Hordes of Muslims defying lockdown. How long will the government tolerate this?

Manny_Pacquiao

23 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Mullah lobby should have its wings clipped after this, hope ordinary Muslims understand the level of damage these opportunist, stupid, greedy beings have done to their qaum. Also a massive intel failure, becoming a habit under Shah. 

Yogi govt arrested a mullah for hiding a illegal foreigner in one of the UP mosque.. Atleast somebody has some b.a.lls

3 hours ago, Gollum said:

This tweet, ladies and gentlemen, is exactly how people fall prey to half baked stories and rumour mongering.

First of all, there is no mention elsewhere of points 4 and 5. That is some creative writing right there.

Before I address this particular issue, I'd like to ask some basic questions. 

Why do we not think critically when we see tweets like this?

Why is it in our inherent nature to assume the worst from the other and those whom we vilify (for reasons right or perceived) so much?

Some facts:

In some other parts of the world where Coronavirus have caused a lot of fatalities and burying of the dead is the primary method of laying the cadaver to rest; the USA, Spain, Italy, Belgium, Iran; the respective governments have *not* called for the cremating of those their Covid dead.

Most of these people believe that the cadaver poses very less risk of contagion. However, all of the nations (including India) agree that the cadaver mustn't be touched by the relatives. https://www.indiatoday.in/india/story/infection-unlikely-to-spread-from-dead-body-only-lungs-of-covid-19-patients-pose-some-risk-govt-1656682-2020-03-18

In other parts of India also, there is no call to cremate all covid bodies? Why only Mumbai?

Why did *only* the BMC come up with this idea?

Are these not legit questions that one must pose?

The answers to this question is really simple. Even aside of covid pandemic, there is a dearth of burial land in Mumbai. Most of the times, people have to wait for hours before the Qabarastan workers dig up a place in the congested graveyards and their deceased get the burial slot. We had to wait for hours to get a burial spot for my grandfather. And he was a man of considerable means and repute within the business community. He also had tremendous outreach in his community. We had 'booked' the spot a week in advance. And yet we had to wait for hours. You can only imagine what happens to the common person.

In Islam the body has to be buried within 24 hours of death. In regular times this is barely possible. In such times, when many of the Qabarastan workers are called for other logistics related duties it becomes difficult. Hence the representatives of the body that handles the Qabarstans across Mumbai approached the BMC, asking for a solution. The BMC is also short staffed in these times. The only solution that it came up with was to decree the cremation of all covid dead.

Some people objected to it, and said that they would double up as qabarastan workers in the interim. That is when the politician stepped in and got the order rescinded from the BMC.

Is this a really case of Muslim veto power?  

It saddens me deeply to see and people falling smart people falling for these wildly accusatory tweets. Remember, these are the same set of qabarastan representatives who refused the 26/11 terrorists any space in their graveyards.  If a friend were to show me such a tweet, in real life, I'd laugh it off. I wouldn't take the trouble to explain anything. It *is* that frivolous. Over here, I consider many of you guys as friends. We've trolled :csk: and their crybaby fans for years now. But tragically, a good chunk of you tend to believe every such half rumour.

Edited by Mariyam

58 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Mullah lobby should have its wings clipped after this, hope ordinary Muslims understand the level of damage these opportunist, stupid, greedy beings have done to their qaum. Also a massive intel failure, becoming a habit under Shah. 

The police should press all types of charges against these guys.

Breaking section 144

Overstaying visas

Disobeying the lockdown

Stopping a police officer from discharging his duty.

Lying to a govt officer/breach of the Passport Act.

I'm sure they'd find 10 more charges that stick.

Edited by Mariyam

10 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

This tweet, ladies and gentlemen, is exactly how people fall prey to half baked stories and rumour mongering.

First of all, there is no mention elsewhere of points 4 and 5. That is some creative writing right there.

Why is it in our inherent nature to assume the worst from the other and those whom we vilify (for reasons right or perceived) so much?

Some facts:

In some other parts of the world where Coronavirus have caused a lot of fatalities and burying of the dead is the primary method of laying the cadaver to rest; the USA, Spain, Italy, Belgium, Iran; the respective governments have *not* called for the cremating of those their Covid dead.

Most of these people believe that the cadaver poses very less risk of contagion. However, all of the nations (including India) agree that the cadaver mustn't be touched by the relatives. https://www.indiatoday.in/india/story/infection-unlikely-to-spread-from-dead-body-only-lungs-of-covid-19-patients-pose-some-risk-govt-1656682-2020-03-18

In other parts of India also, there is no call to cremate all covid bodies? Why only Mumbai?

The answers to this question is really simple. Even aside of covid pandemic, there is a dearth of burial land in Mumbai. Most of the times, people have to wait a few hours before the Qabarastan workers dig up a place in the congested graveyards and their deceased get the burial slot. We had to wait for hours to get a burial spot for my grandfather. And he was a man of considerable means and repute within the business folk and had tremendous outreach in his community. We had 'booked' the spot  a week in advance. And yet we had to wait. You can only imagine what happens to the common person.

In Islam the body has to be buried within 24 hours of death. In regular times this is barely possible. In such times, when many of the Qabarastan workers are called for other logistics related duties it becomes difficult. Hence the representatives of the body that handles the Qabarstans across Mumbai approached the BMC, asking for a solution. The BMC is also short staffed in these times. The only solution that it came up with was to decree the cremation of all covid dead.

Some people objected to it, and said that they would double up as qabarastan workers in the interim. That is when the politician stepped in and got the order rescinded from the BMC.

It saddens me deeply to see and people falling smart people falling for these wildly accusatory tweets. Remember, these are the same set of qabarastan representatives who refused the 26/11 terrorists any space in their graveyards.  If a friend were to show me such a tweet, in real life, I'd laugh it off. I wouldn't take the trouble to explain anything. It *is* that frivolous. Over here, I consider many of you guys as friends. We've trolled :csk: and their crybaby fans for years now. But tragically, a good chunk of you tend to believe every such half rumour.

Thanks for the explanation, saw some AAPis and Congressis retweet this, had only BJP folks done so I would have been more careful. Taking down that post (reason: fake news), and apologize. Your post was quite informative :wp106:.

Edited by Gollum

@Mariyam UK govt brought in an emergency bill for mandatory cremation for all those who died from this virus, there was some outcry, I didn't follow the updates. Even some regions of Italy are going the cremation way.

Reg that previous post, Congress leaning Hindustan Times-> BMC makes U-turn on cremation order for coronavirus dead after minister intervenes

The BMC had earlier said all Covid-19 casualties in Mumbai will have to be cremated to minimise possibilities of spreading the virus.

Even NDTV reported the same, citing public health safety.

I haven't gone through articles to study efficiency of various disposal methods during times of virus outbreaks, so of course I assumed the reasoning to be true. I had no idea about the problem of burial land in Mumbai and the challenges the community faces, neither did I know about the Islamic rule of burying within 24 hours....or the existence of a Qabaristan body and its role in all of this. 

Edited by Gollum

@Gollum 

I'm not an expert on science matters at all. I really wouldn't know. But if cremating is safer, it must be done.

This BBC news article from 4 days ago doesn't mention cremations in Italy. Just says that burials will have limited people.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-52031539

That headline that the BMC makes a U-turn after the minister interferes is right! What is missing is the context.

50 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Some facts:

The answers to this question is really simple. Even aside of covid pandemic, there is a dearth of burial land in Mumbai. Most of the times, people have to wait for hours before the Qabarastan workers dig up a place in the congested graveyards and their deceased get the burial slot. We had to wait for hours to get a burial spot for my grandfather. And he was a man of considerable means and repute within the business community. He also had tremendous outreach in his community. We had 'booked' the spot a week in advance. And yet we had to wait for hours. You can only imagine what happens to the common person.

It's Qabristan ffs. Don't go around butchering the words like those morons across the border often do. 

7 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

@Gollum 

I'm not an expert on science matters at all. I really wouldn't know. But if cremating is safer, it must be done.

This BBC news article from 4 days ago doesn't mention cremations in Italy. Just says that burials will have limited people.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-52031539

That headline that the BMC makes a U-turn after the minister interferes is right! What is missing is the context.

Overwhelmed, Italians choose cremation over burial

With the Italian death toll from coronavirus passing 10,000, the country’s crematoria, especially in the northern region of Lombardy, are overwhelmed and are having to transport bodies to crematoria in other regions. More families of coronavirus victims are choosing cremation over burial, for fear of catching the virus from the dead.

@Gollum

If I understand your link right, the bodies are being cremated *now* also because the graveyards are full etc.

And it is a case of the families choosing to cremate the dead.

From your article

There is no ban on burials – but many families choose cremation instead, due to the slim but not impossible chance that the virus from the dead body could still infect the living.

Even families who choose burial are faced with a difficult situation. Italy’s cemeteries are as overwhelmed as the cremation centers, with the backlog of bodies to be buried growing by the day.

Like I said, if it is scientifically true that cremation is better in these circumstances, the cremation order should apply all over India.

No questions asked.

Health first.

4 minutes ago, Stradlater said:

It's Qabristan ffs. Don't go around butchering the words like those morons across the border often do. 

I always used 'qabristan', then when I looked at her post I began having doubts and stared at her spelling for like 5 minutes, obviously my Urdu is novice level in front of hers. Between my natural inclination to use 'qabristan' and her 'qabarastan' I ended up with 'qabaristan' :facepalm:

58 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

We've trolled :csk: and their crybaby fans for years now

:csk: fans here are cool like thala despite almost everyone is against them. All I see is if somebody trolls wittle master in this forum and everybody loses their minds. amirite @velu @Gollum

This is how @velu , I, and a few of us react to ICFers meltdown when SRT is trolled

tenor.gif?itemid=10794899

1 hour ago, Stradlater said:

And this isn't just limited to India. 

These Jamaat chewts have been responsible for the surge in numbers in Pakistan as well. 

These Jamatis are the biggest chewts one would ever come across. Brainless zombies. 

हमारे सबके प्यारे भैया रेबीज़ कुमार कह रहे है के इस न्यूज़ से मुस्लिमों को बदनाम किया जा रहा है। न जाने ये आदमी कौन जात कौन जात करना कब छोड़ेगा। 

3 minutes ago, randomGuy said:

हमारे सबके प्यारे भैया रेबीज़ कुमार कह रहे है के इस न्यूज़ से मुस्लिमों को बदनाम किया जा रहा है। न जाने ये आदमी कौन जात कौन जात करना कब छोड़ेगा। 

डर का महौल है

31 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

:csk: fans here are cool like thala despite almost everyone is against them. All I see is if somebody trolls wittle master in this forum and everybody loses their minds. amirite @velu @Gollum

This is how @velu , I, and a few of us react to ICFers meltdown when SRT is trolled

@velu is not even a true :csk: fan. He is a Dhoni fan.

@Gollum , as far as I know, has nothing nice to say about the IPL

47 minutes ago, Gollum said:

I always used 'qabristan', then when I looked at her post I began having doubts and stared at her spelling for like 5 minutes, obviously my Urdu is novice level in front of hers. Between my natural inclination to use 'qabristan' and her 'qabarastan' I ended up with 'qabaristan' :facepalm:

It is not just transliteration, but the pronunciation as well. I have heard people in India and in movies , say “qabar-is-tan” with a stress on “is”. Nowadays, with Arabic wahabization, maybe, it has become “Qabar-as-tan” with “as” pronounced as “us”. Ramzan has become Ramadan, Bakrid is Eid-al-adha. Persian influences of Urdu is taken over by Arabic.  Shariat is Sharia now. 

59 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

@Gollum

If I understand your link right, the bodies are being cremated *now* also because the graveyards are full etc.

And it is a case of the families choosing to cremate the dead.

From your article

Like I said, if it is scientifically true that cremation is better in these circumstances, the cremation order should apply all over India.

No questions asked.

Health first.

First of all, There should no rule or ordinance as India has had personal family laws. If there are huge number of deaths, then whatever practical way the family or the state chooses to do, has to be followed without protests and stone throwings. 

IN USA, people initially chose burials. But, in some cases, all 3 or family had been tested positive and in various levels of isolation or treatment in hospitals. Authorities have turned to cremation as family is also isolated to make decision. As such, there is no rule enforced, or they should be.

Many Hindus chose cremation mainly due to public health reasons, but there is nothing to prove that burial will cause more diseases, six feet under is difficult for the bacteria on the dead to rise above. A lot of castes among Hindus still chose to bury. 

Lastly, this issue may or may not be a case of Muslim veto power but, there is no denying of such a thing existing. They can disrupt traffic in the middle of any road for Fri prayers, they can protest, cause public property destruction with no repercussions, force Jana gana mana as national anthem over Vande mataram. In a lot of cases, it is wrong to blame the veto power, but ultra-sensitive liberal ethos towards Muslim sentiments is mainly the reason, they don’t mind the attention given. Ashok Chavhan has been caught on speech explaining why they joined hands with SS for power, to Muslim crowds, saying they went asked Muslim leaders and only when they agreed, Congress went ahead. So, it will not be surprising if a Minister has overturned a decision of BMC, albeit unwarranted , due to pressure from you know who.