gakgupta

Ishant is finally delivering for India...

Well...

As a indian fan, It was painful to watch him wither away esp after promising first 2 years.

Jason Gillespie mentioned that he is a better version of him. Jason was a very good bowler of Ozzie then.

He did everything to loose pace, line and length and became mediacore bowler.

Now he has been consistent and sticking to his basics well...

He might not take the game away from opposition but he is very consistent and gets his quota of wickets...

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

Now? Doing it for 4-5 years. Only aberration have been the series vs SA and Aus in India where he took 4 wickets@81 in 6 tests. But he was playing the role of holding one end up bowling long spells without giving much.

His record since 2014 is 39 tests, 129 wickets@27. Take out those two series, numbers improve to 33 tests, 125 wickets@25, that’s top class.

My only concern is that he will be attacked soon by pace fanatics for not bowling 140+ and there will be calls for him to be dropped for being a trundler.

might end up with a sub 30 bowling average

should he achieve that then might just become one of the top 5 indian greats of pace bowling.... 92 test matches played and only 31. 

needs 40 more tests to overtake kapil dev in terms of tests played.

8 hours ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Now? Doing it for 4-5 years. Only aberration have been the series vs SA and Aus in India where he took 4 wickets@81 in 6 tests. But he was playing the role of holding one end up bowling long spells without giving much.

His record since 2014 is 39 tests, 129 wickets@27. Take out those two series, numbers improve to 33 tests, 125 wickets@25, that’s top class.

My only concern is that he will be attacked soon by pace fanatics for not bowling 140+ and there will be calls for him to be dropped for being a trundler.

Yes, I have been masquerading as a 16 yr blonde chick on my whatsapp and I have messaged Shastri. He has asked me to discuss Ishant's place in the team, over drinks in his hotel room!

But all this praise shouldn't put him in starting line up ever in India. He sits behind all other prospects like Saini and of course behind Shami and Bumrah. He should continue to be picked overseas but not at home. Basically opposite of Ashwin, who should only be picked at home and not overseas. 

1 hour ago, putrevus said:

Question is who will sit when playing at home or in Asia.Ishant or Shami have to make way for Ashwin.

While playing in India, Shami has been the best Indian pacer ever in our history.

In India it is about reverse swing at skiddy quick pace ... and Shami is an absolute master of that.

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

While playing in India, Shami has been the best Indian pacer ever in our history.

In India it is about reverse swing at skiddy quick pace ... and Shami is an absolute master of that.

Best pacer in history is bit too much , he has just one 5fer (that too in his first test) in 11 tests and 40 in total.

1 hour ago, putrevus said:

Best pacer in history is bit too much , he has just one 5fer (that too in his first test) in 11 tests and 40 in total.

Shami has the lowest average and lowest strike rate among all Indian pacers in ouf history, while bowling in India. ( minimum 20 wickets )

14 hours ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Why are you so concerned?

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

Shami has the lowest average and lowest strike rate among all Indian pacers in ouf history, while bowling in India. ( minimum 20 wickets )

Sample size is too small and one 5fer does not say he is outright match winner.It just shows he is a good support bowler in India.I don't mind him playing in India at all.But I would like Saini to get a chance also.

21 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Sample size is too small and one 5fer does not say he is outright match winner.It just shows he is a good support bowler in India.I don't mind him playing in India at all.But I would like Saini to get a chance also.

One 5fer is the result of him not getting that many overs in most matches in India.  He missed a couple of green tops due to injury.

Shami and Saini would be my preferred picks vs Bangladesh.  

Bumrah and Shami vs SA.

12 minutes ago, express bowling said:

One 5fer is the result of him not getting that many overs in most matches in India.  He missed a couple of green tops due to injury.

Bumrah and Shami vs SA.

Both Siraj and Saini should debut vs BD. If Siraj does not get his chance vs BD, then all these India A matches should be discontinued. The guy must have picked some 75-80 FC wickets for A side in last 15 months. Makes no sense if such a performance does not earn you a test cap.

Needs his long hair back to be express pace. Needs the hair back to work as his jet plane wings to help him land better as he goes faster. A perfect landing leads to greater results. Right now he is bowling without his jet plane wings.

3 hours ago, express bowling said:

Bumrah and Shami vs SA.

Ishant will be ahead of everyone save bumrah due to his batting abilities.

54 minutes ago, sarcastic said:

Ishant will be ahead of everyone save bumrah due to his batting abilities.

In India, he will be replaced by Ashwin with even better batting abilities.

Moreover, in tests you always choose bowlers based primarily on bowling abilities in the given conditions.

On 9/3/2019 at 8:28 PM, express bowling said:

Shammi is our best pacer ..kind of as good as burman.

I am talking about in India and abroad..period.

Had kohli played him we would have beaten New Zealand.

Ishant and bhuvi are way behind shammi.

It's a no brainer that shammi is better than ishant of today also.

On 9/3/2019 at 7:04 PM, express bowling said:

In India, he will be replaced by Ashwin with even better batting abilities.

Moreover, in tests you always choose bowlers based primarily on bowling abilities in the given conditions.

Ishant's batting is currently better than the lazy Ashwin, whose batting has gone down the drain in Tests. Of course, Ashwin should play since he is the better bowler (by far) in spinning conditions.

24 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Only difference is he has started bowling fuller and using his inswingers more. Dhoni instructed him to bowl bouncers in England lol

But it worked, Dhoni could smell it before that English batters will go brainfade when faced with on the body bouncers. Could be the result of psychological damage caused by MJ thunderbolts in previous Ashes Australia.

8 minutes ago, MechEng said:

But it worked, Dhoni could smell it before that English batters will go brainfade when faced with on the body bouncers. Could be the result of psychological damage caused by MJ thunderbolts in previous Ashes Australia.

That is not his strength. it ruined Ishant as a bowler. His stock ball is inswinger. If he had bowled that all his life his stat would have been completely different.

35 minutes ago, MechEng said:

It was ego of English batsmen that led to their collapse 

On 9/4/2019 at 12:47 AM, ShoonyaSifar said:

Both Siraj and Saini should debut vs BD. If Siraj does not get his chance vs BD, then all these India A matches should be discontinued. The guy must have picked some 75-80 FC wickets for A side in last 15 months. Makes no sense if such a performance does not earn you a test cap.

If we had done this, we wouldn't hv faced so much anxiety to rush guys like Bumrah, Ishant back after injury. Ishant's injury wasn't serious so he pulled thru fine, but bumrah is pale shadow of former self. Shows importance of building bench strength.