That over is end of Dubes career

gakgupta

Dubey, Shankar aren't alrounders. They are at best good FC batsmen and part time bowlers. None of the two looks good enough to bat at 6.  Only H Pandya  can at this point. There is no other good batting alrounder in sight.  Need to groom likes of Abhishek Sharma and Darshan Nalkande.

1 minute ago, rkt.india said:

Dubey, Shankar aren't alrounders. They are at best good FC batsmen and part time bowlers. None of the two looks good enough to bat at 6.  Only H Pandya  can at this point. There is no other good batting alrounder in sight.  Need to groom likes of Abhishek Sharma and Darshan Nalkande.

Problem ia Dubey has not even looked like a batsman.He has looked outmatched against a very ordinary bowling attack.He does not need any more chances to prove that he cannot bat at this level.

While understand the agony with Dubey, look at the brighter side. With his remarkable performance he has ensured that Pant continues to remain in consideration. I am glad that he got the entire series, atleast he can't complain about not getting matches  in the trot.

Today must have left Dube a mental wreck no doubt but I hope it has knocked some sense into the TM. I don't understand their insistence on having  him bowl in every match he plays. Why do they bowl him when there are already 5 full time bowlers in the team? Is it to justify his selection as an allrounder? If he doesn't bowl at all, are they scared people will question why they haven't picked someone like Pant for the finisher's role? Sure, the theory is that if one of the full time bowlers is having an off day, he can sneak in an over or two. But if this situation is coming up every match, then there is something wrong with the bowling attack itself. If you don't have confidence in your 5 full time bowlers completing 20 overs or coming on to bowl in the power play or early overs, then it's time to think about changing the bowling line up itself. 

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

This hack should never have played for India. Even as a batsman you cannot compare this guy with VJS. VJS is a superior batsman.

Clearing the front leg to hack everything on the legside is this guy's batsmanship. 

This Indian T20 needs creative and unorthodox batsman, not this hack. He just got lucky with Pandya's injury. 

Sarfaraz and SKY would be two guys Indian selectors should look in imminent IPL. Those are kind of guys this team needs.

1 hour ago, putrevus said:

Problem ia Dubey has not even looked like a batsman.He has looked outmatched against a very ordinary bowling attack.He does not need any more chances to prove that he cannot bat at this level.

You can't judge a young player in T20s. T20 can expose any batsman. even Dravid, laxman looked like hacks in t20. Not comparing them but seeing his batting in FC, he is a decent bat but t20 and four day games are different formats.

2 hours ago, vaul said:

IPL should be criteria for selection in senior t20 squad because in SMAT level of competition is not good enough.

Did he perform in IPL ? Answwer is No ! He even has not performed in SMAT.Question is what was criteria for selecting him directly?

are you new ? you know which team he plays for.

24 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

You can't judge a young player in T20s. T20 can expose any batsman. even Dravid, laxman looked like hacks in t20. Not comparing them but seeing his batting in FC, he is a decent bat but t20 and four day games are different formats.

He is playing T20 so he will be judged as a T20 player.Who cares how good he is in four day cricket.He is not needed in test cricket for Indian team.

He flatout stunk in hitting fast bowlers.

6 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

the one u admire so much and look upto has never called him an all rounder ....always said he is a power hitter who can bowl 

who do u confuse those 2 every time .....chashme ke number ka problem

I always lookup to you to find an allrounder. When you find one let me know. Thanks!

Just now, Khota said:

I always lookup to you to find an allrounder. When you find one let me know. Thanks!

better look at my post careful might learn something

Said this when before his debut, i never said he wasn an all rounder and always had my doubts about him

but i said give him chance coz we need player for such role and nothing wrong in giving such player a chance , unless u try how wud u knw.

Be i any youngster even samson ill say give him a fair n long run coz we need such player....not everyone will come off

On 10/28/2019 at 5:48 PM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Bowling- He bowls as well but his bowling isnt good enough for international level at best shud be relied for max 5 overs so he can be 6th bowler but not 5th

Batting- his biggest plus point is his power hitting which is why he is in team since hardik isnt their and we need such players in lower order. Now is his batting good enough at international remains to be seen 

On 11/30/2018 at 9:18 PM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Ok lets see if this lad takes pandya place, likh ke deta hu nhin le payega . Save kr le post 

I saw the over and felt had Washington sundar not come so close from boundary it would have been a catch , the over could have been different. 

Dubey deliveries were rubbish ball's.. but just the sort of day when everything goes wrong...Sundar had a big role in closing dubeys chapter.. let's see if dubey can survive this..

Edited by prasen82
3 hours ago, prasen82 said:

I saw the over and felt had Washington sundar not come so close from boundary it would have been a catch , the over could have been different. 

Dubey deliveries were rubbish ball's.. but just the sort of day when everything goes wrong...Sundar had a big role in closing dubeys chapter.. let's see if dubey can survive this..

A bowler giving 34 runs should be dropped and made to realize how bad he was. Pampering such performances will lead to more such rubbish overs. Drop him, let him realize he is not given to bowl for timepass.

On 2/2/2020 at 12:22 PM, Straight Drive said:

A bowler giving 34 runs should be dropped and made to realize how bad he was. Pampering such performances will lead to more such rubbish overs. Drop him, let him realize he is not given to bowl for timepass.

Stuart Broad gave up 36 runs, it happens but has this guy looked like a comptent batsman against fast bowling, he played all mathes but did not impress in any of them.