Severe drought in parts of TN, water crisis hits Chennai

Gollum

No Krishna/ Godavari water for you and @coffee_rules and @Lannister are not going to give Cauvery water.

So @velu @Vilander @The Dark Horse And @Real McCoy start working on them de salination plants. Bc living in triplicane for a week almost took away my luscious crop of hair. Thank god And water tanker mafia I moved out to Tnagar for my rest of my stay

28 minutes ago, maniac said:

No Krishna/ Godavari water for you and @coffee_rules and @Lannister are not going to give Cauvery water.

So @velu @Vilander @The Dark Horse And @Real McCoy start working on them de salination plants. Bc living in triplicane for a week almost took away my luscious crop of hair. Thank god And water tanker mafia I moved out to Tnagar for my rest of my stay

i get cauvery water in bangalore :aha:

we also get bhavani/cauvery water in my native :aha: 

frankly we should come out of this low yield agriculture 

2 hours ago, maniac said:

no cant do my friend, i am only philosophically Tamil/Kannadiga no were near either place, but invested in both ( heavily). 

1 hour ago, velu said:

i get cauvery water in bangalore :aha:

we also get bhavani/cauvery water in my native :aha: 

frankly we should come out of this low yield agriculture 

yield of food crops is more in delta regions. but it needs careful planning what alternative careers can you give to farmers in highlands ? may be factories ( make in India),

4 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

All that rain water and floods are left down the drain with no rain water harvesting measures in urban areas. 

there were wide spread water harvesting in south chennai it was mandatory durinng jaya regime. where are you getting this info ?

problem is desilting of tanks and ponds. * the ponds will all be bastis now.

MoEFCC must be promoted up the ranks, make it a cabinet position equivalent to Home, Finance, Defence, Railways etc and not one that gets spare change and attention. Both Centre and states need to make pro-environment policies and decisions with missionary zeal. Watching the people of Chennai desperately fighting for water in front of the tankers breaks my heart. Groundwater level has dipped alarmingly, things look ominous. Unfortunately last 2 cyclones that hit the eastern coast, both missed the state. 

4 hours ago, Gollum said:

MoEFCC must be promoted up the ranks, make it a cabinet position equivalent to Home, Finance, Defence, Railways etc and not one that gets spare change and attention. Both Centre and states need to make pro-environment policies and decisions with missionary zeal. Watching the people of Chennai desperately fighting for water in front of the tankers breaks my heart. Groundwater level has dipped alarmingly, things look ominous. Unfortunately last 2 cyclones that hit the eastern coast, both missed the state. 

groundwater inn chennai is bracksih , not sure people can use it even for washing ..

anyway are you using tissues ? 

1 hour ago, velu said:

groundwater inn chennai is bracksih , not sure people can use it even for washing ..

Bro, did you see there poralis. They have invented a conspiracy to stop Godavari-Cauvery linking project. Friggin imbeciles

2 hours ago, velu said:

Having to collect water from public tap near my accommodation, which is open once in 2 days from morning 6:15 to 7:30. Can't wait to leave this city, first time in my life I am seeing water crisis. 

17 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Having to collect water from public tap near my accommodation, which is open once in 2 days from morning 6:15 to 7:30. Can't wait to leave this city, first time in my life I am seeing water crisis. 

i think you are poorer than i thought :giggle:

5 minutes ago, velu said:

i think you are poorer than i thought :giggle:

Dude I am in academics field, no cash here :laugh: just a monthly stipend. 

Presently staying with some friends who were in college with me and now work here, in a rented house. 

Edited by Gollum