Jump to content
Suhaan

Mark The Year Folks 2020:Kohli's decline

Recommended Posts

Year 2020 has just 'officially' started with the decline of King Kohli:phehe:

Next 50 over wc is three years away,would be miracle on his part to remain captain based on things going for him so far,

He should be doing Mahayagna to make sure his home record doesn't fall apart ,if he retains his form at home ,it will be "all ij well" for naive fans and sutiya jh@@tu selectors to keep him there,

Kohli knows he will embarrass us in 2023

Share this post


Link to post

In last year year and a half Kohli has looked under pressure as a batsman and not playing his natural game. He was a shadow of himself in the WC. Even in tests Virat dominates bowlers and does not look this hapless as has been the case this series. These actually should be his best years as a batsman. His game has regressed so much in last year in a half that the likes of Babar Azam are being compared to him. Rohit Sharma has leapfrogged him as an ODI bat.

Time has come for Virat to seriously think of abdicating captaincy and getting batting mojo back. 

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

In last year year and a half Kohli has looked under pressure as a batsman and not playing his natural game. He was a shadow of himself in the WC. Even in tests Virat dominates bowlers and does not look this hapless as has been the case this series. These actually should be his best years as a batsman. His game has regressed so much in last year in a half that the likes of Babar Azam are being compared to him. Rohit Sharma has leapfrogged him as an ODI bat.

Time has come for Virat to seriously think of abdicating captaincy and getting batting mojo back. 

He is so scared of loosing brand endorsements to someone else,he has grown up as a player watching Dhoni and  knows the dna of Indian cricket of last 10-12 years ,get wins at home and you will be eligible enough to retain captaincy across formats

Yes Dhoni had build a reputation of being India's greatest Loi leader,but now things have changed,there are too many people who have mediocre past record compared to these superstars and have been given selectors role thus don't have balls to call them out and he knows this very well

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Frustrated said:

As fans we should be happy with this Arr***ant F***it's decline.   However, What is worrying us is that he will continue to take his place for granted, regardless of performance. TM does not hv the guts to say anything to him. 

 

Can the Indians in India tell me, who can actually axe Kohli as captain, is it the BCCI or Ganguly????

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, SK_IH said:

In last year year and a half Kohli has looked under pressure as a batsman and not playing his natural game. He was a shadow of himself in the WC. Even in tests Virat dominates bowlers and does not look this hapless as has been the case this series. These actually should be his best years as a batsman. His game has regressed so much in last year in a half that the likes of Babar Azam are being compared to him. Rohit Sharma has leapfrogged him as an ODI bat.

Time has come for Virat to seriously think of abdicating captaincy and getting batting mojo back. 

Maybe this is the reason. With Rohit batting so well, Kohli might be taking it easy just a little bit. He doesn't need to be as dialed in and focused as before. In top tier sport, even that little bit can make a big difference.

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Frustrated said:

As fans we should be happy with this Arr***ant F***it's decline.   However, What is worrying us is that he will continue to take his place for granted, regardless of performance. TM does not hv the guts to say anything to him. 

What re you talking about, he is the TM :hitler:

giphy.gif

 

Share this post


Link to post
31 minutes ago, nevada said:

Maybe this is the reason. With Rohit batting so well, Kohli might be taking it easy just a little bit. He doesn't need to be as dialed in and focused as before. In top tier sport, even that little bit can make a big difference.

I feel it's the opposite, quite ironically he has started playing too cautiously. Throughout the WC, you thought Virat will explode next game ,then next game and so on but it never happened. He is the one who explicitly talked about not playing for records but unfortunately he is caught in the web himself. Meaningless stats boosting, playing safe to maintain averages has become the game for him now. 

The other day I saw the highlights of that Maverick innings vs SL at Hobart,  even that innings when he scored a 50 balls 100 vs Aus. That was Virat in natural flair.

Now he plays like a robot and the team is resultantly playing in the same robotic way.

 

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Frustrated said:

As fans we should be happy with this Arr***ant F***it's decline.   However, What is worrying us is that he will continue to take his place for granted, regardless of performance. TM does not hv the guts to say anything to him. 

Arrogant and backing it up with clutch performances is actually good to have. This guy, OTOH is toxic and has messed up many careers. He needs to go if Indian cricket is to realize its true potential.

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, SK_IH said:

In last year year and a half Kohli has looked under pressure as a batsman and not playing his natural game. He was a shadow of himself in the WC. Even in tests Virat dominates bowlers and does not look this hapless as has been the case this series. These actually should be his best years as a batsman. His game has regressed so much in last year in a half that the likes of Babar Azam are being compared to him. Rohit Sharma has leapfrogged him as an ODI bat.

Time has come for Virat to seriously think of abdicating captaincy and getting batting mojo back. 

missing that straight ball of CDG shows the pressure has got to him. he is too good a player for us to lose - a lower profile player shld be given captaincy reins.

Share this post


Link to post

With Shastri at the helm, Kohli is on the loose doing whatever he wants and that leaves a total lack of checks & balances.

If Shastri is replaced by someone responsible and someone who commands respect naturally, that will immensely help the situation. That somebody is likely Dravid, who is more focused on influencing the development of next gen. Hope he is available after this test cycle is done with.

 

Kohli is here to stay for a very long time. Years of Dhoni's process-ism, coupled with Shastri's incessant chest thumping has disconnected him from reality to the point that we appear to be witnessing a modern version of the emperor's new clothes. 

We just need a strong coach to keep him honest & focused.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

No big deal....such phases will come with everyone .

Sachin avg 17 in 2003 

 

Nothing to worry as of now....no technical or confidence issue just exhaustion leading to lack of concentration . 

Sachin averaged that much because of playing for such long starting from  16.5 years of age and  there by getting affected with tennis elbow.

One thing for sure .... if he  does not relieve himself of a fair share of work load from  his shoulders, his reputation as a batsman is going to suffer a lot...

Share this post


Link to post
22 minutes ago, rtmohanlal said:

Sachin averaged that much because of playing for such long starting from  16.5 years of age and  there by getting affected with tennis elbow.

One thing for sure .... if he  does not relieve himself of a fair share of work load from  his shoulders, his reputation as a batsman is going to suffer a lot...

But sachin in same year was pilings runs in ODI. 

its not sachin many many players have gone through such phases who havent played half of sachin. 

Share this post


Link to post

Every player has a run of bad form.. He is a tremendous bat and can come out of it. Let's hope for the teams sake that he does because without both bumrah and kohli clicking we can neither win Tests nor ODIs. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Stutter said:

With Shastri at the helm, Kohli is on the loose doing whatever he wants and that leaves a total lack of checks & balances.

If Shastri is replaced by someone responsible and someone who commands respect naturally, that will immensely help the situation. That somebody is likely Dravid, who is more focused on influencing the development of next gen. Hope he is available after this test cycle is done with.

 

Kohli is here to stay for a very long time. Years of Dhoni's process-ism, coupled with Shastri's incessant chest thumping has disconnected him from reality to the point that we appear to be witnessing a modern version of the emperor's new clothes. 

We just need a strong coach to keep him honest & focused.

 

 

Kohli is not stupid. Thats why Shastri is there. So that Kohli becomes unaccountable for any performance with the bat or as captain.

 

As far as he is concerned the NZ series is an aberration. The true Indian performance will be displayed when India are at home v Banga/WI/SL in tests.

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

No big deal....such phases will come with everyone .

Sachin avg 17 in 2003 

 

Nothing to worry as of now....no technical or confidence issue just exhaustion leading to lack of concentration . 

This is why he should not have played the useless T20 and ODI matches. 

 

More focus should have been on winning the Tests. He ended up doing nothing  the entire series 

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

But sachin in same year was pilings runs in ODI. 

its not sachin many many players have gone through such phases who havent played half of sachin. 

may be .... but  it is those sharp reflexes that gets affected  in tests(lot more required in tests)  I assume because of such injuries. 

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, Stutter said:

With Shastri at the helm, Kohli is on the loose doing whatever he wants and that leaves a total lack of checks & balances.

If Shastri is replaced by someone responsible and someone who commands respect naturally, that will immensely help the situation. That somebody is likely Dravid, who is more focused on influencing the development of next gen. Hope he is available after this test cycle is done with.

 

Kohli is here to stay for a very long time. Years of Dhoni's process-ism, coupled with Shastri's incessant chest thumping has disconnected him from reality to the point that we appear to be witnessing a modern version of the emperor's new clothes. 

We just need a strong coach to keep him honest & focused.

 

 

we have seen where that experiment ends - KUMBLE. Kohli cannot co-exist with an indepenent-minded coach, he is 31 no spring chicken that you can expect him to change now. Only way out is to politely ask him to focus on batting. Ask new captain-coach combo to keep massaging his ego, praising him in pressers etc. 

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...