EnterTheVoid

Any Adrenalin Lovers here?

48 minutes ago, velu said:

i can live with the fear than doing bungee jumping or sky diving :(( 

I am afraid of heights but I developed it somewhere in the 12-15 range while being a kid who grew up ‘climbing over every brick wall in my area running around like crazy’.

So I mostly push through it and find ways to compose myself when the serious bout of vertigo hits while hiking for eg in hilly areas.

i found skydiving was a bit scary but once off the plane, it felt exhilarating and composed coz the ground was just an abstract colour and pixel maze and I got used to falling before making up shapes below me as easily. 

With bungee it’s too real and too close all the time and it’s like one side of me is going ‘stfu u can feel this elephant sized rope around you’ while the brain is going ‘ omg omg omg falling dying falling dying’

13 hours ago, EnterTheVoid said:

Standing on the ledge is the hardest part.

The longer you stay, the harder it gets. The key to these type of activities is to not hesitate. 

A clean jump is the key. In a hesitant jump, you flop around all over the place. 

Notice how I jumped off. And how I didn't step off the ledge. 

Sri, I didn't even get to the ledge!

All in all, it was a very embarrassing affair. Bungee jumping was one of the reasons we made the trip in the first place.

The jump instructor was an Australian/Kiwi who had a very wicked smile. Definitely didn't inspire any confidence.

Not my proudest day.

@Muloghonto @sandeep

I was talking about bungee jumping! Sky diving (in tandem) was on my to-do list once, but I've wizened considerably after that. The thrills associated with such foolhardy endeavours I gladly forego.

I doubt I'd ever want to learn how to fly a plane, but  mulo's and sri's discussion makes for an interesting read.

@Mariyam, becoming a pilot, I found it to be the most challenging of it all. 

There's a million things all happening at the same time. Theres a lot of information to process and not a whole lot of time to react.

Flying is really one long exercise in risk management. The big takeaway in flying, never, ever get complacent. Complacency kills. 

Pilots, for the risk they take, are under-appreciated.

We don't do it for money. Or self gratification. We do it simply for the love of aviation.

In my view, there is no more honourable act than being a pilot that does high altitude rescues. Or a pilot that flies planes to provide medical services to remote and impoverished communities. Or pilots that help in firefighting efforts. To our fellow aviators, hand on heart, I salute you.

On the other extreme, you have retards (like the one in this thread) who let someone else do all the hard yakka and are under the delusion they're "flying" simply because they can move a joystick under supervision. Utter leeches of the lowest kind.

Edited by EnterTheVoid

7 hours ago, Mariyam said:

@Muloghonto @sandeep

I was talking about bungee jumping! Sky diving (in tandem) was on my to-do list once, but I've wizened considerably after that. The thrills associated with such foolhardy endeavours I gladly forego.

I doubt I'd ever want to learn how to fly a plane, but  mulo's and sri's discussion makes for an interesting read.

I hope that was a typo there Mariyam, you are a few decades from wizening up!  

But hilarious typos aside, sky-diving can be a lot of fun - I actually have a fear of heights - Ferris wheels make me nervous like you wouldn't believe.  But its good to challenge your fears. Up to a point.  Bungee Jumping is off limits for me, I think.  Maybe someday.

22 minutes ago, sandeep said:

I hope that was a typo there Mariyam, you are a few decades from wizening up!  

But hilarious typos aside, sky-diving can be a lot of fun - I actually have a fear of heights - Ferris wheels make me nervous like you wouldn't believe.  But its good to challenge your fears. Up to a point.  Bungee Jumping is off limits for me, I think.  Maybe someday.

Bungee jumping requires a lot more gumption than what the touristy pics of my friends on their fb wall indicated. I thought if they could do it, so could I.

It is essentially a leap of faith. 

We had clubbed Shri Hemkund sahib, Rudraprayag, Kedarnath, Valley of flowers, Jim Corbett national park, a yoga retreat at Rishikesh and the bungee jumping stint in our trip. The comi-tragic part is that I insisted on the bungee jumping. :embarassed:

Edited by Mariyam

13 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Bungee jumping requires a lot more gumption than what the touristy pics of my friends on their fb wall indicated. I thought if they could do it, so could I.

It is essentially a leap of faith. 

The dudes you see operating the Bungy sites, they typically have dreadlocks/tattoos and wear singlets. They don't exactly inspire confidence, not going by their looks at least.

My advice if you decide to pursue these type of activities (bungy/base/skydiving etc):

- Don't hesitate (clean exit is paramount)

- Look at the horizon

- Jump 

- Maintain a rigid position throughout.

I have tremendous respect for my fellow aviators.

And zero respect for aviation frauds like this @Muloghonto chumpster. His "flying skill set", if you can even call it that, is limited to moving the joystick under supervision. Whoop de doo, anybody can that.

Sounds like a lousy pilot. Or whatever else he calls himself these days.

Edited by EnterTheVoid