Virat Kohli wanted to bat at #4 in Semi Finals.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/icc-world-cup/icc-world-cup-team-india-considered-virat-kohli-at-no-4-slot/articleshow/70186364.cms

When conditions got difficult he wanted to bat at #4. You are world's best batsman and already batting at #3 not opener still you want to hide from swing and new ball? That was perfect time for him to step up and prove why he is considered as better viv richards. 

4 minutes ago, prudent_kreeda said:

And which Bali ka bakra  was to play at #3 ? 

To hide Dhongi , they made Pant & Pandya bakras, guys who do not have the game or experience to play  at 5 for 3 situation and ball is moving !

That was going to be my exact question. Obviously Dhoni is not going to be that sucker. Pandya is obviously not going to be that guy as that would have been the dumbest move to send him at 3 in swinging conditions. my bet was it would have been the 2 most dispensable guys in the team DK or Pant

Edited by maniac
1 minute ago, Nikola said:

No way. He wanted to bat at 3 for whole worldcup when soft/easy runs were possible to score. When conditions got difficult he wanted to hide at #4.

Not disputing bro. I feel instead of searching for no. 4 till the very last moment, he should have batted at 4 with Dhoni at 5 to strengthen middle order from start of WC. Giving license to Pant and Pandya at 6/7/8

1 minute ago, prudent_kreeda said:

And which Bali ka bakra  was to play at #3 ? 

To hide Dhongi , they made Pant & Pandya bakras, guys who do not have the game or experience to play  at 5 for 3 situation and ball is moving !

Instead of strategizing the right tactics with batting coach Bangar who having batted as a Test match opener in England knows a thing or two about surviving tough swinging conditions , coward Kohli wanted to send a sacrificial lamb into the line of fire. He could have brainstormed even with bewda who has batted as an opener in England IIRC and has county cricket experience too. After calculating the potential damage to his image, he must have backed out of that decision. What a gutless, selfish prick he is! People bash Imran Khan a lot and yes he has flaws but in the 1992 world cup he promoted himself to 3 and did a pretty decent job of holding up one end as his team had a very weak batting lineup. Leaders step up to the challenge and take it head on, they don't hide behind other's backs.

1 hour ago, Nikola said:

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/icc-world-cup/icc-world-cup-team-india-considered-virat-kohli-at-no-4-slot/articleshow/70186364.cms

When conditions got difficult he wanted to bat at #4. You are world's best batsman and already batting at #3 not opener still you want to hide from swing and new ball? That was perfect time for him to step up and prove why he is considered as better viv richards. 

Pls use some sense. Dont talk like the idiots across our border.

If this is true then it was right decision. If this is true, He was trying to do that to prevent the MO crumble. I have not seen the video u posted but wonder why he did not do that !!!!!

5 minutes ago, DGBOSS said:

Pls use some sense. Dont talk like the idiots across our border.

If this is true then it was right decision. If this is true, He was trying to do that to prevent the MO crumble. I have not seen the video u posted but wonder why he did not do that !!!!!

Lol you are world's best batsman how can you prevent middle order crumble by sending two inexperienced player who have no experience of playing in such situation? if you wanted to do that then you should have done when worldcup started not directly in semis. When you think you can get out early then there is battle lost.

4 minutes ago, Nikola said:

Lol you are world's best batsman how can you prevent middle order crumble by sending two inexperienced player who have no experience of playing in such situation? if you wanted to do that then you should have done when worldcup started not directly in semis. When you think you can get out early then there is battle lost.

I can understand if he thinks that way post 2014 when he was clueless in England. But being one of the best player around and

after  conquering english conditions in 2018 , if you cannot stand up  in 2019  , who else can ?

12 minutes ago, Nikola said:

Accept whole heartedly that was wrong decision Man. To send Pant at No 4 .  No doubt. But come on , if the idea was to solidify the MO by batting at No 4  for VK ( and thats a big IF ) I don't see that as a issue.

Just now, DGBOSS said:

Accept whole heartedly that was wrong decision Man. To send Pant at No 4 .  No doubt. But come on , if the idea was to solidify the MO by batting at No 4  for VK ( and thats a big IF ) I don't see that as a issue.

If he wanted to strong the middle order he should have done in bilateral series not in worldcup semi finals. He batted whole worldcup at #3 when ball didn't swing or seam much but how can you try to hide when teams need you most and think of sending some inexperienced player?