SF2 | Aus vs Eng | Birmingham | July 11 @ 5.30 AM EST

zen

At Edgbaston on July 11. Weather forecasts show rain tomorrow so could see a shortened game. Friday is expected to be sunny. 

Aus is expected to draft in Handscomb, while Eng is likely to continue with the 11 from the last two games. We have seen both the teams in the WC so know how they have shaped up. Time for them to put the best together on the big day: 

tenor.gif?itemid=12629624

giphy.gif

vs

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Cricinfo

The Fans:

crazy-funny-cricket-40.jpg

202095.4.jpg

143199.jpg

1416956901168.jpg

fan040303-min.jpg

isa-guha-england-women-womens-world-twen

4 hours ago, zen said:

@YCCC @Tattieboy what do you feel about the game?

Still going with my pre tournamount choice ... Australia

With today's conditions I think England's batsman will find it difficult to play their fancy Dan cricket against Aussie style bowling .

I have sneaky feeling that whoever gets through that NZ will defeat them with the NZ batting unit clicking for once . 

1 hour ago, Tattieboy said:

Still going with my pre tournamount choice ... Australia

With today's conditions I think England's batsman will find it difficult to play their fancy Dan cricket against Aussie style bowling .

I have sneaky feeling that whoever gets through that NZ will defeat them with the NZ batting unit clicking for once . 

I dont think so. Yes, NZ are a good team. No denying in that. But the only standout man for them in batting is Williamson. We have seen in the league stages when he gets out quickly, NZ have lost that match. But coming to ENG & AUS, everyone of their batsman played a role when the time came. If we talk about AUS particularly, they play a different game in Semi-finals and Finals. So, for me AUS are favorites (If they make it to finals)

5 minutes ago, kushagra29 said:

I dont think so. Yes, NZ are a good team. No denying in that. But the only standout man for them in batting is Williamson. We have seen in the league stages when he gets out quickly, NZ have lost that match. But coming to ENG & AUS, everyone of their batsman played a role when the time came. If we talk about AUS particularly, they play a different game in Semi-finals and Finals. So, for me AUS are favorites (If they make it to finals)

Kohli, Sharma are stand out batsmen but that didn't help them in a pressure situation .

What pressure are NZ under ? They will be big underdogs .

As I said I have suspicion that collectively the NZ batting unit will come to the party just once in the tournamount and in the game it really matters .

9 hours ago, Ranvir said:

Just like India thought they would be in the final before the semi final was even played.

If you think that I thought India were shoo-ins for the final, you are wrong. All I thought was that India v NZ was the battle for second. Obviously I still think that.

6 hours ago, zen said:

@YCCC @Tattieboy what do you feel about the game?

Nervous. Don't like to predict anything but surely it can't be another Aus v NZ final? Has the final ever been the same two teams twice in a row? 

Toss is maasive. Have to bat first even with rain around, as we saw yesterday chasing is so so difficult in this tournament anyway but in a semi final it almost seems impossible. If we bat first we have a great chance (but Aussies can still do it) If we bat second we're *ed.

They've never lost a WC SF, but have a poor record at Edgbaston where we have a great record, but today is exactly a year since the football sf we lost. All these little omens and superstitions :nervous:

2 hours ago, Tattieboy said:

Kohli, Sharma are stand out batsmen but that didn't help them in a pressure situation .

What pressure are NZ under ? They will be big underdogs .

As I said I have suspicion that collectively the NZ batting unit will come to the party just once in the tournamount and in the game it really matters .

What Pressure?? -- Winning the Cup for the 1st time in their history. In 2015 also, McCullum was the only batsman who performed well and in the finals he is gone for duck. After that what happened u know. Even yesterday also the same happened for India (Losing their in-form batsmen early). The good thing for them in this tournament is they handled the pressure beautifully. They were able to get over the line at pressure situations. I would love NZ to lift the trophy but if AUS comes to final, it is going to be serious contest.