Indian fast bowlers who should have played for India more..

Atul Wassan ( genuine pace )

Salil Ankola ( Fast medium)

Vivek Razdan

Harvinder and Aaron have already been mentioned. I think theres a list of bowlers from early 90's who were also sharp but were hardly given a look in.  Bowlers like Kuruvilla, Robin Singh Jr should have been given chance earlier than they were. At a time when they were still bowling at good pace. 

8 hours ago, Sean Bradley said:

Dont know about more, but Pankaj Singh deserved a shot in India colors, Praveen Kumar had a premature end to his swinging career. Varun Aaron still has a chance, 

two names that came to my mind as well

Pankaj Singh ( he was better than Ishant in every respect except pace which Ishant could hit high 140s at times which Pankaj did not do but they operated in similar pace, and Pankaj was a very thoughtful operator. 

Varun Aaron. Pacier and more thinking version of Umesh. 

how Ishant and Umesh made it and Pankaj and Varun did not. god knows.

9 hours ago, raki05 said:

Heard David Johnson was very fast.

No he wasnt. He played a few, was a spray gun absolutely useless. 

Ashish Nehra is the only bowler who should have played more. He was left handed, at his peak he was easily quicker than Zaheer, moved the ball around. Sure was a bit inconsistent but could have been so much better had he not got injured so frequently.  

Rest all the names on this thread should feel lucky that they played international cricket. 

Salil ankola and ab Kuruvilla were the ones who missed out the most as we emphasised on line length and not pace those days . Also fixers in team ... 

both were tall fast and bouncy . 

next who missed I think is Aaron . But partly cos of injuries and partly cos of too much competition 

last one is Sreesanth . He was a good bowler but crazy person I think . Personality issues 

11 hours ago, Nikola said:

I have seen only one footage of him and he looked quick in that.

You think that is quick :laugh:  He was probably 130+ in that ball. It felt quick because of a full blooded shot from Slater and the edge flew to Azhar who had the reflexes to grab it. He was also a spray gun and the ball that got this wicket was wide and full asking to be driven. Slater was too early in his innings to play that shot but that shot was on. The only one who bowled with some venom was Srinath