Hordes of Muslims defying lockdown. How long will the government tolerate this?

Manny_Pacquiao

People violate lockdown to celebrate Ram Navami in West Bengal

Thousands of devotees on Thursday gathered in temples in various parts of West Bengal on occasion of Ram Navami, PTI reported, adding that they defied the lockdown imposed across the country as a measure against the coronavirus pandemic. The report also said that the police are asking  them to return home immediately.

https://www.firstpost.com/health/coronavirus-outbreak-live-updates-covid-19-india-cases-death-count-delhi-nizamuddin-tablighi-jamaat-markaz-maharashtra-kerala-latest-news-today-8216581.html

On 3/23/2020 at 5:02 PM, sandeep said:

Yep - this is no different than the morons doing lezim and garba dance waving flags around, as if its a goddam block party.  

But you've got the usual bigots using the stupidity of the mob, to dish out their own prejudices about "hordes of muslims".

These geniuses should be made to read racist comments made by non-Indians about the idiots who were doing garba and crowding around after making a god-awful racket using steel plates and what not.  When they will be at the receiving end of blanket stereotypes made about their ethnicity and faith, simply because some idiots of their kind are being stupid, only then will they realize how unfair and wrong it is. 

Man I hoped I wouldn't have to post on this thread and desisted from doing so in the initial days, thought that this crisis would bring everyone together. But when the TJ nonsense happened, when health workers are being attacked and mosques indulging in sinister fake news, not acknowledging them won't help. Unfair to blame the entire community but there has to be some introspection, events of the past 2 days indicate this isn't normal human behavior, attacking those who want to help, wtf !!!!

Edited by Gollum

10 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Man I hoped I wouldn't have to post on this thread and desisted from doing so in the initial days, thought that this crisis would bring everyone together. But when the TJ nonsense happened, when health workers are being attacked and mosques indulging in sinister fake news, not acknowledging them won't help. Unfair to blame the entire community but there has to be some introspection, events of the past 2 days indicate this isn't normal human behavior, attacking those who want to help, wtf !!!!

Just now, Gollum said:

What is your point? No one will defend those 30 odd people in that temple. 

Because very few will use this to claim that all Hindus are a threat to society.  "Defense" is inherently a reactive act.  Don't be intentionally obtuse. You know what my point is.

34 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Because very few will use this to claim that all Hindus are a threat to society.  "Defense" is inherently a reactive act.  Don't be intentionally obtuse. You know what my point is.

Well Hindus ain’t the ones spitting on health workers and throwing stones and chasing after them.

34 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Equating what TJ and the resistence shown by aam samudaay to measures taken by government to track positive coronacases, to temple gathering is monkey-balancing. Who is throwing stones at health workers at the temples? Even kattar secularists in the media are calling out on TJ,