Cricketics

How is your city/state reacting to this Pandemic Corona

In DMV(DC, Maryland, Virginia) where I live, work and study:-

- my company is planning on asking all workers to work remotely.

- in my University in DC, undergrads have been told to return home and expect to take next few weeks of classes through online portals. Grad students which includes  me will also be prepared to take remainder  of  the semester online.

- Virginia and Maryland public schools are planning to go online. Massive challenge for them as these school students, especially elementary kids are in no way use to learning by themselves and transitioning online will be a challenge. 

- Outside life continues as usual for now but people have been vigilant. Bars, restaurants still continue to be packed. I think this current week and how it ends seems very critical. 

What is it like at your end?

17 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

My co has not given laptops, have to come to work. Changed job recently, earlier I had WFH option :wall: There has been one death in this county. All we are told is to wash hands and avoid all non-essential travel

I  have always had WFH option but recently have been coming a lot. I do like the F2F at work instead of being fully remote.  However, company  has asked us to be prepared to move everything online by sending us many emails to ensure all equipment and VPN connection are working well. I still continue to visit office location as of  today. 

2 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

I  have always had WFH option but recently have been coming a lot. I do like the F2F at work instead of being fully remote.  However, company  has asked us to be prepared to move everything online by sending us many emails to ensure all equipment and VPN connection are working well. I still continue to visit office location as of  today. 

Yes WFH on a slow day can do that :)

7 minutes ago, maniac said:

@Cricketics any cases reported in your area?

There were 2 cases reported in my county and couple more in the city so we are WFH till end of next week for now  :)

Church in Washsington DC near my universsity on lockdown since Priest got infected. First  time since  1800s a church was locked down. 

8 cases in all of Maryland, but all of them stable and recovering  well or have already  recovered it seems and had mainly travelled in the past 20 days. All mostly over 50 or 60  year old.

My home city is named Corona lol

we have had 6 cases so far in Riverside county, but most of them have been down in Coachella valley because of the concert. Thank god it’s postponed, but still we are in a state of emergency.

Edited by FischerTal

1 hour ago, FischerTal said:

My home city is named Corona lol

we have had 6 cases so far in Riverside county, but most of them have been down in Coachella valley because of the concert. Thank god it’s postponed, but still we are in a state of emergency.

Aren’t you doing residency?

34 minutes ago, velu said:

no panic in bangalore ..

will order corona next time :beer:

Don’t forget lime. I still don’t get the point of corona with lime or blue moon with orange slice but hey who cares I love it 

First time hearing a ban on all flights from Europe but since the experts are still finding the root cause of the rpoboem and how to contain it, we have to take such tough decisions. Its a decent experiment to curtain travel by Trump’s team. However, I would have also extended the travel ban to UK too and not just the schengen areas.

58 minutes ago, Yoda-esque said:

I just went to eat at an Indian restaurant, it was full lol..I don't think indian folks give a rats ass about this virus.. everything was just normal unlike in other places

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

You’ll be fine. Indian food has haldi which is Anti viral :p:. RSS camp knowledge @Stradlater :phew: @Gollum

Edited by maniac

1 hour ago, FischerTal said:

NBA suspends season after an Utah Jazz player tests positive for coronavirus.

Tom Hanks also tested positive for Coronavirus.

That dumbass nba player purposely touched all the mics a couple days back saying it’s no big deal and viola he got the virus. Now the regular season about 18 more games per team is suspended.

7 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

That dumbass nba player purposely touched all the mics a couple days back saying it’s no big deal and viola he got the virus. Now the regular season about 18 more games per team is suspended.

March madness going on with no fans in the stands lol

1 hour ago, Cricketics said:

First time hearing a ban on all flights from Europe but since the experts are still finding the root cause of the rpoboem and how to contain it, we have to take such tough decisions. Its a decent experiment to curtain travel by Trump’s team. However, I would have also extended the travel ban to UK too and not just the schengen areas.

For social introverts like me, this is like a dream come true

4 cases in our county of close to 1.5 mil people no community spread yet, community spread likely started in neighboring Toronto. Wondering how and when they will start restrictions on schools and child cares , offices would have to go full WFH before doing that. 

Apparently before using disinfectants we need to look for DIN a drug identification number. 

People are going crazy on instant sanitizers and toilet paper *ing idiots.

5 minutes ago, Yoda-esque said:

I was buying some basic stuff at the grocery and saw people carrying sacks of rice..I mean wth...

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

There are already TP shortages here. Pretty soon, America is gonna adopt indic cultural practices like folding hands to greet each other and wiping ass with water lol

Edited by FischerTal

A week ago , an IT company (which is like 2 km away from where I work) in Hyderabad got locked down as one of their employees tested positive. 

There was this talk of all the offices in our surroundings likely to be locked down for a month but it turned out just a rumour. :hitler:

Can't see much preparation here. Caller tunes give info about the Corona Virus. Some schools are shut.

General shortage of masks and hand sanitizers.

Some days back, I went to see Thappad , and saw an infomercial about precautionary steps for Corona Virus. They repeated this in the interval too.

Unfortunately not too many people were in the theatre to witness the instructions. However, that can't be solely be attributed to the Corona Virus. 

11 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Can't see much preparation here. Caller tunes give info about the Corona Virus. Some schools are shut.

General shortage of masks and hand sanitizers.

Some days back, I went to see Thappad , and saw an infomercial about precautionary steps for Corona Virus. They repeated this in the interval too.

Unfortunately not too many people were in the theatre to witness the instructions. However, that can't be solely be attributed to the Corona Virus. 

If they have replaced those god awful Rahul Dravid anti-smoking ads then that would be the only redeeming quality of this pandemic 

I just got the email at work that we are having our annual pi day celebration tomorrow and asked  us to bring in small containers so we can refrigerate easily as  they  only have  two  refrigerators on this floor.

God Bless America.  Kuch bhi ho jaye, annual  donut day, annual pi day, annual bagel day has  to  go on 

26 minutes ago, Vilander said:

he is in straylia btw.

When i read it i thought of zombieland bill murray wtf, stop making these apocalypse movies dumb *s..

you should take care as you are weak both mentally and physically

All  of them son of guns  who thought of flying because they saw $80 one way ticket to Barcelona are now paying $500 or more to change flight and return back home early. Almost funny shyt this. And they will be welcomed to ever airport with massive lines, amidst travel ban. 

18 hours ago, Cricketics said:

Won’t be surprised if they suspend that too, NBA kind of fked them over after calling it off moments later so it put pressure back on them.

19 hours ago, FischerTal said:

March madness going on with no fans in the stands lol

Just as we thought, there was a disruption in NCAa today. They cancelled the March Madness. Bad decision, though,  they should have postponed it instead of cancelling it.