Wimbledon 2019

I6MTW

Almost felt Nadal and Federer both did not put much fight in the sets they lost. 

But still a cracking game. Good to see Federer getting a win over Nadal. Surface made so much difference. Nadal showed fight in the end but Federer as always a much superior player than Nadal on Grass.

Now I really hope he makes it count and win the final against Djoker, which will be equally tough. 

Last two sets were of high quality. Federer's ground game, ROS were quite good. He was winning the longer rallies and baseline exchanges against Nadal. Federer certainly has sorted out the Nadal puzzle since 2014. Questions remains, can he solve the Djokovic puzzle? Djokovic knows how to play Federer exactly. His serve is better than Nadal, so is his movement, ROS, defense etc. He will be like a wall, less UEs, tough to crack etc. I just don't see Federer beating Djokovic at this age.

9 hours ago, Cricketics said:

Almost felt Nadal and Federer both did not put much fight in the sets they lost. 

But still a cracking game. Good to see Federer getting a win over Nadal. Surface made so much difference. Nadal showed fight in the end but Federer as always a much superior player than Nadal on Grass.

Now I really hope he makes it count and win the final against Djoker, which will be equally tough. 

When two such players are playing against each other, the one who win key moments wins the match. Federer kept his calm and won those key moments. Great to see him playing another final. Hope he will win it 

9 hours ago, Cricketics said:

This was Nadal's best chance to beat Federer on Grass. Considering the surface is so slow, it's almost green clay, plus the balls , and Nadal's form coming into the match. But, since 2014, Nadal just hasn't been able to beat Fed and Nole off clay. Even on clay Nole can trouble Nadal. And , I believe the RG SF last month between Fed and Nadal would've been much closer had it not been too windy/adverse conditions. The serve was not working for Federer at all that day. 

2 hours ago, I6MTW said:

Last two sets were of high quality. Federer's ground game, ROS were quite good. He was winning the longer rallies and baseline exchanges against Nadal. Federer certainly has sorted out the Nadal puzzle since 2014. Questions remains, can he solve the Djokovic puzzle? Djokovic knows how to play Federer exactly. His serve is better than Nadal, so is his movement, ROS, defense etc. He will be like a wall, less UEs, tough to crack etc. I just don't see Federer beating Djokovic at this age.

I accept that Djoko has better record against Federer. But this time I have a feeling that Federer will turn him down using all his experience

37 minutes ago, I6MTW said:

This was Nadal's best chance to beat Federer on Grass. Considering the surface is so slow, it's almost green clay, plus the balls , and Nadal's form coming into the match. But, since 2014, Nadal just hasn't been able to beat Fed and Nole off clay. Even on clay Nole can trouble Nadal. And , I believe the RG SF last month between Fed and Nadal would've been much closer had it not been too windy/adverse conditions. The serve was not working for Federer at all that day. 

Yeah, was surprised with the slowness of court through our. Outside courts playing much faster than centre court surely.

Agree on Nadal, bur I still felt he gave Federer a good run here. Federer had to earn this win and as you can see, he did mention that it was one of the better games he played and won as Rafa was playing well.

Some of the rallies were outstanding by both. I think I kind of agree that this was Rafa’s better chance since he had this brilliant run in clay. But Querrey also did test him this last game.

Tough to pick between Federer and Djoker. Agut pulled of a set today of him, but I reckon we will see a more hungry Djokovic on Sunday. I feel federer to win in 5.

On 7/13/2019 at 5:43 AM, kushagra29 said:

I accept that Djoko has better record against Federer. But this time I have a feeling that Federer will turn him down using all his experience

...because Djokovic is an experienced player?

Federer will have to serve perhaps the greatest he's ever done in his life to win. Off the ground based on their previous matches and their gamestyles Djokovic will control the match you'd think.

Bookies have Djokovic down as 6/4 and that too despite the noise around Federer's performance in the SF.

1 hour ago, bones said:

...because Djokovic is an experienced player?

Federer will have to serve perhaps the greatest he's ever done in his life to win. Off the ground based on their previous matches and their gamestyles Djokovic will control the match you'd think.

Bookies have Djokovic down as 6/4 and that too despite the noise around Federer's performance in the SF.

Not only that ,Federer would have to return the greatest he has ever done, especially against the Djokovic serve. His groundstrokes have to be consistent throughout the match with less UEs. His BP conversion must be above his normal standards. He cannot afford to choke in crucial moments. He has to be mentally and physically strong to compete with Novak for 5 sets. Plus the fact that the surface and balls make it very slower than usual for a Grass court. This favours Djokovic.  Federer probably has only a 20% chance of beating. I rate his chances that high because it's grass. His chances would be even lower if it ea another surface.

That is one of the worst finals Djokovic has played tactically and technically and yet somehow he managed to win it. Fed served amazing and was ultra aggressive and p[layed huge at times and he still came up short.

Awful, horrible , devastating. I have no words for this loss. Federer choked to the maximum. He had two match points on his Serve. Two of them. He was the better player throughout the match. This loss hurts Federer's legacy and jis career. His title as king of grass court is now disputed. I need a break from tennis. Now this will destroy Federer mentally. I don't know how he'll recover from this. Hell , even I can't recover.