2nd ODI, West Indies tour of India at Visakhapatnam, Dec 18 2019 01:30 PM IST

tweaker

It's been over 15 years since India last lost two consecutive bilateral ODI series at home. They have also never lost five straight ODIs in India. But both those things may happen if they lose to West Indies today

India : 1 Rohit Sharma, 2 KL Rahul, 3 Virat Kohli (capt), 4 Shreyas Iyer, 5 Kedar Jadhav, 6 Rishabh Pant (wk), 7 Shivam Dube, 8 Ravindra Jadeja/Yuzvendra Chahal, 9 Deepak Chahar, 10 Kuldeep Yadav, 11 Mohammad Shami

West Indies : 1 Shai Hope, 2 Evin Lewis/Sunil Ambris, 3 Shimron Hetmyer, 4 Nicholas Pooran (wk), 5 Roston Chase, 6 Kieron Pollard (capt), 7 Jason Holder, 8 Keemo Paul, 9 Hayden Walsh Jr, 10 Alzarri Joseph, 11 Sheldon Cottrell

My preferred team and batting order today ....

1. Rahul

2. Mayank

3. Iyer

4. Pant

5. Dube

6. Kohli

7. Rohit

8. Chahar

9. Kuldeep

10. Shami

11. Chahal

---- The youngsters can play freely, knowing that the 2 stalwarts are there after them.

---- If there is a collapse then the 2 stalwarts can stem the rot.

---- Kohli's ability to hit 6s have improved a lot ... and Rohit was always a big hitter. They can bat later on too.

---- Try the 2 wrist spinners together  .... D.Chahar can bats a bit and can be a decent No.8

14 minutes ago, express bowling said:

My preferred team and batting order today ....

1. Rahul

2. Mayank

3. Iyer

4. Pant

5. Dube

6. Kohli

7. Rohit

8. Chahar

9. Kuldeep

10. Shami

11. Chahal

---- The youngsters can play freely, knowing that the 2 stalwarts are there after them.

---- If there is a collapse then the 2 stalwarts can stem the rot.

---- Kohli's ability to hit 6s have improved a lot ... and Rohit was always a big hitter. They can bat later on too.

---- Try the 2 wrist spinners together  .... D.Chahar can bats a bit and can be a decent No.8

Apart from batting this will also backfire with bowling as the problem is still same dube playing as 5th bowler .

They already are playing kuldeep well and they ll just wait for dube overs to punce on him

12 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Virat should give opportunities to Mayank, Shreyas ,Rishabh to score more runs. Every one knows Virat and Rohit can score big, but when they fails, these youngsters should have confidence to score the runs.

The matches should not be only about Virat Kohli ,it should be also about developing the young middle order

ihttps://www.google.com/amp/s/sports.ndtv.com/india-vs-west-indies-2019/ipl-easier-way-to-play-for-india-than-ranji-trophy-says-deepak-chahar-2150316%3famp=1&akamai-rum=off

You need pace," he said. "It's tougher to swing the white ball, unlike the red ball. So many bowlers swing the ball both ways in Ranji Trophy. But it's tougher with the white ball. It's not just the shine, you need to swing the ball with your action. So I worked on that and increased my pace.

"Now I bowl the slower bouncer, and I have been working on my yorker, which has actually helped my bowling. I am confident that if someone hits me for a couple of sixes, I can york the batsman. Last year, in an IPL game in Chennai, I prepared a lot. I knew it wouldn't swing much there, so I worked on my variations. I bowl three overs in the powerplay for CSK, so you have to bowl yorkers. But you need to keep improving in cricket. Yorker, wide yorker. I try everything."

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Apart from batting this will also backfire with bowling as the problem is still same dube playing as 5th bowler .

They already are playing kuldeep well and they ll just wait for dube overs to punce on him

Why should it backfire with batting ?

Bowling loophole can easily be plugged with Jadeja in place of Mayank ... and Rohit opening ... but we will miss a chance to try Mayank.

Conservative 11

1. Rohit

2. Rahul

3. Kohli

4. Iyer

5. Pant

6. Dube

7. Jadeja

8. D.Chahar

9. Kuldeep

10. Shami

11. Chahal

Edited by express bowling
28 minutes ago, tweaker said:

ihttps://www.google.com/amp/s/sports.ndtv.com/india-vs-west-indies-2019/ipl-easier-way-to-play-for-india-than-ranji-trophy-says-deepak-chahar-2150316%3famp=1&akamai-rum=off

You need pace," he said. "It's tougher to swing the white ball, unlike the red ball. So many bowlers swing the ball both ways in Ranji Trophy. But it's tougher with the white ball. It's not just the shine, you need to swing the ball with your action. .

"

Agreed.

So let's pick a pacer who has that extra pace.

Edited by express bowling
59 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Why should it backfire with batting ?

Bowling loophole can easily be plugged with Jadeja in place of Mayank ... and Rohit opening ... but we will miss a chance to try Mayank.

Conservative 11

1. Rohit

2. Rahul

3. Kohli

4. Iyer

5. Pant

6. Dube

7. Jadeja

8. D.Chahar

9. Kuldeep

10. Shami

11. Chahal

Coz u cannot make an opener bat at 6-7 all of sudden specially when he has played at open for 6 yrs. Rohit struggled in middle for a reason...

Kohli has an oustanding record on this ground why wud u give him less balls.

These 2 are ATG in odi for a reason coz when they have their day they make it count. Iyer n pant are good but they had a good day and they didnt make it big. Anyone can have a bad day but on good days those 2 are better then anyone. 

If u wanna develop others rest these two....

Kohli, rohit are best when they have time n hand and they run the game acc to them. And no one can cause as much as damage as a set rohit sharma. Guys like dhoni, dravid batted down the order coz they cud....these 2 wont be as successful.  The great aussie team never send gilly hayden ponting down to give clarke batting.

Ur best batsman play most balls thats the rule in LOI

We already have 3 less exp batsman so its always better to have exp batsman around them

Edited by Ankit_sharma03