Jadhav - 11 innings

Rahane - 10 innings 

Yuvraj - 10

Raina - 5

Shankar - 4

S Iyer - 3

Manoj Tiwary - 3

KL Rahul - 5

Finally played SF of all important world cup with Pant who had experience of 7 innings.

Great planning by Kohli and shasstri.:finger:

Edited by Number
1 minute ago, Number said:

Rayudu - 16 innings

Karthik - 14 innings

Pandey - 13 innings

Jadhav - 11 innings

Yuvraj - 10

Raina - 5

Shankar - 4

S Iyer - 3

Manoj Tiwary - 3

KL Rahul - 5

Finally played SF of all important world cup with Pant who had experience of 7 innings.

Great planning by Kohli and shasstri.:finger:

I think you missed Rahane, who played few ODIs in our SA tour in 2018 .    Although I m a rahane hater,  I hv to admit he did well in that tour.  

How did you forget Dhoni. Batted at 4/5 in 43 innings and when it mattered the most, chickened out sending inexperienced guys ahead of him. He batted at 5 in most of the ODIs this year as preparations for the WC and then did not have the guts to do the same in a semi final.

If we were say 150/3, what would have been the chance of him coming at 5? 100%

@Number

I Might have filtered or something incorretly here...but wanted to look at Manish record at no 4, he has only played 8 innings there out of 23 innings according to cricinfo. Not 13..

Career averages
  Span Mat Runs HS Bat Av 100 Wkts BBI Bowl Av 5 Ct St Ave Diff  
unfiltered 2015-2018 23 440 104* 36.66 1 - - - - 6 0 - Profile
filtered 2016-2017 8 183 104* 36.60 1 - - - - - - -  
3 minutes ago, Sooda said:

@Number

I Might have filtered or something incorretly here...but wanted to look at Manish record at no 4, he has only played 8 innings there out of 23 innings according to cricinfo. Not 13..

Career averages

I think it shows that apart from the excellent century, he did little of note. but he was discarded at this position too soon.

3 minutes ago, Vijy said:

I think it shows that apart from the excellent century, he did little of note. but he was discarded at this position too soon.

Yeah, just like Iyer and Rahul.... I don't know when he was given those 8 oppos too... how much chopping and changing in between etc

1 hour ago, Sooda said:

@Number

Career averages

:hello:@sooda

I filtered no. of innings played by these players at no. 4 OR no. 5.

4 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Tiwary could have been a decent option

nope, wasnt a good player of short pitch and often struggled against high pace. Tiwary only strength was he was terrific against spin  but so was rayudu .Also i think he blew his chances against Zimb or Bang which never helps 

Pandey, iyer was better then him

Rahul was the best option

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
25 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

nope, wasnt a good player of short pitch and often struggled against high pace. Tiwary only strength was he was terrific against spin  but so was rayudu .Also i think he blew his chances against Zimb or Bang which never helps 

Pandey, iyer was better then him

Rahul was the best option

They all learn playing pace and short ball at international level. Kohli was no great at short ball. Even currently, there are hardly good players of short ball in domestic cricket. Until we see pacy pitches in domestic cricket, we won't ger such players. We don't have many batsmen with good backfoot game.