What are you looking forward to this IPL from an India perspective?

Forget your city franchise or your fav team but what is the bigger picture? What are whom are you looking forward to?

Here is my list

Dhoni- I am not joking. There is a chance he might be recalled if he does well as scary as it sounds and if he fails he might officially retire. Either ways it will be fun to watch 

Players coming back from Injury- Pandya, Dhawan,Mavi,Nagarkotti,Bhuvi,Ishant,D.Chahar etc performances need to be tracked post injury.

Players who now have international exposure in recent months and will probably get more chances than before to shine -  Thakur, Sundar,Dube,Saini, Samson,Shankar,K.Pandya

Bumrah- showed signs of resurgence. Let’s see if it translates.

Unknown players with reputation- Panchal,Jaiswal,Paddikal 

Players who are low on confidence-  Shaw,Pant

Players who are high on confidence- Rahul,Iyer

Players  who have a genuine shot of making the national debut - Sarfaraz, Prasidh

International stars- Russell,Butler,Smith

1. Shaw n Samson perfomance as they fight out with dhawan for 3rd opener slot for t20 Wc, dhawan is ahead but those 2 needs to do something extra ordinary to get ahead.
  2. MI winnings IPL- even though im not their supporter but MI winning IPL will put more pressure on kohli the captain n make rohit case stronger for LOI captaincy 
  3. Rahul vs Iyer- Captaincy.....a future debate that will start from here
  4. Rajpoot, Krishna, Mavi as next line of LOI bowlers 
  5. Gopal - for some strange reasons he is not part of plans even in A-team
  6. Pandya getting back form n fitness
  7. Abdul samad - If im Most excited about anyone its him
  8. Devdutt n abhishek sharma- another 2 guys who im keenly looking at 
  9. Sarfraz- another one who shud translate his ranji form
  10. Ashwin the white ball bowler- i Still think he is good for White ball 
  11. Kuldeep form- In t20 u can find n loose form very quickly 
  12. Saini shud rise to next level 
  13. Deepak chahar form n fitness- he is a very good t20 bowler
  14. bhuvi form n fitness- very good bowler in t20
  15. Rahul chahar - another special player 
  16. Gill will open or bat at 3 this IPL and he shud make full use of it. 
  17. Axar patel batting
  18. Krunal- hopefully puts a solid perfomance n gets his spot back 
  19. Pant form- he has been messed by this TM, hopefully time with ponting will help him
  20. DK n SKY perfomances- 2 guys who can be very good lower order options for t20 cricket in next 2 years
Edited by Ankit_sharma03

Captains - Rahul and Iyer

Batsmen - Shaw, Gill, Pant, Samson, Ishan

Pacers - Saini, Prasidh, Mavi, Nagarkotti, Siraj, Khaleel

All rounders - Pandya, Dubey, Abdul Samad, Gowtham

Spinners - Chahar, Markande, Ravi Bishnoi

Will be rooting for Pant and Kuldeep when their teams play RCB. Chuck that, will be rooting for anyone playing vs RCB. Would love to see Kohli’s arrogance being crushed again

8 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:
  1. even though im not their supporter but MI winning IPL will put more pressure on kohli the captain n make rohit case stronger for LOI captaincy 

Not gonna happen. You should know this by now. Kohli the captain isn't going anywhere unless he himself quits.

8 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:
  1. Rahul vs Iyer- Captaincy.....a future debate that will start from here

The only time they'll get captaincy of India is against the likes of Zimbabwe and Bangladesh (if Rohit isn't playing).

With T20 WC in mind:

Leg Spinner: Need one of R Chahar or Gopal to have a great season. Both can take the bowler AR role at 8. Will save us from Deepak C and Thakur.

Opener: Shaw, if he can directly            outperform Dhawan in the same team. We need him for T20 WC. Gill to take more responsibilty with Lynn gone.

MO: SKY, Rana. One of them needs to grab the MO spot from Iyer whom I dont rate as a T20 MO bat.

Spinning AR: Axar, Samad, Riyan. Axar favourite but Samad and Riyan are great teenage prospects.

Fast bowlers: Nagarkoti, Krishna, Mavi. The three best prospects keeping international cricket in mind. Unfortunately all of them play for the same team, so again a direct shoot-out.

29 minutes ago, TNAmarkFromIndia said:

Not gonna happen. You should know this by now. Kohli the captain isn't going anywhere unless he himself quits.

if he looses one more Wct20 and Rohit wins 1-2 more there wud be a lot of pressure for it . With every defeat pressure will mount on him now. Im quite sure this team is getting a phainty in Aus at the end of the year 

The only time they'll get captaincy of India is against the likes of Zimbabwe and Bangladesh (if Rohit isn't playing).

post 2023 this new captain wud be there and it cant be rohit then due to age so both their trial starts now

26 minutes ago, TNAmarkFromIndia said:

Please no DK in any format for India ever again.

well he is among very few in India who can play at a good s/r in lower order and can play the field 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
2 minutes ago, Gollum said:

For the good of Indian cricket Kohli's team must finish last, and he should look like a fool so that all of India can laugh at his stupidity. Rohit/Iyer/Rahul led teams must finish in top 3....Kohli's hold on captaincy must end ASAP. 

I highly doubt anything will change even after that. Kohli is going no where till 2023 wc atleast. Only chance is if he gets humiliated badly in both t20 worldcup as captain. I think we should just hope he improves his captaincy skills in limited overs.

I'm not looking forward to anything as it always ends up in disappointment wrt indian cricket, but

I want some serious repercussions about IPL's role if we don't win the T20 WC this year or even qualify for the semis. 

This is the 6th T20 world cup since the IPL started in 2008 and we haven't won even one after that. If the tournament isn't helping in winning us T20 WCs maybe it's time we bring about some serious structural changes within the tournament and the domestic system.

Edited by Stan AF
1 hour ago, Stan AF said:

I'm not looking forward to anything as it always ends up in disappointment wrt indian cricket, but

I want some serious repercussions about IPL's role if we don't win the T20 WC this year or even qualify for the semis. 

This is the 6th T20 world cup since the IPL started in 2008 and we haven't won even one after that. If the tournament isn't helping in winning us T20 WCs maybe it's time we bring about some serious structural changes within the tournament and the domestic system.

Why?

The IPL is a private competition whose sole aim is to make money for its stakeholders. The function of the IPL is not to improve India's chances in the T20 WC. Neither does any franchise owe any youngster an extended run in the IPL. Improving local talent pool is not their primary headache.

Edited by Mariyam