How is your city/state reacting to this Pandemic Corona

Cricketics

I'm seeing people in Chennai are also starting to panic a bit. The news is all corona. There are plenty of efforts done by the govt, restaurants, supermarkets and individual housing association. But still people are watching news about deaths in Italy. Lots of houses and apartments have given leave to maids assuring no cut in salary. Lots of people with facemasks around. Travel has been curtailed not many people outside. Not really a ghost town but there are fewer people out. Everybody is buying bread and other essentials and there are rumors of supermarkets closing. Some people still don't get it. They still spit in pavements, cough without covering their mouths. They are either idiots or trying to take the micky out of those under panic which is also idiotic.

28 minutes ago, Gollum said:

But have 9 people died in TN because of this stupid virus? 

#FakeNewsStalin is trending.

Just saw this link

https://www.huffingtonpost.in/entry/coronavirus-tamil-nadu-chennai_in_5e7836a5c5b6f5b7c546e400

It seems 9 people are affected and no deaths reported and one of those 9 has been discharged. So thats why that tag might me trending :lol:

Edit: According to some news channels, 9 people have died and many affected. Don't know who to trust.

Edited by Real McCoy

34 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

Lol your government is still allowing flights from China and Italy. Your trains are packed. And you’re offended because trump called it a chinese virus.

@velu can’t make this **** up :cantstop:

Continue proving you have no valid points to stand on. Rely on the moronic chamcas to laugh, 'like' and validate each other.

Keep deflecting so you don't have to address the failures of dear leader.

Pretty sure my government is one you love more than I do. 

Edited by Sachinism

3 minutes ago, Sachinism said:

Continue proving you have no valid points to stand on. Rely on the moronic chamcas to laugh, 'like' and validate each other.

Keep deflecting so you don't have to address the failures of dear leader.

Pretty sure my government is one you love more than I do. 

Yeah and you go have some burnol.

1 minute ago, Autonomous said:

Guys, suppose there is a metro train or bus service and unfortunately it is infected. 

If no one uses it for a week, will it be automatically disinfected since the virus can stay for a certain time only, on the surface?

Yes. I think the virus dies 4-5 days. Its dependent on the surface.

Not a 100% sure though.

On 3/22/2020 at 9:51 AM, Laaloo said:

There are recent reports in China about 8.6 million mobile connections being lost. Hmmm

conspiracy theories.  With lockdowns, businesses and economy taking a major hit, and a lot of secondary simcards, prepaid etc will not be renewed.  Its not like they murdered 8 million people. 

I hate the CCP, and they are capable of evil, but this is a bridge too far.

5 minutes ago, sandeep said:

conspiracy theories.  With lockdowns, businesses and economy taking a major hit, and a lot of secondary simcards, prepaid etc will not be renewed.  Its not like they murdered 8 million people. 

I hate the CCP, and they are capable of evil, but this is a bridge too far.

@sandeep What do you think is the actual number of people infected in chna?

41 minutes ago, Autonomous said:

@sandeep What do you think is the actual number of people infected in chna?

There is simply no way for outsiders to know.  CCP is definitely hiding data - that's what they do.  Always.  

Note that the entire planet's stock markets are crashing due to the economic losses from lockdowns, but the Chinese stock market, is flat, or slightly up.  Why?  Not because China isn't affected.  But because that stock market is rigged by the Chinese Govt.  And they decided early in the game to prevent their stock market from crashing to preserve the appearance of "China is doing fine".  Just like they pressured UN and World Health Org to push outright false claims of denying human to human transmission of this virus, well into late January.  

The Chinese cannot be trusted.  Not because they are chinese, but because they operate under a political and governance philosophy where control, propaganda, and "stability" always takes precedence over facts and the lives of average folks.  

2 hours ago, Autonomous said:

Guys, suppose there is a metro train or bus service and unfortunately it is infected. 

If no one uses it for a week, will it be automatically disinfected since the virus can stay for a certain time only, on the surface?

In theory, yes.  Virus cannot survive more than a couple of days outside human body. BUT, how do you guarantee that nobody carrying the virus re-infected it more recently?