Coronavirus in Pakistan

Stradlater

2 hours ago, Autonomous said:

In punjab, they are not even bothering. Punjab health minister yesterday said at press that "80% log bus panadol kha kar theek hojatay hain"

These guys are toying with such huge population. 

It could be a well intentioned attempt at preventing panic - a major issue with low-educated population.  So in a sense I get it.  Saying that by itself is not a crime. IF it is accompanied by crisis-preparation, and loud clear firm communication to shut down and practice social distancing.

Even Indian govt is not being overly transparent with data, and is staying on the "let's stay calm" message.  But they have been relatively much more pro-active in shutting things down.  

40 minutes ago, sandeep said:

It could be a well intentioned attempt at preventing panic - a major issue with low-educated population.  So in a sense I get it.  Saying that by itself is not a crime. IF it is accompanied by crisis-preparation, and loud clear firm communication to shut down and practice social distancing.

Even Indian govt is not being overly transparent with data, and is staying on the "let's stay calm" message.  But they have been relatively much more pro-active in shutting things down.  

The govt is not taking it seriously. The govt officials are organizing large gatherings (parvez khattak in nowsherah).

They dont give a **** 

1 minute ago, Autonomous said:

The govt is not taking it seriously. The govt officials are organizing large gatherings (parvez khattak in nowsherah).

They dont give a **** 

Its time for you to switch allegieance to PPP - they seem to be doing better in Sindh.  ;)

"Yeh Korona Kaat-ta kaise" :laugh:

Edited by sandeep

27 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Its time for you to switch allegieance to PPP - they seem to be doing better in Sindh.  ;)

"Yeh Korona Kaat-ta kaise" :laugh:

I support PML-N, their dengue handling was also pretty good. 

As per reports, there are confirmed 700 positive cases in lahore only. 

1 hour ago, sandeep said:

Reasonably good.  The numbers are quite definitive.  Overwhelming majority of deaths are those of old people, especially ones with weak lungs and immune systems due to "co-morbidities" i.e. other serious illnesses.  

Randomly some young people ARE getting very sick, some dying, but they are not common.  95% of young people - below 35 - are either not getting sick, getting mildly sick and recovering, or getting serious pneumonia and recovering. 

So the odds are definitely much better for young people not to get too sick.

But you need to understand - young people can and are getting infected just as easily as the vulnerable - and they are the ones who are spreading it everywhere since they are moving around.  Also, the problem with this is that so many old and vulnerable ppl will get sick that hospitals will get flooded and overloaded.  And so the healthcare system will collapse, and 'normal' sicknesses will get difficult to treat.  Domino effect from there, and all kinds of chaos.

I think old members should be looked after however they seem to bother even less as compared to young people..

2 minutes ago, LordPrabhzy said:

Can the Pak posters please update this thread with the latest confirmed cases and deaths from reliable trusted sources if possible.

Would be good to know how the situation is worsening in a neighbour country which can have ramifications on us.

Asad Hashim is good follow on twitter.  

If the numbers are reported transparently, I expect (and not wish) Pak to be the worst hit of all nations alongside Iran. They are way too casual (chalta hai/Allah malik hai types) at individual level, leadership is crap since it isn't driven by knowledge or logic and China/Iran proximity is bound to hurt. 

China is their best chance on learning about best practices as well as equipment on monitoring, testing, prevention & medication. 

30 minutes ago, LordPrabhzy said:

Can the Pak posters please update this thread with the latest confirmed cases and deaths from reliable trusted sources if possible.

Would be good to know how the situation is worsening in a neighbour country which can have ramifications on us.

Barely any travel from Pakistan to India. 

However, I think the cases are highly under reported. There were three cases in Rawalpindi 4 weeks back and nothing was reported. As per reports, only lahore has 700 comfirmed cases. 

4 minutes ago, Autonomous said:

Government had to do one *ing thing. That was to control people entering the country. 

They couldn't even do that. Bloody bitches

I can't believe they allowed the Friday prayers to go as before. This is gross incompetence no matter how you look at it. 

46 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

The Indian state is also afraid of hurting religious sentiments of its citizens, it has not cancelled Friday Jumma prayers or the ShaheenBagh protests. 

Needed an "angry" emoji to react to this.  Shame on the govt for pussing out.  And the "leaders" of the muslims.  Where are Owaisi and co.?  Idiots.

1 minute ago, sandeep said:

Needed an "angry" emoji to react to this.  Shame on the govt for pussing out.  And the "leaders" of the muslims.  Where are Owaisi and co.?  Idiots.

Because owaisi is a smart guy and a seasoned politician , if he comes out and says not to offer prayers in a group, people are going to ask him back who made him the representative of Muslims? He won’t risk that.