Jump to content
tweaker

3rd ODI, West Indies tour of India at Cuttack, Dec 22 2019 01:30 PM IST

Recommended Posts

This is the second successive bilateral series at home in which India have come to the deciding ODI with the series still even. The last time it happened, against Australia, India ended up losing.

 

India have had injury issues with their bowling attack, but the batting wears an extremely powerful look. Shreyas Iyer has settled in as a No. 4 who can explode if coming in late, or rebuild if early wickets have fallen. With Rishabh Pant and Kedar Jadhav to follow, Iyer has become the link between an irresistible top three and a power-packed finish.

 

India (probable) 1 Rohit Sharma, 2 KL Rahul, 3 Virat Kohli (capt), 4 Shreyas Iyer, 5 Rishabh Pant (wk), 6 Kedar Jadhav, 7 Ravindra Jadeja, 8 Kuldeep Yadav, 9 Mohammed Shami, 10 Navdeep Saini, 11 Shardul Thakur/Yuzvendra Chahal

 

West Indies (probable) 1 Ewin Lewis, 2 Shai Hope (wk), 3 Shimron Hetmyer, 4 Roston Chase, 5 Nicholas Pooran, 6 Kieron Pollard (capt), 7 Jason Holder, 8 Keemo Paul, 9 Alzarri Joseph, 10 Khary Pierre, 11 Sheldon Cottrell

 

Edited by tweaker

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, tweaker said:

Hope he plays :dance: Please rat I'll watch all of anuska's movies. give him a chance

 

2gh2p4.jpg

Share this post


Link to post

Sami is highest wkt taker is 2019 with 42 scalps in odi.. Surprise surprise our fuddu captain sat him out in 2 of the main games of his life inspite of being in team. Not sure how can someone play knuckle koomar ahead of shami.

Edited by raki05

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, raki05 said:

Sami is highest wkt taker is 2019 with 42 scalps in odi.. Surprise surprise our fuddu captain sat him out in 2 of the main games of his life inspite of being in team. Not sure how can someone play knuckle koomar ahead of shami.

I concur.. however bhuvi was preferred because of his death bowling credentials (wiz is ludicrous of late)... & Shami's death bowling isn't really something talk home about.. a la his IPL exploits (eco. of 9).. he almost lost us a game against nagins in world cup.. if not for bumrah.. where a nobody saifuddin took shami to cleaners... He is an excellent test bowler.. however in one day cricket.. u can't expect a bowler to succeed without a good yorker & slower ball.. he has shown signs of improvement.. & thus need to be persisted instead of knuckle kumar.. who is going haywire of late

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, Amit228 said:

I concur.. however bhuvi was preferred because of his death bowling credentials (wiz is ludicrous of late)... & Shami's death bowling isn't really something talk home about.. a la his IPL exploits (eco. of 9).. he almost lost us a game against nagins in world cup.. if not for bumrah.. where a nobody saifuddin took shami to cleaners... He is an excellent test bowler.. however in one day cricket.. u can't expect a bowler to succeed without a good yorker & slower ball.. he has shown signs of improvement.. & thus need to be persisted instead of knuckle kumar.. who is going haywire of late

TBH bhuvi death bowling hasnt been same in last 1-2 yrs due to his injuries

my issue is ur ll max bowl 3 overs in death so how come a bowler who bowls 3 overs better then someone who bowls 7 over better is pref. 

Shami has a good yorker but he is not consistent with it, still shami n current bhuvi in death is not that far. If some gives someone runs his wkt taking skill is miles ahead then bhuvi . His stats against england was i think 69 ot 79 for 5 wkts.....why wud anyone mind that.....thats half a side in 70-80 runs.

 

Ill rather take a wkt taking bowler who keeps getting bastman out by giving a lil extra runs then someone who doesnt get them out n has a set batsman in end . A set batsman in the end is far more dangerous then new one

Share this post


Link to post
45 minutes ago, raki05 said:

Sami is highest wkt taker is 2019 with 42 scalps in odi.. Surprise surprise our fuddu captain sat him out in 2 of the main games of his life inspite of being in team. Not sure how can someone play knuckle koomar ahead of shami.

I wouldn't construct a sentence with both Shami and scalp together. Can see his scalp when he bowls. Definite male pattern balding.

The guy must have fudged his age.

Edited by Mariyam

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

TBH bhuvi death bowling hasnt been same in last 1-2 yrs due to his injuries

my issue is ur ll max bowl 3 overs in death so how come a bowler who bowls 3 overs better then someone who bowls 7 over better is pref. 

Shami has a good yorker but he is not consistent with it, still shami n current bhuvi in death is not that far. If some gives someone runs his wkt taking skill is miles ahead then bhuvi . His stats against england was i think 69 ot 79 for 5 wkts.....why wud anyone mind that.....thats half a side in 70-80 runs.

 

Ill rather take a wkt taking bowler who keeps getting bastman out by giving a lil extra runs then someone who doesnt get them out n has a set batsman in end . A set batsman in the end is far more dangerous then new one

Yeah i hv mentioned.. bhuvi's bowling isn't also any good of late.. however prior to world cup bhuvi-bumrah combinations seems to hv worked.. now.. with recurring injuries.. bhuvi find himself in tight water..  i concur.. in helpful conditions outside subcontinent.. shami is an upgrade over bhuvi a la India's New Zealand tour prior to world cup.. in death bowling i will rate both of them as average with considerable room for amends.. 

Edited by Amit228

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, raki05 said:

This guy hope is good player of pace and spin and well suited in India squad where everyone else is Dasher.

Everyone else is dasher?? I am certain u r definitely not taking about Jadhavs & jaddus from chuskies dashing grandpa eleven..:phehe:

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, New guy said:

Catch should have been taken 

So much explanation and covering being given by commentators for a dropped catch. Jadeja is a very good outfielder and has a great throw. He's definitely not a great catcher in the circle.

Share this post


Link to post
30 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

The way WI is batting looks like they ll target someone big time and it wud be jadeja again

Pollard showing where his loyality lies after earning all his income from IPL...sending Chase @3 with shai hope at other end. :finger:

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...