How is your city/state reacting to this Pandemic Corona

Cricketics

1 hour ago, Param Mastishk Pheeka said:

Same thing will happen when the country slowly (or phaashtly) moves to sarkaari control of healthcare.  More loopholes, more babugiri, more corruption, less efficiency. 

While I do not like grampa Bernie, are you really claiming that the current non-sarkaari healthcare system in the US is not already plagued with corruption, inefficiency and bloat?  Its the most expensive healthcare in the world, and it still sucks.  

Universal coverage for all Americans is inevitable in the aftermath of this pandemic.  Insurance and Healthcare companies have long feasted, and left the country with inadequate systems.  There's going to be a reckoning.

6 minutes ago, Gollum said:

My mom and grandma (85+) are making cloth face masks and every evening my dad goes and distributes them in the market and bastis. Never knew that, they casually told me this today morning, some 80-90 masks/day. Very proud of them oldies. 

:hatsoff: to all of of them

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

My mom and grandma (85+) are making cloth face masks and every evening my dad goes and distributes them in the market and bastis. Never knew that, they casually told me this today morning, some 80-90 masks/day. Very proud of them oldies. 

:hatsoff:Please advise them to be extra careful with masks and gloves , when they are outside. Old people are high risk.

4 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Prabhas - 4 crores

Pawan Kalyan - 1 crores

Sachin - 50 lakha ........
Azim Premji - infinity lakh crores

Dhoni 1 lakh 

Bhai Premji is a *ing legend, gem of a person, but that donation story of his is from last year. 

5 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Dhoni 1 lakh 

That we know of.  Let's not rush to judgement - A guy who voluntarily commits big chunks of his time to the army - when he doesn't need to, is an obvious patriot.  Let's hold off assuming things.  

Defo not thrilled with Tendy's donation amount though.  Lets hope its the first of more to come.

4 minutes ago, sandeep said:

That we know of.  Let's not rush to judgement - A guy who voluntarily commits big chunks of his time to the army - when he doesn't need to, is an obvious patriot.  Let's hold off assuming things.  

Defo not thrilled with Tendy's donation amount though.  Lets hope its the first of more to come.

A few may prefer to do it silently, we can't know for sure. But in general India's super rich aren't that charitable if studies are to be believed. Those that we know, we must doff our hats to them. Even I am disappointed with the response of many legends I look up to. 

Edited by Gollum

3 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Hence my sarcasm on the news reports, but he is one leading philanthropy in India more than gujju bros.

Premji's family has origins in Gujarat as well (Kutchi Ismaili Shia), but born and brought up in Bombay, like @Mariyam though she is half-blood.