Westindies A vs India A in westindies : July -August 2019 : 5 Un -Official ODI & 3 Un-Official Tests

14 minutes ago, Amit228 said:

Their is one news about shaw ..that.he has been dropped due to his shabby fitness at such young age.. i vouch for it if he has been dropped due to poor fitness.. clear signal from bcci .. no compromise on fitness..

He is injured and rehabilitating in NCA, not dropped because of fitness.

18 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

He is injured and rehabilitating in NCA, not dropped because of fitness.

This is what i was talking about... Their's no fire without smoke.. nd apparently Shaw's fitness was in cross hairs since the ipl.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.timesofindia.com/sports/cricket/news/is-prithvi-shaw-injured-or-unfit-bcci-silent/amp_articleshow/70068625.cms&ved=2ahUKEwjb6NPAsJ_jAhURXSsKHWaqC1YQyM8BMAx6BAgEEAQ&usg=AOvVaw1JU1G40gD0eucrgp3wd8pW&ampcf=1

1 minute ago, Amit228 said:

if this is true, it's sad. we are not witnessing the next great from mumbai school of batsmanship, but the next vinod kambli. I somehow have this suspicion that shaw is susceptible to losing his way and letting the fame go to his head. I hope this isn't the case.

5 minutes ago, Vijy said:

if this is true, it's sad. we are not witnessing the next great from mumbai school of batsmanship, but the next vinod kambli. I somehow have this suspicion that shaw is susceptible to losing his way and letting the fame go to his head. I hope this isn't the case.

It can go either way.. u can't succeed in international cricket with slummy fitness.. its kinda bonafide to drop him due to fitness issues.. he can get a reality check nd can improve.. he is still young nd very telented.. but needs to keep his body nd mind in right place..

Edited by Amit228
On 7/4/2019 at 8:47 PM, prudent_kreeda said:

Am very pleased that R. Gaikwad  got a chance to showcase his talent . 

Here's one batsman who is quite different  from other young talents except may be Prithvi Shaw . 

Plays with timing and in gaps without using brute power while most of the other younger ones seem to just bludgeon the ball ,

resulting in losing balance .  Also most of them hit too much in the air . 

Love the way he plays spin especially back foot play.  Uses the depth of the crease very well and plays half drive , half pull even

to  good length balls by using space of the crease , In some of those shots  his right leg finishes at stump crease level.  

Also not afraid to move to leg and hit balls on the sumps .This is again much different from the notmal way indians play spin by

covering stumps and then flicking for a single.  This is very good as most of the darters are able to tie down indian batsmen. 

Would say his game vs spin looks better than Gill's from one day perspective .

A very good fileder to boot . 

Here is a man who can be very good at the top as well as no.4 , 5  . 

The number of fours he hits is testimony to the fact that he is adept at hittitng balls in gaps  to boundaries and also stays long

Check the scores and no.of fours he hit in recent A matches vs Srilanka. A series. 

Seem to have shots both against Pace and spin. 

Only area need to watch is his play vs high Pace and short stuff. Not much idea there. 

Watch out guys , he can be a very good one day player in the making !

Dravid seem to have very good opinion about him.

His batting reminds me of rahane 

2 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

there is a bit of rahane in him, but based on the strokes, he seems much more adventurous. also, looking at his List A record, unlike rahane, gaekwad scores prolifically (avg of 50+) and fast.

18 minutes ago, Vijy said:

there is a bit of rahane in him, but based on the strokes, he seems much more adventurous. also, looking at his List A record, unlike rahane, gaekwad scores prolifically (avg of 50+) and fast.

Rahane use a lot more strokes as well......yes ruturaj will have more coz he is growing up in t20 era when rahane came in t20 was coming in

On 7/6/2019 at 11:38 AM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Woow.....extremely adventurous and very exciting...

India badly needs no:5 and no:6 batsmen in one days and this guy perfectly fits in...

Can't wait to see him pulled into the indian side...

Wonder how he plays against geniunue pace....and spinning ball

Edited by gakgupta
11 minutes ago, gakgupta said:

India badly needs no:5 and no:6 batsmen in one days and this guy perfectly fits in...

Can't wait to see him pull him into the indian side...

Wonder how he plays against geniunue pace....and spinning ball

he is an opener. he can play at #3 but nos. 4-6 require very diff skills. too many openers right now waiting behind rohit-dhawan: KLR, mayank, prithvi, gaekwad.

1 minute ago, Vijy said:

he is an opener. he can play at #3 but nos. 4-6 require very diff skills. too many openers right now waiting behind rohit-dhawan: KLR, mayank, prithvi, gaekwad.

May be....

But look at his shot-making.....he is perfectly fit for no:5 or 6...

1 minute ago, gakgupta said:

May be....

But look at his shot-making.....he is perfectly fit for no:5 or 6...

the first step is that he needs to play at 4 or 5 in domestics and A games, but it's clear that dravid and selectors view him as a backup opener.

38 minutes ago, gakgupta said:

he looks more suited to bat in top 4 then 5 or 6......

Also in future additional bowling skill will come in to play .Does he bowl ?

38 minutes ago, gakgupta said:

Can't wait to see him pulled into the indian side...

With the competition around it ll be really tough 

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

he looks more suited to bat in top 4 then 5 or 6......

Also in future additional bowling skill will come in to play .Does he bowl ?

With the competition around it ll be really tough 

I think he will do well in MO too. Reason - seems to be a guy who finds gaps. Plays spin well by using the crease, plays over the infield shots,being an opener has decent defense. Not much known about swing & high pace play . In MO you may not get too much of that. Also we need replacements at opener position. Should be tried there too