WorldCup Semis defeat

Vk1

Should actually go down as the worst defeat in India's history. I know there were some really bad defeats like 96 semis,  87 wc, 99 wc zimbabwe, miandad six etc.. but this one has to be the worst.  Our team has been very close to England as the best ranked team, went to the world cup with the most balanced team - best fast bowler in the world, a very good wicket taking seamer, a good seamer and a genuine allrounder  plus two of the best wrist spinners.. our batting has the best Top 3 in the world. This defeat is actually as good as not going to the knockouts in itself. 

I am still at loss to understand how we didn't make it. Selection blunders, playing two spinners in England under heavy rain forecast, playing Dinesh Karthik..  Sachin getting stumped by Kalu, Olonga picking those 3 wickets, ponting's assault... I can take all those since we didn't have the greatest of teams.. but this one.. we had no excuse to lose. 

40 minutes ago, Vk1 said:

Should actually go down as the worst defeat in India's history. I know there were some really bad defeats like 96 semis,  87 wc, 99 wc zimbabwe, miandad six etc.. but this one has to be the worst.  Our team has been very close to England as the best ranked team, went to the world cup with the most balanced team - best fast bowler in the world, a very good wicket taking seamer, a good seamer and a genuine allrounder  plus two of the best wrist spinners.. our batting has the best Top 3 in the world. This defeat is actually as good as not going to the knockouts in itself. 

I am still at loss to understand how we didn't make it. Selection blunders, playing two spinners in England under heavy rain forecast, playing Dinesh Karthik..  Sachin getting stumped by Kalu, Olonga picking those 3 wickets, ponting's assault... I can take all those since we didn't have the greatest of teams.. but this one.. we had no excuse to lose. 

Those other defeats left a hope that things may turn around next time. But this one, I'm feeling deflated and haven't watched cricket ever since. Not even the other SF and the final and the current jamodis against windies

Shows the importance of a captain in a cricket team. Williamson with his meager resources managed to tie the world cup final and Rat with all the riches provided to him destroyed our chances. Right from team selections, decisions on the field and the display of arrogance sabotaged our campaign. He is a cunning crook and a traitor. Should be banished from Indian cricket. He can go and act in movies along with his wife. Nautanki saala :whack3:

34 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Those other defeats left a hope that things may turn around next time. But this one, I'm feeling deflated and haven't watched cricket ever since. Not even the other SF and the final and the current jamodis against windies

I watched the recent West Indies ODI hoping for a West Indies win. I want India to lose everything as long as this Rat is the captain. He doesn't deserve a single trophy in his lifetime. The worst player of our lives.

I didn't feel wrong about Indian team losing SF they absolutely deserve it.  This is the 4th time our top order collapsed in swinging conditions in last 2yrs still they didn't change their game to protect their wicket. They went with 4 wk. Changed the batting order to protect Dhoni.What exactly DK is doing in the team. Even a kid knows dk can play only in last 4-5 overs. It really hurts when our team loses just because of TM's dumbness. 

4 hours ago, Vk1 said:

That team was never going to make it to the finals, never had it in them and was one of our weaker WC teams. Over arrogant captain and coach, terrible middle order, over the hill senior keeper-batsman, terribly defensive player selections..everything was muddled. And to top all all this Kulcha got dismantled and the TM had no plan B. Rohit's prime form saved us the blushes.

20 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Current regime will go down as the most corrupt in our history

People like Virushka blossom in these conditions,

It has to change or else our cricket is doomed

Virushka is on a mission,he means business

This fake brat has to go , minimum requirement, that's it

I  absolutely  liked bad boy Kohli he used to have that never give up attitude. He didn't avg 60 then but still played stunning knocks and tried to dominate bowlers and you can see him becoming more dangerous with each loss . Sh*t happened when he tried to built good-boy image now he talks like 'winning and losing is part of the game' and shows fake aggression by winning meaningless bilateral matches. 

Edited by Hakuna Matata

@Vk1 The World Cup is over and England won it. And no India were not most balanced side in the tournament, it was England. India had loopholes, which were magnified once Dhawan got injured.

India required one great performance from the self styled modern genius Kohli and then the finals beckoned. However, the World Cup once again fortified the point that tournaments such as these are not won by stats but by natural instincts and flair. Kohli is a Protea by heart, a mechanical product, a machine, which is dull but productive. He has moulded the team in such a way as well. If things go haywire, they usually collapse and that usually transpires on momentous days ala classic SA.

This World Cup IMO was the failure of Virat and only Virat both as a captain as well as batsman. He started messing up things a couple years back by not letting anyone settle in any batting position bar top 3 and ironically the batting hodge podge was on display in the semi finals.

He has disillusioned most of us and I am one of them and I think India need a cultural change as Virat's dispensation is not worth following.

Edited by SK_IH
54 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Current regime will go down as the most corrupt in our history

People like Virushka blossom in these conditions,

It has to change or else our cricket is doomed

Virushka is on a mission,he means business

This fake brat has to go , minimum requirement, that's it

Kohli is only taking forward the process that Dhoni started. From baffling decisions like playing Jadeja in 2009 WT20, recalling RP Singh from a vacation in US straight to Tests in Eng, to running a sports management company and selectively picking players managed by them to blindly promoting his IPL franchise players, being stubborn and arrogant in team selections to prove a point - Kohli has picked up a lot of those bad traits from the Dhoni era.

The one he should ideally have picked up was of sidelining oldies and backing youngsters, but not to be.

7 hours ago, Hakuna Matata said:

I didn't feel wrong about Indian team losing SF they absolutely deserve it.  This is the 4th time our top order collapsed in swinging conditions in last 2yrs still they didn't change their game to protect their wicket. They went with 4 wk. Changed the batting order to protect Dhoni.What exactly DK is doing in the team. Even a kid knows dk can play only in last 4-5 overs. It really hurts when our team loses just because of TM's dumbness. 

absolutely. we had a weak team, which was papered over by some good bowling (apart from spin duo) and top order batting. we had a non-existent spin attack (in terms of form, not ability) and a non-existent middle and lower order (both form and ability). and we also had a top 3 who were either mentally fragile (kohli and KLR) or technically ill-equipped (rohit) to handle bowler-friendly conditions. if we had done the transition to 2019 WC properly, with pant (or someone else) properly groomed and taking over from dhongi, middle order with players like iyer, gill and agarwal, backup spinners like gopal, etc. then we would have been the deserving winners of 2019 WC. All of these are "ifs and buts" though. the fact is that bad selectors and even worse TM ensured that our loss was entirely along expected lines.

Edited by Vijy
12 hours ago, Vk1 said:

Edited by Kerberos

India didn't deserve it, weren't good enough

When the top 4 can't see out mild swing first 5-6 overs, they dont deserve it. And its not a surprise, Rohit is a joke vs swing, Rahul hasn't convinced in Tests, and Kohli lacked the Test disciplined 

Even if they reached finals, Woakes swing would blown them away in finals

4 hours ago, Vijy said:

absolutely. we had a weak team, which was papered over by some good bowling (apart from spin duo) and top order batting. we had a non-existent spin attack (in terms of form, not ability) and a non-existent middle and lower order (both form and ability). and we also had a top 3 who were either mentally fragile (kohli and KLR) or technically ill-equipped (rohit) to handle bowler-friendly conditions. if we had done the transition to 2019 WC properly, with pant (or someone else) properly groomed and taking over from dhongi, middle order with players like iyer, gill and agarwal, backup spinners like gopal, etc. then we would have been the deserving winners of 2019 WC. All of these are "ifs and buts" though. the fact is that bad selectors and even worse TM ensured that our loss was entirely along expected lines.

Ours might seem a weak team only if we compare it to England on a flat deck. I don't think there were any other teams as strong as ours.. though new Zealand did very well in last two games, they had a middling competition with pitches and luck overtly favouring them.

I feel that the great finals we got to witness made up a bit for the SF loss and lessened the pain  . Also the fact that Jaddu went down fighting till the end. Atleast we didn't fold like a cheap hooker who got hit in the stomach by a fat guy with sores on his face. 

CT2017 final was more humiliating.

4 hours ago, Vk1 said:

Ours might seem a weak team only if we compare it to England on a flat deck. I don't think there were any other teams as strong as ours.. though new Zealand did very well in last two games, they had a middling competition with pitches and luck overtly favouring them.

any team without a strong middle and lower order is a disaster waiting to happen.