Death threats, beatings trigger mass exodus of migrants from Kashmir

Gollum

It is the third day in the union territory of Jammu and Kashmir, and thousands of migrant labourers from Bihar are fleeing the Valley after facing threats from local Kashmiris

Outside the Tourist Reception Centre in Srinagar, 56-year-old Surinder Mahato desperately waits for a bus to take him to Jammu from where he will have to make a long journey to his village in Motihari, Bihar. Clutching Rs 462 in his hand, the bus fare between Srinagar and Jammu, he has been told that the bus service will resume later in the day.

It is the third day in the union territory of Jammu and Kashmir, and thousands of migrant labourers from Bihar are fleeing Kashmir Valley after facing threats from local Kashmiris. The previous night a few of them landed up at Mahato’s room and asked him to leave. “They were hurling abuses at me and asked me to leave; they said they will kill me otherwise,” he said. On August 7, till 11.15 am, 40 buses had already left for Jammu. On August 6 also, thousands of them left for Jammu. In the absence of transport, many of them had to walk for hours to reach the railway station on the outskirts of Srinagar.

Mahato has been coming to Kashmir for 25 years. Most migrants like Mahato works as daily-wage labourers here. They prefer Kashmir because of its cooler summer-time climate. On an average they earn between Rs 500-600 per day. “If I work in Punjab, I am able to save less and send about eight thousand rupees per month. From Kashmir I can send almost double that amount,” says Abdul Ghaffar, a labourer from Bihar’s Supaul district. He doesn’t know if he can return to Kashmir now. He claimed that from Supaul alone, about one lakh labourers have been coming to Kashmir every year to work.

Several migrants who were waiting for the bus said their payments were stuck and they had to leave without their wages. On August 6, 25-year-old Aslam, another labourer from Bihar, was beaten up by a few locals in the HMT area in Srinagar. “They took away my bag and said: Bhaago Bihari idhar se (Run away from here, Bihari),” he said. His employer owes him several thousand rupees as wages. But scared about their safety, Aslam and many of his other friends chose to leave without collecting their earnings. Anil, another migrant labourer, said he was threatened as well. “One Kashmiri came to me the previous night and said if I see you tomorrow, I will beat you up and burn you with kerosene oil,” he said. Chote Lal, who was trying to return to Gorakhpur in Uttar Pradesh said some people threw stones on their dwelling and threatened him and others to run away, failing which they will be cut into pieces.

As they waited for their turn, two Kashmiris stopped to hear them speak. One of them looked at the labourers and shouted: “Sabka saath, sabka vikaas.”

LINK

Kashmir3.jpg

Abdul Ghaffar from Supaul District In Bihar

Doesn't matter...Hindus, Muslims, Sikhs, non-Kashmiri migrant laborers being abused, beaten, threatened, forced to flee the valley. Peak Kashmiriyat, of course no libtard or gaddar cunt will even acknowledge this, only Kashmiri Muslims are victims for them. 

Jammu, Ladakh will stay peaceful and enjoy the fruits of development. Doesn't look like the valley bastards will co-operate, our forces need to put them in line, be ruthless.

Edited by Gollum

Source is the magazine 'Open', author is Rahul Pandita who has credibility. Check his tweets, all the lies of these mofo libtards exposed, all that fear mongering and hyperbole by usual cabal :facepalm:. If anything it is the non-Kashmiri migrants who are facing a tough time, but no one will talk about them lesser humans. 

As per Rahul Pandita, only partial restrictions, situation almost normal and otherwise well under control.

https://twitter.com/rahulpandita

Edited by Gollum

Without stability , 'migrants' won't stay put.  They'll flee to Punjab or go back home.   The demographic change that one expects isn't going be walk in the park where the 'natives' are being hostile. You need better on the ground police to tackle this..Army can only do so much.  Instead of people moving in, thousands have fled Kashmir. It is obviously a work in progress that will take years or decade

Bhai, remember one thing, the hardliners want Kashmir to be nizaam - e-mustafa(a caliphate) for them only their and only their lives and authority matters, don't care about kp, shias Sunni, bodh, or any non kashmiri migrants, I read in a thread on twitter that, their was as many as Six mass exodus of kp's from valley from 1000 C.E to current 1992 ,and yet these chewts have balls to call us unethical when all we are doing is  trying to assimilate and give them their rights, we simply don't want their land, just want to give them better future, nobody wants their land or ladies, that's what separates us from them, we can never stoop to their level, we don't want to displace them, jammu is OK with it, laddakh ,hell even north Kashmir, but ye hai kuch us pedophile ki aulaade jinko 10-10 saal ki bachchiyo ko raundane main maza aata hai, for them women is a thing of pleasure, not a partner, tamiz insaan ke bachcho ko sikhayi jaati hai, su war ke nhi, he will only eat shyte and like disgust no matter what u serve him. 

The best revenge would be to develop Ladakh and Jammu to such an extent ki yeh Kashmiri apne muh dikhane layak nahi rahe. Don't care how much funds are diverted I want those 2 places to be the most developed parts of the country after 10 years. Maybe then the Kashmiris will learn their lessons, maybe not but still historical injustice meted out to Jammu/Ladakh by valley's Sunni Muslims (and Congress) needs to be corrected. They have never given us problems, have fought against Srinagar's tyranny, in fact Dogras are some of the most patriotic people I have seen. Hope Modi stops bending over backwards to please the valley, apne aap unhe line mein aane do. 

Edited by Gollum

40 minutes ago, Gollum said:

The best revenge would be to develop Ladakh and Jammu to such an extent ki yeh Kashmiri apne muh dikhane layak nahi rahe. Don't care how much funds are diverted I want those 2 places to be the most developed parts of the country after 10 years.

You can bet that's the plan of the current government as well.  That's the only way we can move the needle in J&K. Developing Jammu will create not just a new economically and politically empowered political elite, but also serve as a bright example of what Kashmiris can be, if they give up on their delusion of ethno-religious supremacy.   

Imo, just like how secular fools says, India was a paradise before 2014, and thus making every crime afterwards attributed to Modi. Similar expect everything in J/K to be questioned. In long term, it's good as there is more accountability.....

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

Any KP on ICF? Or someone from Jammu/Ladkah? Needn't be current residents of the state....will be interesting to hear their views and happy emotions. 

I have a few Jamwal friends and everyone is elated about it. Their only issue is that they wanted Jammu to be made a separate state. 

The migrant workers are facing a lot of problems who want to return. Yesterday I was watching news & a 7 month pregnant lady along with her family was waiting for a vehicle to take them to Jammu from Srinagar. They were waiting since Tuesday night & the food, water which they carried along was finished. I truly hope the govt. helps them in their safe return.

4 hours ago, Gollum said:

Any KP on ICF? Or someone from Jammu/Ladkah? Needn't be current residents of the state....will be interesting to hear their views and happy emotions. 

My Paternal Family is based in Jammu City Region ( Migrated from Muzaffarabad, POK 1947)

Maternal Family is based in Kathua Region. 

Also Have relatives in Udhampur and Pooch. Have friends in Samba,  Hiranagar etc. 

Born and brought up outside J & K  but I have the State Subject Certificate which was the Residentship Document to inherit and buy property in the State. Now the Certificate is obsolete as even outsiders can buy property in the state .

Abhi article hatne ke baad toh Ekdum blackout ho gaya tha but abhi Pichle 2 din se thoda thoda phone lag raha hai. We were only excited to know the mood of the relatives and family friends back home as they were living in isolation from entire World . Now it may come off as a surprise but our relatives and friends are actually not too excited or performing Bhangras as some outsiders might think,  maybe because they are actually well-off people having huge land both agricultural as well as residential , running successful business or holding decent  Sarkaari Jobs while enjoying various government subsidies at the same time. Now contrary to the popular perception of J & K being some backward state  ,  let me tell you that J & K especially the Jammu Region is not some Bihar, Orissa,  Jharkhand or Chattisgarh which is languishing in poverty due to an article maintaining it's special status.  During my annual vacations to Jammu,  I have never witnessed even a fraction of poverty that I have seen outside the state. Yes there are not many modern day Industries , Tech IT hubs like there are in other cities but the Government  provides so many subsides,  cuts , facilities and other benefits to the common public I don't think there is any other state where the citizens are treated like royalties.  No Property Tax , Bijli,  Paani, Ration ki facilities,  limited population,  all Government jobs reserved for the locals , many people own huge land/propety and endless subsidies.  Bacho ko dusri state main padne bhejna hai,  bhej do aur sarkar se paisa claim kar lo and then there are endless opportunities to work all over India,. Just in 2015/2016 the Modi government approved a 2000 Crore package for Displaced families of POK and even our family received a decent sum inspite of being well off so the perks never stop coming . Unlike the Kashmiri Pandits, the people of Jammu have never faced militancy or were forced to flee their homes.  So now am talking about these people,  they are Non-Muslims very Pro -India but at the same they enjoy the benefits that they have been receiving. Offcourse they are not going to protest or join hands with Kashmiri militants but right now there are many who are not very excited with the removal of the article.  It's mostly outsiders who don't have a dog in this fight that are rejoicing over the removal which is seen as India showing the middle finger to Pakistan and stamping it's authority over Kashmir. Some are concerned with government jobs being taken over by outsiders in the future ,  problems of overcrowding etc.  Development may or may not happen,  it's no guarantee. If development indeed happens then a few decades later everyone will be glad for the step that the Government has taken today but currently a lot of people are concerned about the short term benefits as all the subsidies and facilities that they have been enjoying due to Special status are about to end very soon. 

Ladakhis - the only region  where all people are celebrating the move as the region has been the most isolated and ignored in J & K.  Infact, 20 Years ago when I lived in Jammu for a brief period  all  I knew was that there is Jammu here and Kashmir up North . Ladakh Kya tha Kaha tha kisko malum.  I have never been there but those who have seen both regions admit that Jammu is like a First World Region in comparison to Ladakh. In the last decade,  a lot of Ladakhi students have been coming over to Jammu for studies. They mingle around their own  in groups and can be easily identified due to their oriental features.  The Ladakhi students have quotas in various  colleges and institutions  of Jammu and are provided scholarships by the Government.

Kashmiri Pandits - All of them are over the moon. Because they know that  as the only Hindu group they can never return back to Kashmir and live among the Muslims in the  current demograhic composition.  But if somehow Hindus from other states settle in Kashmir then they can live along with them if the numbers are enough to counter the Muslim majority. For Pandits this was the only way possible to return back to their roots and now they have the opportunity. 

Jammu Dogras - Dogras / Dogra Rajputs are the most influential people of Jammu and many among them have welcomed the decision. Yeh dogras ke paas Jammu main Bahut land hai , toh Yeh soch rahe hai thoda investment hoga , bahar se public aaega  toh property ka rates bhi badega aur job opportunities bhi improve hoga. 

Kashmiri Muslims - Biggest chewtiyas of all. Still obsessed with Quran,  Islam,  Sharia,  Pakistan and Azaadi.  They could have had the best of both Worlds , on one hand their state would enjoy the special status granted by the Indian Government in exchange for their loyalties and on other hand they have access to equal rights all over the country. But nahi bahot masti tha g@@@d main,  ab na ghar ke rahe na ghaat ke.  Azaadi bhi nahi Mili aur kaafiro ke saath Kashmir bhi share Karna pad gaya. 

Edited by rageaddict

I think, things are coming out. Deficit for state Government is very high. GoI did not divulge that.

GoI was spending 14000+ per person in J&K compared to 4000+ per person in rest of India

It was spending 2200 per person in J&K on infra compared to 3000+rest of India. All the while they turned Laddah into Buddhist minority and I am certain that Muftis would have planted nurseries to change the demography

Edited by mishra