Jump to content
gakgupta

That over is end of Dubes career

Recommended Posts

IPL should be criteria for selection in senior t20 squad because in SMAT level of competition is not good enough.

Did he perform in IPL ? Answwer is No ! He even has not performed in SMAT.Question is what was criteria for selecting him directly?

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, jf1gp_1 said:

Ask Pakistani, they will disagree with you 

their batting is much worse than NZ in ODIs, which is the match you are referring to. pak is #6 in ODIs whereas NZ are #3. on this small grounds and against aggressive players, bowling 120 pies will prove to be costly at some point or the other; just a matter of when and not if.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Vijy said:

their batting is much worse than NZ in ODIs, which is the match you are referring to. pak is #6 in ODIs whereas NZ are #3. on this small grounds and against aggressive players, bowling 120 pies will prove to be costly at some point or the other; just a matter of when and not if.

Bhai chill, post were made in jest. Was referring to WC game against pak where he came to bowl when bhuvi got injured and immediately took a  wickets. 

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

Bhai chill, post were made in jest. Was referring to WC game against pak where he came to bowl when bhuvi got injured and immediately took a  wickets. 

shankar will probably play for Ind again, once this dubey experiment is discarded. he is likely to slot back in as the back-up to hardik

Share this post


Link to post

Dubey, Shankar aren't alrounders. They are at best good FC batsmen and part time bowlers. None of the two looks good enough to bat at 6.  Only H Pandya  can at this point. There is no other good batting alrounder in sight.  Need to groom likes of Abhishek Sharma and Darshan Nalkande.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, rkt.india said:

Dubey, Shankar aren't alrounders. They are at best good FC batsmen and part time bowlers. None of the two looks good enough to bat at 6.  Only H Pandya  can at this point. There is no other good batting alrounder in sight.  Need to groom likes of Abhishek Sharma and Darshan Nalkande.

Problem ia Dubey has not even looked like a batsman.He has looked outmatched against a very ordinary bowling attack.He does not need any more chances to prove that he cannot bat at this level.

Share this post


Link to post

While understand the agony with Dubey, look at the brighter side. With his remarkable performance he has ensured that Pant continues to remain in consideration. I am glad that he got the entire series, atleast he can't complain about not getting matches  in the trot.

Share this post


Link to post

Today must have left Dube a mental wreck no doubt but I hope it has knocked some sense into the TM. I don't understand their insistence on having  him bowl in every match he plays. Why do they bowl him when there are already 5 full time bowlers in the team? Is it to justify his selection as an allrounder? If he doesn't bowl at all, are they scared people will question why they haven't picked someone like Pant for the finisher's role? Sure, the theory is that if one of the full time bowlers is having an off day, he can sneak in an over or two. But if this situation is coming up every match, then there is something wrong with the bowling attack itself. If you don't have confidence in your 5 full time bowlers completing 20 overs or coming on to bowl in the power play or early overs, then it's time to think about changing the bowling line up itself. 

Share this post


Link to post

let's hope it is, it will probably be forgotten because we ended up winning a dead rubber match. but i've never been impressed with his bowling, no zip or movement at all and trundles in at a leisurely 120kmph. You need to be at least something like what Praveen Kumar is to operate that way.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

Dubey, Shankar aren't alrounders. They are at best good FC batsmen and part time bowlers. None of the two looks good enough to bat at 6.  Only H Pandya  can at this point. There is no other good batting alrounder in sight.  Need to groom likes of Abhishek Sharma and Darshan Nalkande.

This hack should never have played for India. Even as a batsman you cannot compare this guy with VJS. VJS is a superior batsman.

Clearing the front leg to hack everything on the legside is this guy's batsmanship. 

This Indian T20 needs creative and unorthodox batsman, not this hack. He just got lucky with Pandya's injury. 

Sarfaraz and SKY would be two guys Indian selectors should look in imminent IPL. Those are kind of guys this team needs.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, putrevus said:

Problem ia Dubey has not even looked like a batsman.He has looked outmatched against a very ordinary bowling attack.He does not need any more chances to prove that he cannot bat at this level.

You can't judge a young player in T20s. T20 can expose any batsman. even Dravid, laxman looked like hacks in t20. Not comparing them but seeing his batting in FC, he is a decent bat but t20 and four day games are different formats.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Khota said:

I am sure our resident expert @Ankit_sharma03 can shed some light on this allrounder.

the one u admire so much and look upto has never called him an all rounder ....always said he is a power hitter who can bowl 

who do u confuse those 2 every time .....chashme ke number ka problem

Share this post


Link to post

Lucky to play all series, playing ahead of Manish who deserves to play at 5 and also ahead of Pant who can do better if not the same.

 

"Dube this series...13 of 9, 8* of 4, 3 of 7, 12 of 9 and 5 of 6 today. That's 41 runs of 35 balls in 5 match. Wrt current bench strength, he has got enough chances."

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, vaul said:

IPL should be criteria for selection in senior t20 squad because in SMAT level of competition is not good enough.

Did he perform in IPL ? Answwer is No ! He even has not performed in SMAT.Question is what was criteria for selecting him directly?

are you new ? you know which team he plays for.

Share this post


Link to post
24 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

You can't judge a young player in T20s. T20 can expose any batsman. even Dravid, laxman looked like hacks in t20. Not comparing them but seeing his batting in FC, he is a decent bat but t20 and four day games are different formats.

He is playing T20 so he will be judged as a T20 player.Who cares how good he is in four day cricket.He is not needed in test cricket for Indian team.

 

He flatout stunk in hitting fast bowlers.

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

the one u admire so much and look upto has never called him an all rounder ....always said he is a power hitter who can bowl 

who do u confuse those 2 every time .....chashme ke number ka problem

I always lookup to you to find an allrounder. When you find one let me know. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Khota said:

I always lookup to you to find an allrounder. When you find one let me know. Thanks!

better look at my post careful might learn something

Said this when before his debut, i never said he wasn an all rounder and always had my doubts about him

but i said give him chance coz we need player for such role and nothing wrong in giving such player a chance , unless u try how wud u knw.

 

Be i any youngster even samson ill say give him a fair n long run coz we need such player....not everyone will come off

 

 

On 10/28/2019 at 5:48 PM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

 

Bowling- He bowls as well but his bowling isnt good enough for international level at best shud be relied for max 5 overs so he can be 6th bowler but not 5th

 

Batting- his biggest plus point is his power hitting which is why he is in team since hardik isnt their and we need such players in lower order. Now is his batting good enough at international remains to be seen 

 

 

 

On 11/30/2018 at 9:18 PM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

 

Ok lets see if this lad takes pandya place, likh ke deta hu nhin le payega . Save kr le post 

 

Share this post


Link to post

I saw the over and felt had Washington sundar not come so close from boundary it would have been a catch , the over could have been different. 

 

Dubey deliveries were rubbish ball's.. but just the sort of day when everything goes wrong...Sundar had a big role in closing dubeys chapter.. let's see if dubey can survive this..

 

Edited by prasen82

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, prasen82 said:

I saw the over and felt had Washington sundar not come so close from boundary it would have been a catch , the over could have been different. 

 

Dubey deliveries were rubbish ball's.. but just the sort of day when everything goes wrong...Sundar had a big role in closing dubeys chapter.. let's see if dubey can survive this..

 

A bowler giving 34 runs should be dropped and made to realize how bad he was. Pampering such performances will lead to more such rubbish overs. Drop him, let him realize he is not given to bowl for timepass.

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Vijy said:

got injured. and his bowling is nearly as bad, although his batting is much better.

He's still got some clutch wickets. Bowled the last over against Aus and got two imp wickets against Pak when they were actually doing well.

 

His batting though is only suited for ODIs.. not T20s

 

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/2/2020 at 12:22 PM, Straight Drive said:

A bowler giving 34 runs should be dropped and made to realize how bad he was. Pampering such performances will lead to more such rubbish overs. Drop him, let him realize he is not given to bowl for timepass.

Stuart Broad gave up 36 runs, it happens but has this guy looked like a comptent batsman against fast bowling, he played all mathes but did not impress in any of them.

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...