Will you be surprised if Hanuma Vihari opens in the 1st test?

Just now, Malcolm Merlyn said:

Vihari has just scored a century when the young guns failed. What are the chances that he will open with Mayank/Shaw/Gill?

Sent from my HD1901 using Tapatalk

very likely IMO. This TM is characterized by short-term and nebulous thinking. Hence, I will not be surprised if they argue that Vihari adds "experience" and "form", and thus have him opening. They will also probably not drop Agarwal, citing his two 200s, despite the fact that he has been enduring some slump in form over the past few months.

Just now, Gollum said:

I will not be surprised if this TM forces Rayudu to come out of retirement and open the innings, this think tank can do anything, deranged mother*ers. 

they will make shardul open the innings while batting - after all, as per Rat, he is supposed to have more batting talent than smith, labuschagne, and bradman rolled into one. similarly, vihari will be made to open the bowling because of his "containment" abilities.

they will make shardul open the innings while batting - after all, as per Rat, he is supposed to have more batting talent than smith, labuschagne, and bradman rolled into one. similarly, vihari will be made to open the bowling because of his "containment" abilities.
Fortunately for us, Shardul is back in Indiaand not in the test squad.

Sent from my HD1901 using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Cricinfo now has an article on how Vihari could be an option for opening in the 1st test. Like a proper PR mafia on the payroll of the captain, His Master's Voice. 

Expecting rest of the mafia to soon start pushing this line.

Whats wrong in it? 

2 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Everything is wrong with it. Vihari is a middle order batsman and should remain so.

Its about winning the test not about players getting their favourite spots.

It will be a big gamble to play with our regular openers as mayank and shaw are totally out of form. I think it will be better for vihari if he opens as he will be able to avoid wagner and with his technique iam sure he'll be able to blunt the ball. 

It will be difficult for gill to open in nz conditions so we should give him a middle order spot, he"ll surely make more runs down the order. 

Remember in overseas tests we should play with the combination which increases our chance of winning, we can give chances to  players to nail their spot during home season. 

My batting lineup will be:

Shaw

Vihari

Chepu

Kohli

Rahane

Gill. 

Pant

15 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

that it has already been tried in Aus and it didnt work

You know why it didn't work. 

Vihari looked like a deer caught in headlights against short pitched stuff by aussie fast bowlers. 

Conditions in nz are quite the opposite, in first 20-25 overs vihari wont get many bouncers as bowlers will pitch it up. 

3 minutes ago, Adamant said:

You know why it didn't work. 

Vihari looked like a deer caught in headlights against short pitched stuff by aussie fast bowlers. 

Conditions in nz are quite the opposite, in first 20-25 overs vihari wont get many bouncers as bowlers will pitch it up. 

u really think wagner wont bowl him a bouncer.....

he was also bounced out by stokes in england ....not same pitches like aus either . Wagner will bowl be hostile all day 

5 minutes ago, tweaker said:

Kohli 's  move will be such that his friend Rohit Sharma will walk in to open in next home series

So rohit sharma is kohlis friend? 

I thought theres some heat between the two due to limited overs captaincy. 

Rohit is virats main competitor it will be stupid to think that kohli wants to give more power to sharma.