England vs Pak 3rd ODI

1 minute ago, nitinbwj said:

On the other hand, apart from Dhawan and Pandya, I don’t see anyone scoring at 150+ sr.

Dhawan rarely has strike of 150 even in t20s lol. Remind me when he scored at that rate but yeah pandya will be key.

2 minutes ago, putrevus said:

When did he accelerate? did i miss that match?Rahul might be okay in T20s as an opener but as a middle order bat in odis he is not done anything.He has done nothing much as an opener either in odis.Granted he has not gotten that many chances but that stink innings he played in Australian series at no3 where he should have exploded but could not even rotate strike.

How many has he played in the middle order? 4 in SriLanka and 2 in England. We should have stuck with him a little longer . He has been around for a while and has only played 14 ODIs

1 minute ago, Forward Defence said:

How many has he played in the middle order? 4 in SriLanka and 2 in England. We should have stuck with him a little longer . He has been around for a while and has only played 14 ODIs

I think it was his job to tell selectors and everyone invloved that he is comfortable in batting at middle order. He should have converted himself to middle order in domestic cricket and also in IPL. He did not do it , I can't blame selectors or TM for not giving him chances in middle order.He is not good enough batsman to replace top three.Kohli has given his spot in order to fit him in few matches.

If he scored tons and ton of runs in domestic cricket in middle order do you think he would have been left out. Whose fault is it.

6 minutes ago, Nikola said:

Dhawan rarely has strike of 150 even in t20s lol. Remind me when he scored at that rate but yeah pandya will be key.

Dhawan had a strike rate of 137 and scored more than 400 runs in this IPL. He hit form later in the tournament. Same goes for Dhoni. If he can bring that hitting form to WC, we can, along with Pandya and Kohli set big targets like 350+

Hitting form of both will be crucial. 

Edited by nitinbwj
1 minute ago, putrevus said:

I think it was his job to tell selectors and everyone invloved that he is comfortable in batting at middle order. He should have converted himself to middle order in domestic cricket and also in IPL. He did not do it , I can't blame selectors or TM for not giving him chances in middle order.He is not good enough batsman to replace top three.Kohli has given his spot in order to fit him in few matches.

If he scored tons and ton of runs in domestic cricket in middle order do you think he would have been left out. Whose fault is it.

He cant play first class in the middle order as he is our test opener also.Punjab paid him big money for the opener's slot and he delivered. Cant expect an IPL franchise to send him down the order just to audition for the no 4 role.

I still maintain we should have had him in the 2017 series against Australia at home

4 minutes ago, Forward Defence said:

He cant play first class in the middle order as he is our test opener also.Punjab paid him big money for the opener's slot and he delivered. Cant expect an IPL franchise to send him down the order just to audition for the no 4 role.

I still maintain we should have had him in the 2017 series against Australia at home

Nobody is asking him to play middle order in FC.But he should have played in middle order in List A for his State team.If it was important for him to be part of Indian team in all formats he should have played in middle order in IPL too.He would have made his IPL team better. Their middler order stunk too.

Personally I don't think he is suited for middle order as he he no ability to rotate strike.

Edited by putrevus
4 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Pak lower order added 40 plus runs. We suck. 

But if you look at it the other way around, these guys suck at the job they are selected for,  i.e  bowling. They might add a few runs in the end,  but as a bowling unit they are nowhere close to Bumrah-shami and kulcha combo. 

All these Hassan,  shaheen and faheem are Pakistani glorified versions of siraj,  kaul and unadkat. Will get slaughtered on flatbeds. 444 at Trent bridge is an example. 

Edited by Norman