How is your city/state reacting to this Pandemic Corona

Cricketics

Just now, Mariyam said:

None.

Are these migrants to Mewar or do they originate from there?

No idea but they have been living there for centuries I believe. Even have a pilgrimage centre of theirs in Banswara I believe. 

Check this video out 

Rubika Liaquat, the darling of Hindu right is from the same community I think. Need to confirm that. 

15 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

@Stradlater Thanks. New thing I learnt. My mom would probably be aware about this community.

Are they Hindi or Gujarati speaking?

Since they inhabit regions that border Gujarat it's highly likely that they would speak a dialect mixture of Rajasthani and Gujarati just like other people from the area. 

I forgot the name of their pilgrimage centre. Remember reading about it in a book. Will get back to you. 

45 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Ok then, sorry. 

You don't have to be sorry.It is all very confusing.

All Khojas are not Kutchis. Some are non Kutchi Khojas. Some Kutchi Khojas are Memons.

And there are Sunni Memons too.

Need that overlapping circle stuff to explain this!

Just now, Mariyam said:

You don't have to be sorry.It is all very confusing.

All Khojas are not Kutchis. Some are non Kutchi Khojas. Some Kutchi Khojas are Memons.

And there are Sunni Memons too.

Need that overlapping circle stuff to explain this!

It will be helpful if you can open a thread and write an essay to explain this stuff, so damn confusing. 

2 hours ago, sandeep said:

That we know of.  Let's not rush to judgement - A guy who voluntarily commits big chunks of his time to the army - when he doesn't need to, is an obvious patriot.  Let's hold off assuming things.  

Defo not thrilled with Tendy's donation amount though.  Lets hope its the first of more to come.

Amitabh and Khans are disappointing. I know Salman makes like 7 crores per week for that Big boss crap.

The next 2-3 weeks will be crucial for India. I really hope what happened in USA, Italy will not get repeated because that will be devastating for a developing country like India and it may well take India back at least a couple of decades, if not worse. That's why its so important for people to do the best they can to not get infected by self isolating themselves and also possibly prevent others getting infected. Meanwhile, government should focus on building temporary hospitals and build ventilators and other equipment needed for those who will become critically ill.

Life during corona while living in a midwestern suburb isn't so bad. Social distancing is kinda our thing here, with sparse population and huge open areas and state parks to roam around. Plus, my wife dealing with COVID patients at work, it is safer for me and the kid to be outside the home than inside :nervous::nervous: 

Edited by punjabi_khota

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1171186

we will be militarily quarantined movie style.

' for N.Y., N.J. and parts of

Trump Said He May Quarantine New York, New Jersey And Connecticut. Governors Have No Idea What He's Talking About.

Trump, who days earlier talked about reopening the country amid the coronavirus pandemic, did not elaborat

"I don’t know how that could be legally enforceable,” New York Gov. Cuomo said, adding, “I don’t even like the sound of it.”
Edited by coffee_rules

13 hours ago, Gollum said:

My mom and grandma (85+) are making cloth face masks and every evening my dad goes and distributes them in the market and bastis. Never knew that, they casually told me this today morning, some 80-90 masks/day. Very proud of them oldies. 

Very nice.

1 hour ago, coffee_rules said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1171186

we will be militarily quarantined movie style.

' for N.Y., N.J. and parts of

Trump Said He May Quarantine New York, New Jersey And Connecticut. Governors Have No Idea What He's Talking About.

Trump, who days earlier talked about reopening the country amid the coronavirus pandemic, did not elaborat

"I don’t know how that could be legally enforceable,” New York Gov. Cuomo said, adding, “I don’t even like the sound of it.”

You're in the tri-state area?  

5 hours ago, punjabi_khota said:

Plus, my wife dealing with COVID patients at work, it is safer for me and the kid to be outside the home than inside 

Medical workers are the frontline - :hatsoff:to her and you guys.  Stay healthy and safe.  

14 hours ago, Gollum said:

My mom and grandma (85+) are making cloth face masks and every evening my dad goes and distributes them in the market and bastis. Never knew that, they casually told me this today morning, some 80-90 masks/day. Very proud of them oldies. 

:wp122::wp122:

19 hours ago, Gollum said:

Azim premji, Ambani should step up. 

10 hours ago, punjabi_khota said:

Life during corona while living in a midwestern suburb isn't so bad. Social distancing is kinda our thing here, with sparse population and huge open areas and state parks to roam around. Plus, my wife dealing with COVID patients at work, it is safer for me and the kid to be outside the home than inside :nervous::nervous: 

Midwest ? Ohio , Michigan, kenntucky ?

Edited by gattaca