2020 US Presidential election discussion

coffee_rules

2 hours ago, someone said:

Who will Indian Amercians vote for? Do they vote based on who is more pro-India? Or is it plain economics? And is there a rivalry between them and Pak people there? Like in UK, more Indians vote Conservative while more Pak vote Labor. Thus, most anti-India stuffs are from Labor MPs....

Most IAs were voting dem. Hillary is believed to have got 77% of our vote. I believe it is because of social policies, immigration and pro choice.This time depending on the candidate, they might split the vote. A lot Indians are anti illegal migrants, if they voted on who is better for India, they should vote for Republicans, who are proH1B and also pro Nuclear India. Unlike the progressives who hate Hindus dominating.

Edited by coffee_rules

6 hours ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

She will lead the world to its end.  After all, she has predicted that it will end in 12 years.  This is why scientists cringe at politicians.  Nowhere in the UN IPCC report did it predict a doomsday in 12 years, but she had to go there.  It is a recurring theme - politicians cannot survive if there is no fear-mongering.  

Trump: Beware the Mexicans

Sanders: Beware the big corporations, beware nuclear power, beware doctors

Marianne Williamson: Beware chemicals.

AOC: Beware the end of the world

They find things that their demographic is a bit worried about, amplify them to ridiculous extents and in the process, lose credibility.  

9 minutes ago, riya said:

Very simple Trump will get re elected in 2020...The more the press attacks him the more he becomes popular among common people...Same as Modi effect...

There's a difference,  Trump doesn't have to deal with the likes of Pappu.  There are reasonably competent alternatives available to voters.

43 minutes ago, riya said:

Very simple Trump will get re elected in 2020...The more the press attacks him the more he becomes popular among common people...Same as Modi effect...

Not really. 2016 was the combination of anti-Obama & Clinton. The pro Trump or even anti-Trump fActors werent enough to win.

In 2020, its not the same situation, and the pro-Trump is simply not enough for win. He still needs and has to create the anti-votes...

2 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Who ? Comrade Bernie, Biden, Warren, Kamala or Tulsi will win the Dem ticket?

Personally, I hope Warren is the candidate, but not a given.  I think she has the same problem as Hillary - She's competent and intelligent, and thus "unlikeable" because she makes people uncomfortable and unconsciously intimidated.    

Bernie and Biden are dinosaurs, they are done.  Tulsi is a never was, Kamala is too Obama-y - too new, too black, too inexperienced, too outsidery.  

Unless there is a major terrorist attack on American soil, or even outside of the mainland, but on US personnel, Republicans are not winning in 2020.  Its simple as that.  In fact, the republicans best chance may be to ditch Trump, but its too late for that.  They will sink with him.

48 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Personally, I hope Warren is the candidate, but not a given.  I think she has the same problem as Hillary - She's competent and intelligent, and thus "unlikeable" because she makes people uncomfortable and unconsciously intimidated.    

Bernie and Biden are dinosaurs, they are done.  Tulsi is a never was, Kamala is too Obama-y - too new, too black, too inexperienced, too outsidery.  

Unless there is a major terrorist attack on American soil, or even outside of the mainland, but on US personnel, Republicans are not winning in 2020.  Its simple as that.  In fact, the republicans best chance may be to ditch Trump, but its too late for that.  They will sink with him.

I really dont agree with you,as a guy who lives in a red state i can say that 99% of all republicans will vote for him.The democrats wont win Florida,all trump has to do is hold one of the states like Wisconsin and its done.