malinga do that.

In my life I never saw a batsman give 1 percent credit to his batting score all thanks to an advice from his bowler teammate..

Kohli though gave credit to Dhoni/Rohit.

https://www.indiatimes.com/sports/it-was-only-after-discussing-with-ms-dhoni-and-rohit-sharma-that-virat-kohli-decided-to-give-vijay-shankar-the-final-over-363255.html

"I was thinking about the 46th over (to go with Kedar/Shankar). I was talking with both of them (Rohit and Dhoni). If they (Bumrah and Shami) take wickets, we'll be right in the game and that's exactly what happened," Kohli said in the post-match presentation. 

Edited by vvvslaxman

1 hour ago, zen said:

I have captained teams in school and gully cricket. Remember a 20 overs per side match (tennis ball cricket) where the batsman when playing on the front foot was not able to keep the ball on the ground. Immediately, I brought myself to the silly mid off area. Next ball, the bowler bowled in the similar area, the batsman played the ball softly in air, I dived forward and took the catch. I created the wkt but did not take the credit as this is normal stuff (anyways,  I was known for doing such things with my captaincy so it was understood in a sense) :p:

This never happened :phehe: If that happened, then I'm 6'4 and 220 lbs and I'm called Ahnuld Scharzenegger :--D

Malinga who was tonked all match with one dimensional bowling suddenly turns up and bowls the ball of the match :hmmm: clearly he was told what to bowl. 

Rohit had done this before as well. Remember there legendary advise to Bumrah that won us the Aussie series.

Ro is just being humble, the entire last 2 overs was his doing :)

Just now, maniac said:

Malinga who was tonked all match with one dimensional bowling suddenly turns up and bowls the ball of the match :hmmm: clearly he was told what to bowl. 

Rohit had done this before as well. Remember there legendary advise to Bumrah that won us the Aussie series.

But in international he cannot take 2 minutes between each ball. He gotta fix that if he becomes a captain.

4 minutes ago, maniac said:

Does he show his humbleness in admitting bowling Krunal to Watson was a mistake :winky:

1 minute ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

who cares about shardul thakur anyways

Not only that his field placement to dhoni, Raina we're also as per their weakness& their favorite shots. he discuss a lot about these players strength and weakness to abroad players. It might go against us one day.

Just now, helperononline said:

Not only that his field placement to dhoni, Raina we're also as per their weakness& their favorite shots. he discuss a lot about these players strength and weakness to abroad players. It might go against us one day.

Raina's weakness is knwn to even a 5 yr old 

Planning against dhoni also isnt that....u just need bowlers and he has them. In this day n age of technology.....these weakness are easily knwn to everyone

Not only Sharma this tournament exposes lot of weakness in Indian batsman

I am posting interesting article by ricky ponting

Every single player in this tournament will have a weakness against one form of bowling - it might be left-arm off spin, right-arm leg spin, left-arm fast bowlers, whatever it is.”

At the core of Ponting’s role is trying to identify this, and exploit it to Delhi’s maximum advantage. "You have to absolutely act on those weaknesses of opposition players when you can.

“I'm just throwing names at you - you might know that Rohit Sharma might start particularly slow against right-arm leg spin in the Powerplay. So if he chews up 10 or 12 balls in the Powerplay and only strikes at 60 or 70 against right-arm leg spin then you have to have the opportunity to use that bowler there and then. One, that puts pressure on him; two, it puts a lot of pressure on the guy who’s batting with him at the other end. He knows he’s got to score really quickly in the Powerplay. So little things like that you'll always try and identify - certain guys strike really well off different lengths as well.”

Ponting’s observation about Sharma is no mere throwaway; CricViz identifies that Sharma indeed only has a strike rate of 84 against leg spin in the Powerplay. Ponting also uses ball-tracking data “to find out the strengths against certain lengths”; the Mumbai Indians all-rounder Hardik Pandya, he explains, is particularly strong against full-length balls, so bowlers should avoid that length against him.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/cricket/2019/04/30/ricky-ponting-little-details-have-seen-delhi-capitals-take-ipl/

Lots of avoidable hate for Rohit. You can make fun of his batting and lack of form for all you want but he has been terrific as a captain. He suggested Malinga to bowl around the wicket when Malinga got tonked over the wicket and it worked. To bowl a slower one as the final delivery in an IPL final with 2 runs required requires some planning. It's damn too risky. I believe Rohit Sharma if he says it was his idea. Credit to Malinga and Rohit Sharma both. :hatsoff: