maniac

Pak vs Aus 1st test at the Gabba

I have never seen cummins hit 150ks. Don’t get me wrong he is a fantastic bowler. Deservingly world no.1 However his peak speeds are almost in the 145k range.  His length makes him dangerous but don’t know if he should be RF if indian seamers who bowl the same speeds are considered RFM. I agree on this with @express bowling and @Rightarmfast

Starc is obviously a express bowler and deservingly LF

1 hour ago, maniac said:

I have never seen cummins hit 150ks. Don’t get me wrong he is a fantastic bowler. Deservingly world no.1 However his peak speeds are almost in the 145k range.  His length makes him dangerous but don’t know if he should be RF if indian seamers who bowl the same speeds are considered RFM. I agree on this with @express bowling and @Rightarmfast

Starc is obviously a express bowler and deservingly LF

To add to your point, Bumrah was faster than Cummins both in terms to average speeds as well as fastest speeds in the test series they played together in Australia in 2018-19.

Bumrah was regularly hitting 148 k / 149 k with a fastest of 153 k ... while Cummins rarely crossed 146 k.

Edited by express bowling

After watching the Indian fast bowling group in action for the last 22 months ... this Aussie pace attack looks less skilful and boring.

Our quicks move the ball more consistently while bowling at similar speeds.  Bumrah, Shami and Umesh get more skid off the surface too. 

The Aussies may get more bounce as a group but their bounce Is predictable bounce apart from Cummins' rising balls. The Indian quicks, apart from Ishant, get more skiddy and " at-you " bounce.

Edited by express bowling

3 minutes ago, express bowling said:

After watching the Indian fast bowling group in action for the last 18 months ... this Aussie pace attack looks less skilful and boring.

Our quicks move the ball more consistently while bowling at similar speeds.  Bumrah, Shami and Umesh get more skid off the surface too.  The Aussies may get more bounce as a group but their bounce Is predictable bounce apart from Cummins' riding balls.

Starc to tailenders is fun and Lyon is good to watch in rhythm but agree collectively they are not as exciting as Indian bowlers. Only guy who is boring in the Indian bowling line up is Jadeja and I mean boring in a respectful way, he is just consistent like a machine  with just clever variations in his speed.

3 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Australia should just start looking beyond Starc in tests,i dont think he is as much of threat in tests as he is in lois

Im sure they(Aussies) have many in the tank to partner Hazalwood

All he does is bowl 150k yorker followed by a quick short ball. In ODIs when batsmen are trying to score it is difficult and he gets wickets in a bunch, in a test match they can play him out all day.

I still think he has some utility though, teams struggle to get tailenders out and he can come in blast them away

1 hour ago, maniac said:

Looks like all this blame,criticism, hue and cry about Misbah’s defensive approach might in the end help Pak  compete here.

Anyway too early though No pun intended but Pak is minutes away from self destruction like a suicide bomber

Self Destruction initiated already.  :cantstop:

This session is giving off Indian Aus tour of 99 vibes.  India won the 1st session of the 1st test with the ball - had Aussies 5 down for 100 odd.  And then went on get absolutely clobbered the rest of the series.  VVS was opener then, and got a big 100 in  the last innings of the dead rubber last test.  Tendy got sawed off by the umps a few times in those pre-DRS days, including the infamous shoulder before wicket.  The team simply couldn't compete though.

7 minutes ago, sandeep said:

This session is giving off Indian Aus tour of 99 vibes.  India won the 1st session of the 1st test with the ball - had Aussies 5 down for 100 odd.  And then went on get absolutely clobbered the rest of the series.  VVS was opener then, and got a big 100 in  the last innings of the dead rubber last test.  Tendy got sawed off by the umps a few times in those pre-DRS days, including the infamous shoulder before wicket.  The team simply couldn't compete though.

Another highlight was Agarkar getting four or five consecutive ducks

Redeemed himself in 2003 in Adelaide

4 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Boy did he ever - my favorite test series ever.  DRS would have seen us win it easy.

We shouldn't have lost at Melbourne after the start we got. Dravid had a momentary lapse of concentration and lost his wicket to Steve Waugh of all people. Viru got out at the end of the day trying to get to 200.

the match would have been different had we got to 450

4 minutes ago, Forward Defence said:

We shouldn't have lost at Melbourne after the start we got. Dravid had a momentary lapse of concentration and lost his wicket to Steve Waugh of all people. Viru got out at the end of the day trying to get to 200.

the match would have been different had we got to 450

That D1 at Melbourne is my fondest memory of watching test cricket. Veeru simply threw it away.  But the rest of the team shouldn't have keeled over the way they did.  

But all series long, the Indian bowlers nailed the Aus top 3 on their pads quite often with the new ball.  Never given.  Hayden at times, Langer the most often, Ponting a few times.   

7 minutes ago, sandeep said:

That D1 at Melbourne is my fondest memory of watching test cricket. Veeru simply threw it away.  But the rest of the team shouldn't have keeled over the way they did.  

But all series long, the Indian bowlers nailed the Aus top 3 on their pads quite often with the new ball.  Never given.  Hayden at times, Langer the most often, Ponting a few times.   

Despite all that we were in a position to win at Sydney. Simon Katich and Gillespie had a 100+ partnership. Katich did well in the second innings too. Kumble was our only strike bowler in that match. Agarkar was spent by then and Pathan had some moments of brilliance. Murali Kartik was also a letdown in that match.