It’s not surprising that this forum has a bad reputation

cric_fan

32 minutes ago, cric_fan said:

Sorry, what? I hardly ever post on the ‘other forum’ but you will never find abuse on this level directed towards Indian’s there.

I was called a Pajeet on one of your holy green ghettos, by a moderator. I stopped going there altogether. Their loss. It's not as if there is a lack of cricket forums on the internet.

You coming here is your choice, but do not expect rose petals to be showered on you. If you cannot take a bit of heat especially considering your nationality, then let the door not hit you on your way out.

There is well directed abuse but it is sopisticated. There is no room for dissent. If the tables were turned they would have banned you. There are regular posters over there who do nothing but belittle Indian cricket and its achievements.

Once again feel free to post and do feel at home but kindly do not say that this is a bad forum. 

Have you ever seen how much criticism we direct at Kohli, Dhoni, Dhawan or any other cricketer.

I think your reaction is over the top because of our difference in upbringing. Raised in Indian capital all we have learned is to show dissent if we don't like something. You give Imran a god like status and we give Kohli hell. Those are the fundamental differences betewen us so don't get terribly upset. We are your brothers.

Reaction is over the top? You are basically justifying the vile abuse. Well done.

49 minutes ago, cric_fan said:

Sorry, what? I hardly ever post on the ‘other forum’ but you will never find abuse on this level directed towards Indian’s there.

I have the right to criticise.

They practice one-sided moderation there - and outright ban people for expressing pro-Indian views, even if no rules are violated.  Casual bigotry against Hindus and Indians, outright lies and propaganda are not only tolerated, but celebrated.  Anybody who challenges it with facts, gets banned. 

I don't deny that there is often vicious anti-Pakistan and anti-muslim posts on this forum - but by the same token there are vicious anti-India posts too, and both are treated relatively the same way.   Honestly speaking, I would prefer to see less trash here, and a more positive environment generally towards greenbros.  

14 minutes ago, cric_fan said:

Reaction is over the top? You are basically justifying the vile abuse. Well done.

Nobody's "justifying the abuse".  You are bashing the entire forum based on extrapolation - that's being defended against.  Understand the difference.

Or choose to play victim and believe that we are are bigots who hate you - your choice.

I went back to that Haris Rauf thread and see that quite a few comments have been deleted now by mods. So, feedback is heard here.

While i personally am not sure rauf's action is questionable, and neither do I find his celebration majorly reprehsible (aussies of early 2000s mouthing off was far worse), it's undeniable that Pakistan's behavior over the decades, and lack of introspection by many ordinary Pakistanis, has created a negative image about them across the world. So first & foremost, Pakistanis have to realise what they and their country are doing wrong. 

In this day & age of social media, your cricketers' bigoted utterings (Tanvir, afridi, treatment of Kaneria) and rants like latest one by Miandad, are now exposing what was bubbling underneath in your society all along. Indians in particular have bled for long due to actions of your deep state.

If i were a Pakistani, i would worry far more about what my country has become, then about the reputation of a cricket forum where members have little patience for social niceties towards a bigoted, terrorist state (with due apologies to civil, sensible Pakistanis)

26 minutes ago, cric_fan said:

Lot of people are uncomfortable with throat slitting gesture so they express themselves. No one is justifying any abuse. I personally don't care about that gesture so I did not post in that thread but others have a right to do what they feel like as long as it is not abusive.

Edited by Khota

23 minutes ago, sandeep said:

They practice one-sided moderation there - and outright ban people for expressing pro-Indian views, even if no rules are violated.  Casual bigotry against Hindus and Indians, outright lies and propaganda are not only tolerated, but celebrated.  Anybody who challenges it with facts, gets banned. 

I don't deny that there is often vicious anti-Pakistan and anti-muslim posts on this forum - but by the same token there are vicious anti-India posts too, and both are treated relatively the same way.   Honestly speaking, I would prefer to see less trash here, and a more positive environment generally towards greenbros.  

Good post. Actually a very good post.

There have been some posts in that haris thread that were just garbage. But I have seen plenty of anti Indian stuff in PP and still there and that is supposed to be the best pakistani forum. I got this message from a moderator that there will be a pro-Pak bias in that forum. But they do remove objectionable content and the guy above says some of the posts were removed from that haris thread. You have to go back a decade when they used to spell Sehwag as Sewage. I countered by calling Jamshed as Fatshed and was taken down. Just because there is a high number of mods there doesn't mean the content is always pure.

I have seen trolls frothing from the mouth hating on India there. They have british pak mods there so the hate is filtered by somewhat good manners. But still the inner pak mentality comes out when they carry their bias. You have to check when pak won ct in 2017. The place went nuts and out came the hatred. They call it fun and games. But when someone does it here, all of a sudden you get serious. This is a slightly less moderated forum and still the hate factor is quite less. I don't think there are any mods other than @beetle and a couple of others.

16 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

There have been some posts in that haris thread that were just garbage. But I have seen plenty of anti Indian stuff in PP and still there and that is supposed to be the best pakistani forum. I got this message from a moderator that there will be a pro-Pak bias in that forum. But they do remove objectionable content and the guy above says some of the posts were removed from that haris thread. You have to go back a decade when they used to spell Sehwag as Sewage. I countered by calling Jamshed as Fatshed and was taken down. Just because there is a high number of mods there doesn't mean the content is always pure.

I have seen trolls frothing from the mouth hating on India there. They have british pak mods there so the hate is filtered by somewhat good manners. But still the inner pak mentality comes out when they carry their bias. You have to check when pak won ct in 2017. The place went nuts and out came the hatred. They call it fun and games. But when someone does it here, all of a sudden you get serious. This is a slightly less moderated forum and still the hate factor is quite less. I don't think there are any mods other than @beetle and a couple of others.

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Comparing what goes on this forum compared to green envy is sad. Those people from top down are haters but some of them are very sophisticated. There is not a single anti Indian post that is condemned. They revere the posters who show ant-Indian bias especially the BD and Brit types.

Bottom line is folks on this forum need to understand that they are taught to hate Indians whereas we were never taught any such thing in our schools. You can rationalize that forum real quick when you uinderstand they hate you with every fibre in their body.

IMO, majority of the posters here possess very good cricket knowledge and writing skill and I enjoy reading there posts. There is always a new and interesting topic to read. In this aspect, this could be the best cricket forum anywhere. But, due to lack of moderation, some spoilers, who I'm sure possess little cricket knowledge but are pretty good in using curse/foul language for anyone they disagree with. I'm sure its something to do with their upbringing, they are not capable of disagreeing with someone without using foul language. 

Banning or deleting abusive, racial,foul language contents particularly against a country or a particular religion is not " suppression of freedom", this practice of moderation is used by most of the forums, with the exception of Times of India. 

Time for moderator, if there is such a thing here to wake up and do his/her job and keep spoilers at bay. With some ( probaly < 10%, but very active ) spoilers checked, this no doubt is the best forum to discuss cricket related stuff. 

27 minutes ago, First class said:

Banning or deleting abusive, racial,foul language contents particularly against a country or a particular religion is not " suppression of freedom",

Agreed, but we don't have welfare mooching fulltime mods here.  Its not too much to ask, to just report a bad post.  

4 hours ago, cric_fan said:

Some of the posts in the Haris Rauf thread are downright disgusting.

Keep up the good work guys.

Seriously man ,who the * gives a sh1t about forum reputation and all ! 

Are you recruited by any particular site or getting paid by the server , if not then why care lol .

This is still better than Your green ghetto with jihadi mindset