Leave Sachin, Is kohli even better than Yuvraj as a match winner?

6 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

Those are all ICC tourney's or just the WC? Also one of them was chasing a low score against Bangers in 2017, sure you can count it but then he was cleaned up twice in the finals!

BAN has been a lower ranked team ever since 2015, even better than 'Windies 2 time world cup champions'. So they were basically a non minnow and  performance  against them counts. You are projecting the flip side of Kohli.If that is the case every prominent batsman has  bloat in their performances.

I'm counting only WC, CT is nowhere near the pressure or prestige of the biggest trophy in cricket. And yeah every batter has holes in their resume, like I pointed out. This is a team game so no one, even Viv has 100% record in KO games & you are allowed to fail. The number of good/great scores from Kohli is alarming though & I doubt you can weasel out of that argument by bringing his CT or WT20 performances to the fore.

Edited by R!TTER
3 hours ago, Stan AF said:

So what dude??. Do you think any runs come easy??.

BTW what was dhoni doing yesterday huh??  While jadeja was making all the hard and difficult runs dhoni ate up all the balls and dragged it till the end. he was single handedly the reason why we lost yesterday. Except dhoni moronic fans in this forum everyone saw this coming from a mile away.

No they do not. I was just giving new guy some perspective. I know you are also a fan of Sachin but it is Kohli we are discussing about. Maybe you didnt read my post fully. I also credited him with showing determination and trying to hang in the crease without throwing it away

In the case of this game yesterday, I can't believe you are taking shots at Dhoni when the team was 77/5 and later 92/6. You must take shots at the top order who made runs when they were easy and when the going got tough, they faltered. Dhoni should have come in at 4 or 5 not Pant/Karthik/Pandya. Another captaincy mistake from Kohli. You have the most experienced batter in the team coming in at 7 :facepalm:Dhoni also needs to be blamed for not putting his hand up to bat at 4/5.

When I saw Karthik and Pandya come up, I knew this game was lost. He may have ate up balls but he would have ensured India didn't lose too many wickets. With Dhoni at the crease, Pant/Pandya/Karthik would have batted more freely like Jadeja.

Pant and Karthik didn't play in the initial stages that much. So I'm also blaming the selectors on this mess. They should also get the blame for keeping Dhoni in the team when he himself said in an interview that he is finding it hard to rotate strike 3 years ago.

21 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

I'm counting only WC, CT is nowhere near the pressure or prestige of the biggest trophy in cricket. And yeah every batter has holes in their resume, like I pointed out. This is a team game so no one, even Viv has 100% record in KO games & you are allowed to fail. The number of good/great scores from Kohli is alarming though & I doubt you can weasel out of that argument by bringing his CT or WT20 performances to the fore.

In a game played mainly by only  some 10 countries , every game vs non minnow  even bilateral  is a pressure game    or no pressure  at all.  Simple as that.To be more precise  the pressure in a cricket match is several levels  below when compared to a universal game like football.    That being the case 'world cup' has slightly more pressure when compared to a champions trophy 'knock out' game.The same subcontinent fans who would be disappointed a lot  now with their teams performance in this world cup  would surely have expressed the almost  same level of disappointment  in general in CT 2017 too.As simple as that.That is why you can still come across several PAK fans chest thumping  about the win in final and several Indian fans getting forced to defend against them. Simple as that.

3 minutes ago, rtmohanlal said:

That is why you can still come across several PAK fans chest thumping  about the win in final and several Indian fans getting forced to defend against them. Simple as that.

I don't care about Random Pak fans who have only CT win to celebrate after their fluke win in 92, take any casual cricket fan who wasn't brought up on a diet of T20, for them WC>>>>CT & the same goes for majority of us. You might want to make this an argument that all high pressure matches are the same, however that's not the case. Winning an away game in Oz is still harder than beating Bangers in BD & a large part of that is the occasion, to be more precise what players & their fans give more importance to. Hence CT<<<<WC always.

5 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

2003 semis was against Kenya :phehe: I know you are a Sachin fan but if you are trying to make this a big deal, I will point out the other details. Sorry. He scored a sedate 80 runs I believe and Ganguly was the one who scored at a brisk pace for a 100. We scored 270 runs and the bowlers came to the party and bowled the Kenyans out.

2011 semis was a choke job with multiple drops and Sehwag, Raina and the bowlers rescuing us. They won the match and Sachin collected the MoM in the end. But he did try to hang in there I'll give him that. Was still more determined than the sh1t show yesterday. Both innings was not his achievement alone just as many of you point Dhoni was not the only one who contributed in the 2011 finals.

Agreed. But he still fought

6 hours ago, rtmohanlal said:

Still SRT better to Kohli as of now. But, if triangular knockouts can be holed in such high esteem why can't champions trophy knock outs be? So Kohli has done ok  by normal standards

Tendulkar also played some great champions trophy knockout innings.

The 141 at dhaka in 1998 against steve waugh's australia that knocked them out,the early assault vs mcgrath at nairobi on a seaming pitch in 2001.That along with yuvraj knocked the ATG aus team out of that edition.

11 hours ago, Sujithmb13 said:

Yuvi has won the game for India against Australia in CT,qf against Australia .Also he was the best player in a WC.What has kohli done in ICC odi tournaments?

This is where Indians talk like Pakistanis...

Kohli much better than Yuvi man. Now I wont go to that level to suggest otherwise. VK is definitely still the best batter in the world. Not a great captain but a great batsman for sure. Not long ago he was best chaser wasnt he?

Lately though what people are missing is that opposition teams have caught on Kohli's weakness outside off stump, vulnerability early on in the innings etc. Happend with SRT too happens with every greats batsman. 

How Virat counters that from here will define if he will retire like Sachin  - Best batter. 

Edited by DGBOSS

I am sure yuvraj's most runs in 2011 WC came against poor sides in league matches (century against hopeless windies).   His 5 wickets in a single match was too against some rubbish side in league matches. 

Edited by Anoop K
Mistake
10 hours ago, Stan AF said:

So what dude??. Do you think any runs come easy??.

BTW what was dhoni doing yesterday huh??  While jadeja was making all the hard and difficult runs dhoni ate up all the balls and dragged it till the end. he was single handedly the reason why we lost yesterday. Except dhoni moronic fans in this forum everyone saw this coming from a mile away.

I know! They even showed him biting his bat. He bit everyone's bat and that's how the top 3 got out for 1.

:protest:

54 minutes ago, Tendulkar1996 said:

Tendulkar also played some great champions trophy knockout innings.

The 141 at dhaka in 1998 against steve waugh's australia that knocked them out,the early assault vs mcgrath at nairobi on a seaming pitch in 2001.That along with yuvraj knocked the ATG aus team out of that edition.

OMg I just saw that 141 again. I need some tissues. Brb