Ashwin's County Perfomance Thread

Good to see him striving for improvement. We have some players who don't want to play FC because it is beneath them, and here is an Indian great trying to improve. Respect his commitment. Hard work is always rewarded (not applicable to Unadkuts and Kauls of the world) like we saw in the cases of Ishant and Pujara, hope to see Ashwin, Rahane scale the peaks again.  

Edited by Gollum
2 hours ago, Gollum said:

Good to see him striving for improvement. We have some players who don't want to play FC because it is beneath them, and here is an Indian great trying to improve. Respect his commitment. Hard work is always rewarded (not applicable to Unadkuts and Kauls of the world) like we saw in the cases of Ishant and Pujara, hope to see Ashwin, Rahane scale the peaks again.  

he has already done this. he has scaled the peaks of mediocrity over the past couple of years with greater ease than hilary and norgay (the mountaineers who got to everest).

If Ashwin can push his batting further, I don't see why he cannot make it to the ODI 15. Mind you, I am not saying he will get into the XI, but he could push Jaddu for the 3rd spinner.

For ODIs:

Left-arm wristspin: Kuldeep

Leg spin: Chahal (should be phased out after WC), Gopal, Rahul Chahar

Left-arm orthodox: Jaddu, Axar, Anukul (none particularly appealing)

Off spin: Ashwin, ??? (cannot see young offies coming through)

Edited by Vijy
8 hours ago, Vijy said:

If Ashwin can push his batting further, I don't see why he cannot make it to the ODI 15. Mind you, I am not saying he will get into the XI, but he could push Jaddu for the 3rd spinner.

I suggested this before the Wc...he isnt someone who cant bat at 7 but can bat at 4,5 as he has a good technique and bats positively. In terms of bowling he has lot of variation then jadeja