Manny_Pacquiao

Hordes of Muslims defying lockdown. How long will the government tolerate this?

Many reports of muslims walking around in large crowds, refusing to follow self-quarantine measures. Police haven't acted so far. At this point, one has to wonder...not only is this is a security risk, but a health risk as well.

Shouldn't the police be equipped with riot gear and state of the art weaponry to handle these communities? They are currently under-manned and under-equipped.

1 minute ago, someone said:

These are Separatists. And even then, the government priority now should be health, not tackling them.

Us common people , celebs should call them out, question and criticise them heavily...  

laaton ke bhoot baaton se nahi maante.

Get the army in to disperse the feckers and keep them inside. If they resist gun them down. Silver lining as there will be less undeserving people the health system have to potentially care for.

2 minutes ago, someone said:

These are Separatists. And even then, the government priority now should be health, not tackling them.

Us common people , celebs should call them out, question and criticise them heavily...  

They are backed by opposition parties. I get it, the scene of misbehaving muslims benefits the BJP. It's a win-win situation, politically speaking.

But you have to draw the line somewhere.

Edited by Manny_Pacquiao

Because they are idiots. I know plenty of muslims who follow distancing while still hating on Modi. even mass religious worship should be banned. but modi is going pc it seems. I have seen the neighborhood mosque with little to no activity but only old uncle types go there. Muslims in tn are well aware of the virus and pray from home. only rebellious urdu speaking muslims are defying this.

Yet another Muslim bashing thread based on 'many reports'. Par for the course at ICF. 

Obviously any 'rebellious urdu speaking' Muslim breaking the curfew must be a 'separatist' and should be 'shot down'. 

Meanwhile in Dehradun

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/dehradun/uttarakhand-despite-lockdown-dehradun-sees-traffic-jams/articleshow/74773222.cms

Separatists who need to be shot?

In Delhi too, some more separatists.

https://news.abplive.com/news/india/coronavirus-delhi-lockdown-but-people-in-outer-delhi-just-dont-care-1180685

Separatism, Jharkhand style

https://www.jagran.com/jharkhand/ranchi-people-not-following-lockdown-rules-in-jharkhand-coronavirus-update-news-ranchi-20134170.html

But yes, lets just single out Muslims.

4 hours ago, someone said:

These are Separatists.

You'd make a very good Pakistani.  The PakMil mafia loves mindless folks who can be brainwashed into fake patriotism and led around by the nose hating a designated community.

Edited by sandeep

3 hours ago, Clarke said:

This falls under the Indians are #@&*% thread: different causes, same behavior and same result.

Yep - this is no different than the morons doing lezim and garba dance waving flags around, as if its a goddam block party.  

But you've got the usual bigots using the stupidity of the mob, to dish out their own prejudices about "hordes of muslims".

These geniuses should be made to read racist comments made by non-Indians about the idiots who were doing garba and crowding around after making a god-awful racket using steel plates and what not.  When they will be at the receiving end of blanket stereotypes made about their ethnicity and faith, simply because some idiots of their kind are being stupid, only then will they realize how unfair and wrong it is. 

This is an unprecedented situation. People do not know what to expect.

I think in a couple of days, once the seriousness of the situation sinks in, people would stop frivolous and/or irresponsible behaviour.

32 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

I think in a couple of days, once the seriousness of the situation sinks in, people would stop frivolous and/or irresponsible behaviour.

The problem of failing to recognize the importance of social distancing is not an Indian one, or a "muslim" one.  Its a human problem.  Every country has the same issue.  That's why governments have had to follow "recommendations" of stay at home, with legal orders of curfew, almost everywhere. 

Human mind is not good at reacting appropriately to slow moving threats.  We can laugh at the frog in the slowly boiling pot of water, but we are the frog.

Will be too late by then

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Yet another Muslim bashing thread based on 'many reports'. Par for the course at ICF. 

Mariyam, feel free to make your own thread highlighting the behaviour of non-muslims. i have never said that i have an issue with muslims taking up political causes, they absolutely should. they face grave injustice and discrimination in our country.

This doesn't change the fact that muslims in our country, and specifically in the big cities, and developing a nasty anti-establishment streak after the revocation of 370, ram mandir and CAA...which they think of as 'defeats'.

if highlighting this makes me a bigot, then i feel very sorry for the state of our country. you're a smart woman, you should put the national interest first before taking sides.

maintaining the country's security and health is unquestionably in the national interest.

Hordes of all religious idiots are defying lock-down all over the world, not just Muslims alone. Every single religious leaders who are organizing these kind of stupidity needs to be thrown in jail with coronavirus infected inmates. Pray to your God and get better ... :finger:  

37 minutes ago, Zero_Unit said:

Hordes of all religious idiots are defying lock-down all over the world, not just Muslims alone. Every single religious leaders who are organizing these kind of stupidity needs to be thrown in jail with coronavirus infected inmates. Pray to your God and get better ... :finger:  

woh to main bhi maanta hoon...but problem is that "all religious idiots" don't vote as a bloc in india. only one group does: muslims.

1 hour ago, Manny_Pacquiao said:

Mariyam, feel free to make your own thread highlighting the behaviour of non-muslims. i have never said that i have an issue with muslims taking up political causes, they absolutely should. they face grave injustice and discrimination in our country.

This doesn't change the fact that muslims in our country, and specifically in the big cities, and developing a nasty anti-establishment streak after the revocation of 370, ram mandir and CAA...which they think of as 'defeats'.

if highlighting this makes me a bigot, then i feel very sorry for the state of our country. you're a smart woman, you should put the national interest first before taking sides.

maintaining the country's security and health is unquestionably in the national interest.

Manny, I did not call you a bigot! I'm sorry if it came across as that.

Let me paraphrase. You've highlighted the problem of Muslim mobs roaming around as if they have some kind of religious sanction to roam around in these testing times. They absolutely don't. I don't think if Muslims are breaking the curfew in various cities, it is the part of a greater political ploy either.

Neither do I believe that the propensity to break a curfew is markedly higher among Muslims. People are being stupid all around. They haven't yet understood the seriousness of the issue.

Regarding Friday prayers, I know of maulvis asking people to PFH.

25 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Manny, I did not call you a bigot! I'm sorry if it came across as that.

Let me paraphrase. You've highlighted the problem of Muslim mobs roaming around as if they have some kind of religious sanction to roam around in these testing times. They absolutely don't. I don't think if Muslims are breaking the curfew in various cities, it is the part of a greater political ploy either.

Neither do I believe that the propensity to break a curfew is markedly higher among Muslims. People are being stupid all around. They haven't yet understood the seriousness of the issue.

Regarding Friday prayers, I know of maulvis asking people to PFH.

assuming the shaheen bagh nonsense is entirely political and not religious, why haven't they vacated the site?

1 minute ago, Manny_Pacquiao said:

assuming the shaheen bagh nonsense is entirely political and not religious, why haven't they vacated the site?

I wasn't talking about Shaheen Bagh. But the other dumbos who choose to walk around in groups during the curfew.

I don't know why Delhi police hasn't shut down Shaheen Bagh in such times. Beats me. Long due.

3 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

I don't know why Delhi police hasn't shut down Shaheen Bagh in such times. Beats me. Long due.

Have you considered that maybe this is what encourages the other hordes to walk around? no fear of law enforcement?

government is relying on people to self-isolate. they're playing 'nice'.

Edited by Manny_Pacquiao

Just now, Manny_Pacquiao said:

Have you considered that maybe this is what encourages the other hordes to walk around? no fear of law enforcement?

Could be. But this 'encouragement' is not specific to a particular type of people.

12 hours ago, Mariyam said:

But yes, lets just single out Muslims.

I completely agree with you @Mariyam

This once great forum of 2009/2010/2011 we used to visit, it has now turned into a cesspit for racists and their racial mud slinging.

A quick glance at the "Chit Chat" section and see you a familiar trend: The same two or three rabid "posters" stick a massive megaphone up their sphincter (technical term for a.r.s.e.hole), turn the volume to full blast and fart whatever comes out.

Unfathomable and incomprehensible levels of stupidity being displayed proudly. You really wonder what the future holds for humans as a species with such "educated and well off" people in the midst. 

Edited by EnterTheVoid

The usual suspects here are back, throwing tantrums. Questioning one or some Muslims is now seen as an attack on the religion. Its such a taboo in online or real world.

It doesn’t happen with other communities. When one abuses Hindu activists, gurus, its never seen as an attack against the religion or all its people. 

In this period, anybody, hell-bent on showing their religious colors deserves criticism. They are not co-operating and dont care about the country. This is not a time for religious gatherings.

9 minutes ago, someone said:

The usual suspects here are back, throwing tantrums. Questioning one or some Muslims is now seen as an attack on the religion. Its such a taboo in online or real world.

It doesn’t happen with other communities. When one abuses Hindu activists, gurus, its never seen as an attack against the religion or all its people. 

In this period, anybody, hell-bent on showing their religious colors deserves criticism. They are not co-operating and dont care about the country. This is not a time for religious gatherings.

Arn't you the same guy who went to write an essay defending the PM and the hindus on the other thread when I mentioned how the some of the hindus are gathering up aswell ? However completely ingnored the shitting part of muslims/other groups who and their idioticy of gathering in numbers on the same post? Learn to keep your own advise LMFAO ... :facepalm:

4 minutes ago, Zero_Unit said:

Arn't you the same guy who went to write an essay defending the PM and the hindus on the other thread when I mentioned how the some of the hindus are gathering up aswell ? However completely ingnored the shitting part of muslims/other groups who and their idioticy of gathering in numbers on the same post? Learn to keep your own advise LMFAO ... :facepalm:

Can you criticise Muslims for their actions? Or just because they are Muslims, they cannot be criticised?

And you probably are talking about other users, let them speak for their posts, not me...

2 minutes ago, someone said:

Can you criticise Muslims for their actions? Or just because they are Muslims, they cannot be criticised?

And you probably are talking about other users, let them speak for their posts, not me...

LOL what kind of nonsense does that even mean? It's not a hidden fact here in ICF -> I hate all religion equally, doesn't matter muslim, hindu, christian, etc, i'll ****/criticise on them equally. If i see a religious idiot, I will call it out ... and no, I'm not talking about other users. It was definitely you who felt the need to defend hindu people gathering up and drinking cow urine. This was your response: "And it seems easy to make fun of the Hindus and cows. Yet, there are plenty of nonsense from other communities which dont get ridiculed..."

But on the same post I mocked the muslims and other moronic parties, but you decided to play the victim card and only stand up for the hindu people. So do you see the irony of it when you say things like this: "When one abuses Hindu activists, gurus, its never seen as an attack against the religion or all its people. "  :--D

1 hour ago, coffee_rules said:

All over the country now, anti-fracking-CAA

@velu yenna sollIrkadu ye ponnu?

she says that they are not afraid of corona .. wont even move an inch because of it ..

reporter is also dumb .. not wearing any mask :wall: 

2 hours ago, Zero_Unit said:

LOL what kind of nonsense does that even mean? It's not a hidden fact here in ICF -> I hate all religion equally, doesn't matter muslim, hindu, christian, etc, i'll ****/criticise on them equally. If i see a religious idiot, I will call it out ... and no, I'm not talking about other users. It was definitely you who felt the need to defend hindu people gathering up and drinking cow urine. This was your response: "And it seems easy to make fun of the Hindus and cows. Yet, there are plenty of nonsense from other communities which dont get ridiculed..."

But on the same post I mocked the muslims and other moronic parties, but you decided to play the victim card and only stand up for the hindu people. So do you see the irony of it when you say things like this: "When one abuses Hindu activists, gurus, its never seen as an attack against the religion or all its people. "  :--D

So you are already backtracking? You questioned me of something and now want to divert the topic. There is enough jokes, criticism, abuses about Hindus history and people by Hindus themselves. 

And this “I hate all“, but throwing hissy fit when one questions some Muslims speaks of hypocrisy. Where is the tolerance and actual substance to your argument?

14 hours ago, EnterTheVoid said:

I completely agree with you @Mariyam

This once great forum of 2009/2010/2011 we used to visit, it has now turned into a cesspit for racists and their racial mud slinging.

A quick glance at the "Chit Chat" section and see you a familiar trend: The same two or three rabid "posters" stick a massive megaphone up their sphincter (technical term for a.r.s.e.hole), turn the volume to full blast and fart whatever comes out.

Unfathomable and incomprehensible levels of stupidity being displayed proudly. You really wonder what the future holds for humans as a species with such "educated and well off" people in the midst. 

Key is that its only a handful of rabid posters - and if you counter them and challenge the trash, their 'output' will automatically reduce.  If you allow their feces to be flung freely, it will encourage more of it, and stinkier versions.  That's the nature of targeted outraging and 'aggressive truth-telling'.  It can amplify and intensify in an echo-chamber.  

"Normal" folks have to speak up if they want to preserve the forum.  Else it will become a vicious cycle and all that will be left is these guys and birds of the same feather they attract.

Some of these Muslims are problem who were rallying but also some of them Hindus too and some of them Sikhs and some of the Gujaratis and some of pade likhe gawaars of India who were all out on the street celebrating DIWALI, EID, CHRISTMAS, INDIA'S WORLD CUP VICTORY all together on Sunday at 5pm. All of them jerks are problem. 

5 hours ago, someone said:

So you are already backtracking? You questioned me of something and now want to divert the topic. There is enough jokes, criticism, abuses about Hindus history and people by Hindus themselves. 

And this “I hate all“, but throwing hissy fit when one questions some Muslims speaks of hypocrisy. Where is the tolerance and actual substance to your argument?

I am the one back tracking or are you? Smh ... I am sticking to my Point from argument one where as your argument is all over the place with no clear answer

14 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Key is that its only a handful of rabid posters - and if you counter them and challenge the trash, their 'output' will automatically reduce.  If you allow their feces to be flung freely, it will encourage more of it, and stinkier versions.  That's the nature of targeted outraging and 'aggressive truth-telling'.  It can amplify and intensify in an echo-chamber.  

"Normal" folks have to speak up if they want to preserve the forum.  Else it will become a vicious cycle and all that will be left is these guys and birds of the same feather they attract.

Har jagah, har thread, har post pe sabko monkey balancing karna zaroori hain kya? Nobody is forcing people not to open a secular thread and discuss stupidity of all Indians (wait a sec, there is one already). This thread was intended to discuss how Muslims are using their religious card to defy curfew and virus spread threat. Why is it being targeted and abused as bigotry? These are factual and not anecdotal.

7 hours ago, velu said:

she says that they are not afraid of corona .. wont even move an inch because of it ..

reporter is also dumb .. not wearing any mask :wall: 

These are the type of people who needs a good ass beating and sent to jail, with coronavirus inmates! Should not be allowed to go near a doctor when infected. Bunch of ignorant jacka$$

This thread was intended to discuss how Muslims are using their religious card to defy curfew and virus spread threat. Why is it being targeted and abused as bigotry? These are factual and not anecdotal.

Because there is nothing "muslim" about the ignorance in refusing to lockdown.  That ignorance is seen across all ethniciites and faiths in INdia, and even the entire world.  Coffee bhai, I know you are not a prejudiced person, because I have interacted with you a lot over time, but the fact this thread tried to take an ongoing tragedy, and single out muslims, is deeply problematic.  How will you feel if some racist white folks make the idiots drinking cow urine, go viral in your home town where you live, and social media local to you starts talking about "these Indians" doing disgusting things?  After all, they will find plenty of disgusting content to find more examples, will they not? 

Stereotyping and targeting of any 'tribe' is a slippery slope - and one should be careful with that.  That's not "monkey balancing".  Its just fact. 

Even hardcore right-wing guys on this forum have come out on this thread and acknowledged that this issue is not limited to 'muslims' alone. And I respect them a lot for having the intellectual honesty to say that.  

Lets be better than this.  I don't want to lecture or preach - who the F am I to teach anybody anything - I am a very flawed human being, who makes a ton of mistakes right and left, I don't claim any superiority over you or anybody else here.  Just making a sincere plea not to succumb to temptations of lashing out, and unconsciously going too far with that.

28 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Because there is nothing "muslim" about the ignorance in refusing to lockdown.  That ignorance is seen across all ethniciites and faiths in INdia, and even the entire world.  Coffee bhai, I know you are not a prejudiced person, because I have interacted with you a lot over time, but the fact this thread tried to take an ongoing tragedy, and single out muslims, is deeply problematic.  How will you feel if some racist white folks make the idiots drinking cow urine, go viral in your home town where you live, and social media local to you starts talking about "these Indians" doing disgusting things?  After all, they will find plenty of disgusting content to find more examples, will they not? 

Stereotyping and targeting of any 'tribe' is a slippery slope - and one should be careful with that.  That's not "monkey balancing".  Its just fact. 

Even hardcore right-wing guys on this forum have come out on this thread and acknowledged that this issue is not limited to 'muslims' alone. And I respect them a lot for having the intellectual honesty to say that.  

Why is it a binary? If we single out Islamists hypocrisy, doesn’t mean you are stereotyping and asking them to be lynched. We have lead a couple of generations fearing to speak out the truth. Until Sarfarosh came, Pakistan was referred to as “Dushman mulk” in movies fearing that naming Pakistan would hurt the 15% of population. We treat the issue with kid gloves and that’s what secularism has done, it is that veto power that has been given to them for to be able to live peacefully with Muslims.

Reg OP, naming Muslims didn’t mean other religious people are not stupid. You ought to be mature to understand it and stop calling out bigotry. You agreed with a snowflake who thinks India has to open borders to all from Pakistan, is not comfortable calling out Islamic radicalism. I think the world has shifted to right of center to be able to tolerate such talk, it is not the 80s or 90s anymore.

Can we talk about eminent Muslims calling out the religious stupidity themselves?