Sachin Tendulkar picks his team of the tournament !!!

velu

Rohit Sharma

Jonny Bairstow (wicket-keeper)

Kane Williamson (captain)

Virat Kohli

Shakib Al Hasan

Ben Stokes

Hardik Pandya  :giggle:

Ravindra Jadeja :giggle:

Mitchell Starc

Jasprit Bumrah

Jofra Archer

sachin fans should explain why he picked pandya and jaddu to us  :orderorder:

https://www.msn.com/en-in/sports/cricket/icc-world-cup-2019-sachin-tendulkar-picks-his-team-of-the-tournament-5-indians-included-no-ms-dhoni/ar-AAEoSBw?li=AAggbRN&ocid=iehp&amp%252525253Bocid=wispr

7 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

Why not? And I'd definitely not have Sharmaji & Brat in the top 4, they'll somehow find a way to screw that lineup as well :whack:

jaddu played just 2 games .. not enough to consider him for the team

pandya .. average performance and nothing great 

24 minutes ago, velu said:

Rohit Sharma

Virat Kohli

Shakib Al Hasan

Ben Stokes

Mitchell Starc

Jasprit Bumrah

Jofra Archer

https://www.msn.com/en-in/sports/cricket/icc-world-cup-2019-sachin-tendulkar-picks-his-team-of-the-tournament-5-indians-included-no-ms-dhoni/ar-AAEoSBw?li=AAggbRN&ocid=iehp&amp%252525253Bocid=wispr

Sachin was a highly accomplished batsman (especially technically), but he was a horrible captain and I'm sure he would be a very bad coach too. the fact that he made this weird selection further shows that he would be a really bad selector.

18 hours ago, velu said:

jaddu played just 2 games .. not enough to consider him for the team

pandya .. average performance and nothing great 

In terms of pace A/R there's probably only a couple who outperformed HP, Stokes being the one. Jadeja did well in 2 games & his overall performance was outstanding, in terms of spinners on display can you name any other who did better than him, even if the sample size is low for Jad? The facts are there weren't many standouts in this WC - Starc was bowling hot & cold, Sharma failed on tough wickets & Kohli - well we know what happened to him.

While we can definitely say that he favored Indians in his pick/draft there isn't necessarily 1 pick which shouldn't be there.

9 minutes ago, bowl_out said:

Of course, what else would you expect from Sachin? He was an ATG batsman, but a horrible captain and understandably a poor selector too.

Saying that Sachin is a capable strategist is akin to saying Dhoni has great batting technique.

Sachin's captaincy was so bad that it makes MSD's current batting look like Bradman.

1 minute ago, gattaca said:

What’s next ? Dhoni couldn’t shiit because Sachin sneezed. CSK bias is strong in this one.

totally missed the sarcasm. I have always rated SRT as the best Indian batsman ever, but that does not prevent me from recognizing and accepting his negatives (tendency to choke at times, inability to score big 100s at will, and terrible captaincy). The same also goes for VK, Gavaskar, Dravid, Dhoni, etc - all of them were great players in one format or the other, but that doesn't mean anyone gets a free pass.

I don't even watch the IPL for the most part apart from trying to look for new talent... so I have no idea where you pulled this CSK bias from.

10 hours ago, velu said:

Rohit Sharma

Virat Kohli

Shakib Al Hasan

Ben Stokes

Mitchell Starc

Jasprit Bumrah

Jofra Archer

Yeah, Y Jaddu n Pandya. Jaadu played only 2 matches, may be sachin might have picked him as a fielder. Coming to pandya, his performance is par in the worldcup.