Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
coffee_rules

Question-pedia - Ask away questions and get answers.

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Autonomous said:

What is the most beautiful road you've had the opportunity to drive on?

Santorini, Greece.  I rented a little mini mercedes for the day, and covered the whole island.  Very, very picturesque.  Roads are not very wide, but due to the hilly terrain, they are quite windy, and fun to drive.  

 

Switzerland is amazing too, and Iceland was interesting, but my trip was too short to really get a good driving experience.  

Edited by sandeep

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Yup the road is well made. Full marks to the Gujarat government. But scenic?

Subjective as that is, Surat to Amdavad is mainly industrial areas and the odd farms.

There is plenty of greenery on both sides of the road including flowers blossoming on the divider, but yes not much natural beauty. Again it's typical of any Mumbai folks like me who get excited over greenery after spending most time in concrete jungle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Autonomous said:

How about the condition of Srinagar to Leh? 

 

Total road length and number of lanes? 

 

Some key spots/pictures? 

Heavily guarded, lot of police chowkis and army checkpoints.

Edited by coffee_rules

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/25/2020 at 11:27 PM, Autonomous said:

How about the condition of Srinagar to Leh? 

 

Total road length and number of lanes? 

 

Some key spots/pictures? 

The road is wide in places and narrower in others. The mountain passes are obviously very narrow. And scary to drive around. I didn't drive much there.

Particularly beautiful spots are around Drass, Ulaytokpo and Indus Zanskar confluence.

Here is a pic. Not of the road, but of the general vicinity.

Edited by Mariyam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The late Ajit Wadekar used to play at Shivaji park grounds on Sundays even after he was representing India.

People used to flock to see him and watch him play with his friends.

 

The crowd used to goad him to hit 6s and he would always oblige.There was this time when someone sitting in a restaurant bordering the ground asked him to hit a six and Ajit Wadekar hit a six and the ball landed directly in that guys plate. People asked to repeat his feat and the next time he hit a six and it landed directly in that guy's tea cup.

Thing is, I've heard this story from far too many unrelated people.

Urban legend? Or was he really that good?

Edited by Mariyam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Mariyam said:

The road is wide in places and narrower in others. The mountain passes are obviously very narrow. And scary to drive around. I didn't drive much there.

Particularly beautiful spots are around Drass, Ulaytokpo and Indus Zanskar confluence.

Here is a pic. Not of the road, but of the general vicinity.

Do you have any pictures of the scary mountain passes located on the road? How high are the passes (elevation)?

 

Below pictures are of babusar pass (4173m). 

 

Problem with such roads is that they are open only for six months or so (they generally seal the entry from october end). Is the leh-srinagar highway open all across the year?

images(263).jpg

images(262).jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Why does the Hindi belt call it Tonti? What is the connection?

Akhilesh? 

Because while leaving CM residence he basically stole everything from the house. Didn't even spare the faucets. Hence the epithet taunti chor. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Stradlater said:

Akhilesh? 

Because while leaving CM residence he basically stole everything from the house. Didn't even spare the faucets. Hence the epithet taunti chor. 

I know that, but my q is why faucet called Taunti? Others call it नल, बंबा etc. टोंटी is used only in UP and Bihar maybe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/27/2020 at 12:52 AM, Mariyam said:

The late Ajit Wadekar used to play at Shivaji park grounds on Sundays even after he was representing India.

People used to flock to see him and watch him play with his friends.

 

The crowd used to goad him to hit 6s and he would always oblige.There was this time when someone sitting in a restaurant bordering the ground asked him to hit a six and Ajit Wadekar hit a six and the ball landed directly in that guys plate. People asked to repeat his feat and the next time he hit a six and it landed directly in that guy's tea cup.

Thing is, I've heard this story from far too many unrelated people.

Urban legend? Or was he really that good?

I have heard the same story about Colonel! (Name that cricketer). It is more believable with him than Wadekar.

Edited by coffee_rules

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, sandeep said:

No personal attacks and unnecessary vulgarity please.  Arguments and discussion, even angry ones are fine.  

 

@coffee_rules Let's maintain the cordial spirit of this thread bhai, come on now.  

ok, I  didn’t do any personal vulgar jibes, trolled him about Bakistan, he got triggered. He can’t take banter.

but you passed your first Moderator test, full marks  :p:

Edited by coffee_rules

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How many players have accomplished the “miracle slam” in cricket

 

criteria-  
 

1.Multiple test,t20,Odi 100s,IPL 100. 
 

2.multiple 200s

 

3.Hattrick with the ball

 

4.Taken outstanding catches 

 

5.winning championships as captain

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, maniac said:

How many players have accomplished the “miracle slam” in cricket

 

criteria-  
 

1.Multiple test,t20,Odi 100s,IPL 100. 
 

2.multiple 200s

 

3.Hattrick with the ball

 

4.Taken outstanding catches 

 

5.winning championships as captain

 

Rohit Alert, no leading questions :phehe: for 1 and 2 and 5

Malinga has multiple hatricks

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, maniac said:

How many players have accomplished the “miracle slam” in cricket

 

criteria-  
 

1.Multiple test,t20,Odi 100s,IPL 100. 
 

2.multiple 200s

 

3.Hattrick with the ball

 

4.Taken outstanding catches 

 

5.winning championships as captain

 

 

ikkada chudu 

 

tumblr_ojjcitDhem1qj88rjo1_1280.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Yes and his avatar Vengsarkar because his aggressive batting reminded people of CKN

Wow we have come a long way with the T20 gen. I have seen a few Vengsarkar knocks probably at the end of his career and if he was at one point considered aggressive then we sure have come a long way :phehe:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/24/2020 at 8:54 PM, coffee_rules said:

there used to be a thread for this.

 

Questions to North Indians

 

1. Who are called Raita on SM? Libs or Sanghis

2. Who is a Falana Dimka ?

It's actually falana dhimkana

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...