How is your city/state reacting to this Pandemic Corona

Cricketics

In DMV(DC, Maryland, Virginia) where I live, work and study:-

- my company is planning on asking all workers to work remotely.

- in my University in DC, undergrads have been told to return home and expect to take next few weeks of classes through online portals. Grad students which includes  me will also be prepared to take remainder  of  the semester online.

- Virginia and Maryland public schools are planning to go online. Massive challenge for them as these school students, especially elementary kids are in no way use to learning by themselves and transitioning online will be a challenge. 

- Outside life continues as usual for now but people have been vigilant. Bars, restaurants still continue to be packed. I think this current week and how it ends seems very critical. 

What is it like at your end?

17 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

My co has not given laptops, have to come to work. Changed job recently, earlier I had WFH option :wall: There has been one death in this county. All we are told is to wash hands and avoid all non-essential travel

I  have always had WFH option but recently have been coming a lot. I do like the F2F at work instead of being fully remote.  However, company  has asked us to be prepared to move everything online by sending us many emails to ensure all equipment and VPN connection are working well. I still continue to visit office location as of  today. 

2 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

I  have always had WFH option but recently have been coming a lot. I do like the F2F at work instead of being fully remote.  However, company  has asked us to be prepared to move everything online by sending us many emails to ensure all equipment and VPN connection are working well. I still continue to visit office location as of  today. 

Yes WFH on a slow day can do that :)

7 minutes ago, maniac said:

@Cricketics any cases reported in your area?

There were 2 cases reported in my county and couple more in the city so we are WFH till end of next week for now  :)

Church in Washsington DC near my universsity on lockdown since Priest got infected. First  time since  1800s a church was locked down. 

8 cases in all of Maryland, but all of them stable and recovering  well or have already  recovered it seems and had mainly travelled in the past 20 days. All mostly over 50 or 60  year old.

1 hour ago, FischerTal said:

My home city is named Corona lol

we have had 6 cases so far in Riverside county, but most of them have been down in Coachella valley because of the concert. Thank god it’s postponed, but still we are in a state of emergency.

Aren’t you doing residency?

First time hearing a ban on all flights from Europe but since the experts are still finding the root cause of the rpoboem and how to contain it, we have to take such tough decisions. Its a decent experiment to curtain travel by Trump’s team. However, I would have also extended the travel ban to UK too and not just the schengen areas.

58 minutes ago, Yoda-esque said:

I just went to eat at an Indian restaurant, it was full lol..I don't think indian folks give a rats ass about this virus.. everything was just normal unlike in other places

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

You’ll be fine. Indian food has haldi which is Anti viral :p:. RSS camp knowledge @Stradlater :phew: @Gollum

Edited by maniac

1 hour ago, FischerTal said:

NBA suspends season after an Utah Jazz player tests positive for coronavirus.

Tom Hanks also tested positive for Coronavirus.

That dumbass nba player purposely touched all the mics a couple days back saying it’s no big deal and viola he got the virus. Now the regular season about 18 more games per team is suspended.