Sandeep Patil compares Rahane to security guard, slams Ravi Shastri

14 minutes ago, Sandeep99 said:

Wrong choice of words but he hit the nail on Rahane. No Mumbaikar favors. Damn we miss a selector like him 

He was the selector from 2012-16. By 2015, we were ranked number 6 in Tests. Before being a selector, he used to abuse Indian players on a TV show called Match ka Mujrim (with Bishen Bedi, with poor Syed Kirmani defending the players).

I remember Ajay Jadeja saying the same thing about Rahul dravid on a news channel few years ago. I thought it was because of his inferiority complex of being a test failure that led to spout rubbish on Dravid's batting.

Also got the feeling that Jadeja never liked Dravid and had a chip on his shoulder regarding Dravid. Was always too critical of him. For someone who was our second best test batsman and best for few years, Dravid always got more flak than anyone else.

@Gollum

I agree with your sentiment, but the sequence of events is not entirely what you claim.

1. At Cama hospital, the people doing sentry duty weren't guards. They were mess staff who doubled up for sentry duty. That is right, Cama hospital had no guards pre 26/11.

2. The terrorists entered from the back entrance of the hospital compound and shot at one of the guards instantly and a jhuggi just adjacent to the hospital compound.

3. The other guard was at the front side and came running with his lathi and was killed in the process.

4. It was another guard who was a witness to all this who hid and then rushed to the hospital and tried to close all the wards. 

5. The terrorists took some time to figure out the entrance, and by then the nimble thinking staff managed to barricade most of the ward entrances with all kinds of furniture and medical equipment.

Not a single patient died at Cama Hospital.

All of this is a part of the chargesheet ( I posted that in the Kasab Hindu terror thread recently) and a part of Kasab's deposition which was cross referenced by the guard who escaped and later led the police to the 6th floor of the hospital where a shootout with the terrorists took place.

I am just stating things as they happened and not trying to take anything away from the bravery of the guards involved.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, it is interesting how these two guards (who were actually mess staff) are representatives of all guards everywhere. I mean there are guards who are involved in break ins and robberies of various kind too. But yet somehow you choose the noblest two guards to represent all the guards. But when it comes to Muslims, it is always the scum which represents the rest.

Why the double standard?

1 hour ago, Mariyam said:

@Gollum

I agree with your sentiment, but the sequence of events is not entirely what you claim.

1. At Cama hospital, the people doing sentry duty weren't guards. They were mess staff who doubled up for sentry duty. That is right, Cama hospital had no guards pre 26/11.

2. The terrorists entered from the back entrance of the hospital compound and shot at one of the guards instantly and a jhuggi just adjacent to the hospital compound.

3. The other guard was at the front side and came running with his lathi and was killed in the process.

4. It was another guard who was a witness to all this who hid and then rushed to the hospital and tried to close all the wards. 

5. The terrorists took some time to figure out the entrance, and by then the nimble thinking staff managed to barricade most of the ward entrances with all kinds of furniture and medical equipment.

Not a single patient died at Cama Hospital.

I read about them from some article a long time back, bravery of the guards. You may be better informed about this, from your post indeed they exhibited lot of bravery. 

Also, it is interesting how these two guards (who were actually mess staff) are representatives of all guards everywhere. I mean there are guards who are involved in break ins and robberies of various kind too. But yet somehow you choose the noblest two guards to represent all the guards. But when it comes to Muslims, it is always the scum which represents the rest.

Why the double standard?

Security guards don't represent a threat to world peace, can't say the same about Islam. Can't equate a few robberies with wiping out of civilizations, genocide, exodus, demographic invasion etc. Christians were a similar threat some 400 years back (did more damage than today's Muslims) but they reformed, dharmics had their share of * but we improved for the better. 

I don't use scum to represent all Muslims. I deeply respect Indian Muslims who serve in army, paramilitary etc and also those who embrace their Indic roots, don't shy away from culture of their (dharmic) forefathers etc. Those who put India first and not Arabia or Quran, but that would make them non-Muslims (textbook definition), no? Anyway you get the idea don't you, I wouldn't have a problem with you for instance, in fact you would be a very good friend if I knew you in real world. I hate many Muslims but I also hate many Hindu/Sikh/Christian libbus (incl relatives and colleagues, college batchmates), do so because of their ideology and because they don't put the country first, not based on which religion they follow. 

Edited by Gollum
1 hour ago, Gollum said:

I read about them from some article a long time back, bravery of the guards. You may be better informed about this, from your post indeed they exhibited lot of bravery. 

Security guards don't represent a threat to world peace, can't say the same about Islam. Can't equate a few robberies with wiping out of civilizations, genocide, exodus, demographic invasion etc. Christians were a similar threat some 400 years back (did more damage than today's Muslims) but they reformed, dharmics had their share of * but we improved for the better. 

I don't use scum to represent all Muslims. I deeply respect Indian Muslims who serve in army, paramilitary etc and also those who embrace their Indic roots, don't shy away from culture of their (dharmic) forefathers etc. Those who put India first and not Arabia or Quran, but that would make them non-Muslims (textbook definition), no? Anyway you get the idea don't you, I wouldn't have a problem with you for instance, in fact you would be a very good friend if I knew you in real world. I hate many Muslims but I also hate many Hindu/Sikh/Christian libbus (incl relatives and colleagues, college batchmates), do so because of their ideology and because they don't put the country first, not based on which religion they follow. 

Why discuss religion here .?

rahane is useless now 

6 minutes ago, mani sha said:

Why discuss religion here .?

rahane is useless now 

I responded to the post by Yam (above mine). If admins have a problem they can remove it. 

Edited by Gollum

Why does some people think of unskilled professions to insult somebody? Speaks of their elite upper classness. Words like security guard, chaprasi, peon, clerk, driver, kabadiwala, I have not seen this outside of south Asians. These are professions that feed their families. I would think insulting people with words like insider trader, corrupt politician, tax evader etc.

5 hours ago, Mariyam said:

@Gollum

their only relevance in India is that we suck in majority sports and Brothelwood is even worse than Indian cricket. 

Major victory today :yay::aha::dance::eyedance:

the simpsons GIF

PS- No problem as such with 'brothel'....oldest profession must always get due respect. 

Edited by Gollum
44 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Why does some people think of unskilled professions to insult somebody? Speaks of their elite upper classness. Words like security guard, chaprasi, peon, clerk, driver, kabadiwala, I have not seen this outside of south Asians. These are professions that feed their families. I would think insulting people with words like insider trader, corrupt politician, tax evader etc.

Because we learnt this from our elders. Even I sometimes have brainfade moments and refer to these low class/caste (like chamar) people during normal conversation, trying my best to avoid this despicable habit. 

Expanding on this-> despite its many faults DMK under Kalaignar played a role in giving respect to these professions. Kollan (blacksmith), Tachchan (carpenter), Velaikaran (worker/helper) etc were changed to Kollar, Tachchar, Velaikarar in school textbooks because that 'ar'/'er' denotes respect...like ivan vs ivar, even as a Kannadiga I think you can note the marked difference in tone. Guys like @velu, @Vilander, @Stan AF, @The Dark Horse can correct me because of their superior knowledge of Tamil language. Rest of India is behind in this area barring exceptions.

Point is these things must start from junior school, the elder generation is beyond repair but we can hope kids today become better than us in this regard. First children must be taught to be respectful in usage of these terms (no more 'naukrani', instead call them maashi, aaya or whatever fits the local language, sentiment should be 'helper aunty' and not 'servant'), next step will be to teach them to avoid all of this in normal conversation, ultimate aim must be dignity of labour in Indian society. 

Edited by Gollum

Benefit of the doubt to Patil, he reminds me of a the traditional Indian grand parents who say out something like a saying or quotes  that in these days may be constructed as misogyny or racist but has a deep philosophical meaning.

The deep meaning of what he said is right but comes across as classist.