Solution to Kashmir

veer

On 9/16/2019 at 1:34 AM, Number said:

One interesting thing about this region PoK is that they have almost nothing in common with Kashmir valley people except Sunni Islam.

Their language is not Kashmiri. They speak Pahari or Poonchi language which is spoken in Jammu region. So these were essentially part of Jammu regions which were captured by Pakistan. 

Also hunza, pothwari and mirpuri, right? Plenty of Mirpuris and Pothwaris in UK.

On 9/15/2019 at 8:03 PM, veer said:

I am more for not wasting next 70 years on this.. but what you are saying is another open conflict with us pulling China in... 

I and you may not live next 70 years but land is gonna be there. Just because we want peace doesnt actually means we give away our share of land. This land is borrowed from next generation of India and we are obligated  to return it to them. Ideally I would want us to return it to them, but most likely, they will have to get it by themselves. Just because we want peace doesnt mean that we close options for next generation of India.

Once again, PoK belongs to India and all the Indians.

Anyhow, who knows, what BJP Government can achieve in next 10 years. S. Jaishankar today made it clear, One day PoK will be under Physical control of India.

15 hours ago, Autonomous said:

Can only laugh at people here claiming that going all out for GB/AJK is an option for India. With all that money spent in projects including Highways, Resorts/Tourism Industry etc. anyone will give up the region, add chinese lomg term interest and investment, it is delusion that AJK/GB can ever be part of India. 

Best solution is to convert LOC into International Border as suggested. It will also waive off some portion allocated to bulky defence budget. 

Legally all the land which belonged to Princely state of Maharaja Hari Singh belongs to India and Indians even If that includes Lahore and Karachi, why should India give up its right to that land.

Its question of fullfilling our legal obligations to our next generation. Why should we sell it just because you send terrorists

2 hours ago, mishra said:

Legally all the land which belonged to Princely state of Maharaja Hari Singh belongs to India and Indians even If that includes Lahore and Karachi, why should India give up its right to that land.

Its question of fullfilling our legal obligations to our next generation. Why should we sell it just because you send terrorists

Goodluck getting any of the land, neither the people (hardly anyone even likes India there) nor the land belongs to you, you can never get it. 

You are free to spend your resources in war, catfights or abhinandans rather than in your society/economy. 

Edited by Autonomous

8 minutes ago, Autonomous said:

Goodluck getting any of the land, neither the people (hardly anyone even likes India there) nor the land belongs to you, you can never get it. 

You are free to spend your resources in war, catfights or abhinandans rather than in your society/economy. 

GB Shias are like Kargil Shias i.e. happy with India...

If we somehow secure Pakistan nukes, India has the capability to extract a surrender from pak in a full blown war inside 1 day imo, but 2 days max ...

Despite that, I don't want pok( ie muzzafarabad) but I want gilgit baltistan...but it's upto the govt. Of course to decide whether they want take entire pok as well.

2 hours ago, mishra said:

There is no such thing as legal in deciding borders. Whoever controls it , it belongs to them . Germany was very large but after WW2 large part of it was severed and given to Poland so that Soviet can retain west part of Poland. Intially Germany resisted but later during unification they accepted it. 

If you want to fight never ending war and spend billions of dollars then keep shouting we will get POK.Any act of crossing loc by either side will trigger war and World powers will be against that which crosses it. 

The question is what price is India ready to pay for POK. Is destruction of few Indian cities by nuclear valid price? 

The best solution LoC as permanent border

19 minutes ago, Singh bling said:

There is no such thing as legal in deciding borders. Whoever controls it , it belongs to them . Germany was very large but after WW2 large part of it was severed and given to Poland so that Soviet can retain west part of Poland. Intially Germany resisted but later during unification they accepted it. 

If you want to fight never ending war and spend billions of dollars then keep shouting we will get POK.Any act of crossing loc by either side will trigger war and World powers will be against that which crosses it. 

The question is what price is India ready to pay for POK. Is destruction of few Indian cities by nuclear valid price? 

The best solution LoC as permanent border

Look, Its fact. I don’t want war so does most Indiians. Pakistan has occupied it by force. Pakistan has faught for it and still fighting for it despite reaching to verge of bankruptcy. 

India on the other hand, has lost many lives because it couldn’t take action militarily and diplomatically. It had no allies apart from Iran and Russia and had to bear economic clampdown and wrath of many eu/mideast/USA.

For first time, we are reaching to a position where we are not having regular blasts in Indian cities and gap between India and Pakistan is rising in International diplomacy, economy and military. So , IMO, it has lasted for 70+ years. So , lets not do a Nehuru here and take decisions so quickly 

1 hour ago, randomGuy said:

GB Shias are like Kargil Shias i.e. happy with India...

If we somehow secure Pakistan nukes, India has the capability to extract a surrender from pak in a full blown war inside 1 day imo, but 2 days max ...

Despite that, I don't want pok( ie muzzafarabad) but I want gilgit baltistan...but it's upto the govt. Of course to decide whether they want take entire pok as well.

Your buddy China won't sit quiet with some movement near Khunjerab and considering how strategic is GB. 

1 hour ago, mishra said:

Look, Its fact. I don’t want war so does most Indiians. Pakistan has occupied it by force. Pakistan has faught for it and still fighting for it despite reaching to verge of bankruptcy. 

India on the other hand, has lost many lives because it couldn’t take action militarily and diplomatically. It had no allies apart from Iran and Russia and had to bear economic clampdown and wrath of many eu/mideast/USA.

For first time, we are reaching to a position where we are not having regular blasts in Indian cities and gap between India and Pakistan is rising in International diplomacy, economy and military. So , IMO, it has lasted for 70+ years. So , lets not do a Nehuru here and take decisions so quickly 

Delusions. 

47 minutes ago, Autonomous said:

Delusions. 

Which part?

1. Pakistan has occupied Kashmir illegally?

2. Pakistan has allmost reached to verge of bankruptcy by the cost of Kashmir fight?

3. India has taken unassailable lead in military diplomacy and economy against Pakistan?

4. Till end 20th century, Pakistan was competitive to India?

5. India has lost many life by terrism emanating from Pakistan?

So if all of above wasn’t delusion, why do you think India should give up claim on PoK? 

1 hour ago, mishra said:

Which part?

1. Pakistan has occupied Kashmir illegally?

2. Pakistan has allmost reached to verge of bankruptcy by the cost of Kashmir fight?

3. India has taken unassailable lead in military diplomacy and economy against Pakistan?

4. Till end 20th century, Pakistan was competitive to India?

5. India has lost many life by terrism emanating from Pakistan?

So if all of above wasn’t delusion, why do you think India should give up claim on PoK? 

GB and AJK can never be part of India, nor can IOK be part of Pakistan.

You are probably way too thick to understand that since you have started posting some irrelevant points

46 minutes ago, Stradlater said:

All the Pakistanis who have posted on this thread so far has agreed to the OP's solution. 

That alone proves what a preposterous suggestion it is. 

Thanks but no thanks. 

What do you say?

Nuke us? Start a war and kill people? Keep dreaming about some lala land. 

54 minutes ago, Stradlater said:

All the Pakistanis who have posted on this thread so far has agreed to the OP's solution. 

That alone proves what a preposterous suggestion it is. 

Thanks but no thanks. 

I know that's surprising to me too.. but then, again, to look forward and make any type of progress, we have to go through this or else only War is the option to get the POK.. and are you willing to sacrifice lives for the land that many of us dont feel any connection and for those people who hate India? Even if, say war happens and we win it.. then what? you'll have to put up thousands of soldiers at that place to maintain peace for next decades.. 

This is such a dumb idea and shows such lack of realpolitik. No country ever gives up a claim- never mind something they are legally in right at- without decisive, tangible gains. So what gains are there in recognizing LoC as international border ? Zero, zip, nada, zilch. It won’t stop the Pakistani from wanting out land. It won’t stop their terrorism. It won’t do anything. 

3 hours ago, veer said:

I know that's surprising to me too.. but then, again, to look forward and make any type of progress, we have to go through this or else only War is the option to get the POK.. and are you willing to sacrifice lives for the land that many of us dont feel any connection and for those people who hate India? Even if, say war happens and we win it.. then what? you'll have to put up thousands of soldiers at that place to maintain peace for next decades.. 

We can reassert claim 100 years from now, if situation is favourable, provided we maintain claim. Like China did with Tibet. 

2 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

We can reassert claim 100 years from now, if situation is favourable, provided we maintain claim. Like China did with Tibet. 

And what about lives and funds and energy that gets wasted to maintain that claim? And do you feel any connection with muzzafarabad?.. heck I didn't even know it was part of Kashmir a month back... While J n K was always a part of India...

Modi and Shah showed enormous guts to remove 370A.. and we would only gain from moving on as a country.. 

Edited by veer