Austin 3:!6

Bumrah's form - should we be worried?

Looks like he is no longer the same bowler since that injury. Missing yorkers, bowling length ball which were a rare from him. Sure its early days and he will need few more games to get his rhythm back. Or should we be worried?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I wish there was a bowler’s wagon wheel, but methinks batsmen are using his pace to score heavily behind square when he is even a touch short. I don’t know why he isn’t aiming for top of off more often, that’s his strength

4 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Should never have come back directly to international cricket. After such an u jury, he needed a stint in Ranji trophy instead of playing T20s and ODIs, would have helped him get his rhythm back. 

Rhythm? He’s bowling 140 without much effort and the ball is flying to the keeper. I don’t think it’s rhythm, he’s just not got his radar right.

Yes ,rushed back too soon and unnecessarily played in useless matches.
He should have been given ample rest till the test series , even nzl are without their 3 best Pacers 

Should have sat out this series. Might aswell have tried Mavi or Nagorkati.

1 minute ago, cric_fan said:

Should have sat out this series. Might aswell have tried Mavi or Nagorkati.

Captain doofus ain't trying any new blood .he'll keep playing safe ,yes man type of mugs like thakur ,khaleel

34 minutes ago, FischerTal said:

dude he is bowling the best out of everyone.

That's not saying much is it with Thakur  and Saini channeling their inner dumb and dumber. The wicket had pace and bounce but our pace spearhead was toothless, contrast that to the NZ second choice seamers. 

I dug up a stat to console myself.

Curtly Ambrose, one of the most fearsome bowlers of all time, went wicketless with ER 4.3 in 3 match series Texaco trophy ‘95. The ER was almost 0.8 higher than his career ER.

Bumrah’s stats this series are as awful as that one. I don’t think Bumrah is a flash in the pan and he will come out stronger from this. There is hope

No need to worry !!

His pace is near normal ... accuracy is decent enough.

He is not going for too many yorkers or bouncers ... perhaps because there is an important test series coming up and these deliveries put extra strain on the body.

I was actually expecting Bumrah to go this route, especially in the ODI series just before the test series 

He needed match practice before tests and he got it.

He is looking fit.

1 minute ago, express bowling said:

No need to worry !!

His pace is near normal ... accuracy is decent enough.

He is not going for too many yorkers or bouncers ... perhaps because there is an important test series coming up and these deliveries put extra strain on the body.

I was actually expecting Bumrah to go this route, especially in the ODI series just before the test series 

He needed match practice before tests and he got it.

He is looking fit.

Yup nothing much to worry

i think NZ  has come up with a plan against his bouncers like upper cut and hitting his gull balls on covers. Bumrah just has to come with a counter plan. Also the plan of not giving him wkts might have made him a bit restless as well. So rather worrying on bumrah ill say well played NZ.

This has happened to every cricketer - teams will come up with a plan and player has to come against counter

if test pitches are flat then it will  be a drawn test series. But it could be a problem if the pitch deteriorates day 4 and 5 for team batting second. 

If the test pitches are more like test pitches is should be a more even contest with India sweeping

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Yup nothing much to worry

i think NZ  has come up with a plan against his bouncers like upper cut and hitting his gull balls on covers. Bumrah just has to come with a counter plan. Also the plan of not giving him wkts might have made him a bit restless as well. So rather worrying on bumrah ill say well played NZ.

This has happened to every cricketer - teams will come up with a plan and player has to come against counter

The upper cuts against bouncers have been made easy by ultra short boundaries.  If normal sized boundaries were there, many of them would have been caught. 

The best way to get wickets early on was to target the top of off stump ... but execution of that tactic was made more difficult as a single  wide slip was placed by the captain.  The best incentive to bowl close to the off stump is to keep either a proper first slip or to keep 2 proper slips, whichever is possible to implement.

1 minute ago, express bowling said:

The upper cuts against bouncers have been made easy by ultra short boundaries.  If normal sized boundaries were there, many of them would have been caught. 

upper cut mostly goes straight back......forget catching i doubt fielder will cut it also unless u keep a fielder specially for that like NZ did for KL in last few t20s 

3 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

upper cut mostly goes straight back......forget catching i doubt fielder will cut it also unless u keep a fielder specially for that like NZ did for KL in last few t20s 

Batsmen are afraid to try them as some may travel squarer.

He is not seaming the ball even 1 inch.
His traditional indipper is gone and that lately discovered beautiful outswing is also gone. 
He is still bowling good line and hard length so economy is decent.

3 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Bumrah is clever enough to prioritize things, also coming back from injury

This fortnight we saw

ash ketchum pokemon GIF

In tests we will see

pokemon GIF

I really really hope you are right and we see Bumrah terrorising the Kiwi batsmen on their own grounds.. I am praying this injury has not rendeered him useless so now that everyone can play him as normal and we only had a 1 year wonder where we had hope that our test pace attack can finally us tests.

Heres hoping Ishant is back from injury soon!

Bumrah will do fine in tests. In ODIs people are playing him out and attacking others. Obviously in the long run he needs to figure out a way to pick up wickets .

In tests if you are someone with good pace and are disciplined all it takes is 1 magic ball or 1 mistake from batsmen, so Bumrah will do well in tests as even though he hasn’t produced those magic deliveries since his comeback, he hasn’t lost his pace and discipline.

Edited by Global.Baba

1 hour ago, SUMO said:

His traditional indipper is gone and that lately discovered beautiful outswing is also gone. 

No Yorkers. He used to bowl 4-5 yorkers on the trot.

3 minutes ago, nitinbwj said:

No Yorkers. He used to bowl 4-5 yorkers on the trot.

Yes, because he is not at the top of his game. So, underconfident to nail those yorkers

1 hour ago, SUMO said:

Ishant and Ashwin did well with Kookaburra last time. Lets wait and watch what Shami/Bumrah have picked up this time. No ishant is a concern ut i expect Bumrah to be appear totally different come first session of first test.