Gautam Gambhir "India need to look beyond Shikhar Dhawan in T20.He has not done a lot in T20 cricket

1 minute ago, express bowling said:

Gambhir always calls a spade a spade.

And has very good eye for talent ... and knows which types of players succeed in international cricket.

And can fight for young talent ... as he showed in the Navdeep Saini case.

He is an ideal candidate for becoming a selector.

but yea he wud be great even yuvraj singh 

37 minutes ago, Khota said:

There is Delhi politics at play here. You have no clue what happens in Delhi and what the motives are

His own IPL franchies coach Kaif has said to drop him now

brad hogg, laxman, kris srikanth, ajay jadeja, zaheer all are doing politics

his own stats are doing politics by being poor

Ofcourse saare kainaat ki saazish bechare dhawan ke against wo sabki biwi leke bhaaga jo hai. 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
3 minutes ago, express bowling said:

And has very good eye for talent ... and knows which types of players succeed in international cricket.

He should become a selector along with Agarkar and Yuvi. Nathu Singh another talent backed by Gambhir is languishing don't know where. Hope he helps him out to like he did with Saini.

4 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

I agree with you. The next ICC ODI tournament is quite far off, time to thank him for his services and move on. 

Just now, Austin 3:!6 said:

Also, 2023 WC will be played in India where other openers (Rahul, Shaw etc.) can have better impact than Dhawan.

its actually only 3 years now and isnt a lot of time considering the number of options we have - rahul, mayank, shaw, gill, devdutt 

Its just not about trying these guys but also giving them experience. Not only they ll have to try one but also give long run ....so a lot of work and 3 yrs isnt much considering focus in next 2 yrs will be t20 cricket

If dhawan keeps playing for 1-2 years we ll only be left with one year and if 1-2 guys doesnt work the 3rd guy in Wc will go with 5-6 match experience like it happened this time . 

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

wud love to see him n kohli disagree in a selection commitee :p:

He definitely can put Kohli in his place. I am sure he will be into administration one day. Even the other day he said that "Hardik is good but he has not set the world in fire and hinted that he can't just walk into the team after every injury". Such a refreshing statement to come out from one of the mainstream stars.

49 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

its actually only 3 years now and isnt a lot of time considering the number of options we have - rahul, mayank, shaw, gill, devdutt 

Its just not about trying these guys but also giving them experience. Not only they ll have to try one but also give long run ....so a lot of work and 3 yrs isnt much considering focus in next 2 yrs will be t20 cricket

If dhawan keeps playing for 1-2 years we ll only be left with one year and if 1-2 guys doesnt work the 3rd guy in Wc will go with 5-6 match experience like it happened this time . 

By seeing our seniors retirement in the past looks like Dhwan LL not retire before screwing us in wc 23. I know if pressure LL be build up he LL say I would like to play wc on my home ground before retirement.

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

no thanks,he has better thinks to do ,not sure why an MP seems to be a full time commentator.

17 minutes ago, raki05 said:

By seeing our seniors retirement in the past looks like Dhwan LL not retire before screwing us in wc 23. I know if pressure LL be build up he LL say I would like to play wc on my home ground before retirement.

Fortunately dhawan doesnt have the status of dhoni or tendulkar so i doubt it ll go till that. Dhawan is under the pump now for sure and his competition is intense.