Who is the most fearsome fast bowler you have seen

maniac

9 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

Anything above 136 is sharp. Above 140 is quick. So 152 is definitely express. The point I was making was, Devon had the same impact as Akhtar and was similar pace. Its just that you must have been too young then. Patrick Patterson was another who had similar persona and presence of Shoaib Akhtar.

You find Shoaib the most menacing because he is the one you grew up on. 

I had watched Devon in 96 test series though I was not even in my teens then.

12 hours ago, maniac said:

2 of my most memorable(not in a good way :(( ) Sachin dismissals were 

Wasim Akram trapping Sachin LBW plumb in front with an amazing slower ball in the first over in the Ind-Aus-Pak tri series . No one saw that coming. That was artistry from the bowler

Alan Donald running through Sachin's defense with  brutal full length ball that came in sharply off the seam in the 96 series. Sachin couldn't even crouch here :giggle: absolutely zipped past his defense and this was Sachin at his prime prime when he had the fastest reflexes and bat speed. Now that was brutal.

But you should watch Sachin's innings against Donald in Diana Memorial. That was class. I think that was the first time Allan Donald clapped for an opposition batsman, while bowling. Sachin totally owned him

8 hours ago, putrevus said:

Imran was quoted during Packer series, Holding was so fast that the batsmen preferred facing Andy Roberts.Holding and Patrick Patterson were very dangerous compared to Akthar and Lee due to their height.

Because batsmen were not used to facing express pace at that time. So when they faced these guys, they had to be surprised. Like in mid to late 90s when, world cricket hardly had one genuine pacer in Donald and then came Akhtar and Brett Lee batsmen really struggled to face them. Lee had an explosive start to his test career and he was bowling 142-150k.

9 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

In terms of speed, it will be Nagarkotti. Mavi is a more balanced, matured of the 2. Mavi will never go blindly for pace. Mark my words.

But he has bowled as quick as Koti after the u19 WC and because his deliveries come into the batsmen. His bouncers are more dangerous.

3 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

But he has bowled as quick as Koti after the u19 WC and because his deliveries come into the batsmen. His bouncers are more dangerous.

He hasnt reached the peak pace of Nagarkotti I think. In any event, its going to be Nagarkotti who would go for searing pace. Mavi is all about quality.

5 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

He hasnt reached the peak pace of Nagarkotti I think. In any event, its going to be Nagarkotti who would go for searing pace. Mavi is all about quality.

Koti bowled 149 in WC, Mavi bowled 149 in IPL after that WC. See the screenshot.

Screenshot_20191019-085938.png

14 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Koti bowled 149 in WC, Mavi bowled 149 in IPL after that WC. See the screenshot.

Screenshot_20191019-085938.png

What nagarkotti did 1 yr before, Mavi has done after 1 yr. Also, Mavi is a year older to him. 

But anyways, my belief is that mavi will try to maintain quality and pace together. He is not the one who would aim at 100mph sacrificing accuracy. But Nagarkotti, he would do something like that.

Just now, Rightarmfast said:

What nagarkotti did 1 yr before, Mavi has done after 1 yr. Also, Mavi is a year older to him. 

But anyways, my belief is that mavi will try to maintain quality and pace together. He is not the one who would aim at 100mph sacrificing accuracy. But Nagarkotti, he would do something like that.

Yes, my concern is body structure of koti, he is very short. 

Also, I remember reading somewhere that Mavi used to be much quicker previously than what he had bowled in WC. But a knee injury at the age of 16-17 had forced him to change his action and he became an inswing bowler from an outswing bowler he was previously. As a result of that change, pace also got reduced. But he was getting it back in IPL. I remember in an India A vs SA a series game, he was bowling quicker than Saini.

Shaun Tait...fearsome and most talented just didn't make a good career. When I saw him on TV  ,found him faster than Brett Lee and just that he had line length issues ,else he would have made it very big.

Curtly Ambrose..tallest fast bowler..steep bounce from good length. I saw him hitting manjrekar 2 times in an over. Manjrekar scored 10 runs and batted for 3 hours.

Shoaib Akhtar..deadly pace.sachin and sehwag could only handle him.

6 hours ago, Vilander said:

He is more Anderson Walsh Akram type bowler not intimidating as a special feature though more a byproduct of skill on display.  Dizzy was more intimidating than McGrath for instance..its an additional feature. 

Bumrah bowls a lot of bodyline stuff at high pace, especially in test matches if the ball is not moving around. We saw that in the SA and Australia tours and also in the 5th test in England when the pitch was flat.  He hit so many batsmen on the head and body. He bowled a very hostile spell in the WI too when the ball stopped moving.

We have seen it in some ODIs too, although the scope for hostile bowling is far lesser in ODIs.

Notable hits to the head by Bumrah include Harris who fell down in a test, Bravo who withdrew from the test due to a concussion,  Elgar who refused to bat further that day and ABDV who had a concussion too in IPL 2019.  He has also broken the fingers of a couple of batters in the last 12 months.

Bumrah has this ability to make the ball climb sharply from length or just short of it. This ability, along with his high pace in the air,  zip off the deck and his natural angle into the body ... results in a lot of body hits.

Edited by express bowling
14 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

These few deilveries by akthar makes him top my list 

2nd n 3rd ball 

@Muloghonto check ponting bis batting over 100. Aus 344/4 but Akhtar is still clocking 153 kph. Akhtar was a natural fast bowler. Fitness didn't matter to him. At his worst fitness at 36 years of official age, carrying a paunch, guy was clocking 150 kph.  Likes of Akhtar, Brett Lee were of different category bowlers. These were bowlers whose stock deliveries at their peak used to be 150 kph. No current bowler can match them.

1 hour ago, Rightarmfast said:

While the hostility of a pacer does depend a lot on searing pace ... it also depends on the willingness of the pacer to bowl bodyline stuff, his bowling style and his ability to get steep bounce.

Till now, Nagarkoti seems to be a guy who wants to target the stumps at searing and skiddy pace  ... and bowls bodyline stuff only as a variation.

While Mavi ... who has that extra pace too ... has the ability to get the ball to lift sharply from just short of a length and has intimidated the batsmen more.

It may all change in the future though if Nagarkoti manages to bowl 143 k to 153 k spells with some regularity and wants to target the body too.

26 minutes ago, express bowling said:

While the hostility of a pacer does depend a lot on searing pace ... it also depends on the willingness of the pacer to bowl bodyline stuff, his bowling style and his ability to get steep bounce.

Till now, Nagarkoti seems to be a guy who wants to target the stumps at searing and skiddy pace  ... and bowls bodyline stuff only as a variation.

While Mavi ... who has that extra pace too ... has the ability to get the ball to lift sharply from just short of a length and has intimidated the batsmen more.

It may all change in the future though if Nagarkoti manages to bowl 143 k to 153 k spells with some regularity and wants to target the body too.

I was only talking about the pace. And I am of the opine that Nagarkotti is quicker than Mavi. Notice that I have mentioned Mavi being the one about quality. Which includes the point you are making about Mavi.

For me nagarkotti is definitely quicker of the 2, and if he plays again, I would put my money on him to be bowling quicker than Mavi.