Is USA the new epicenter of Corona Virus

sarcastic

What do you expect to be the total cases from USA  

22 members have voted

1. 1. What do you expect to be the total cases of Corona in USA at the end of Pandemic

• less than 1 million
    • 1 - 5 million
    • More than 5 million

22 minutes ago, sandeep said:

why did he re-arrest Abbasi?  

Imran's out of his depth here, but he's trying.  The one thing I will say, the guy is nothing if not sincere.  But leadership and the country needs more than good intentions.  It requires, demands sound thinking, and pro-active leadership.  Regretfully for  Pakistan, I don't think he has what it takes.

Because Abbasi talks it out and is one of the few competent individuals who can actually challenge him on media. 

Imran is not sincere. He doesn't care, he is happy with his "seat"

7 minutes ago, Autonomous said:

@sandeep Also is persistant coughing, a compulsory symptom of the virus for you to be in hospital? Or it can be other two symptoms without coughing? 

Only factor for requiring hospitalization is difficulty in breathing.  If you are gasping for air, go to the hospital or a clinic that can get you oxygen, or next step ventilator.  There is an electronic device - pulse oximeter - it clips onto your finger to measure oxygen level in your blood.  If that is showing dangerous low readings, you may need oxygen.  If just Oxygen is not enough, and your lungs are not working, you need ventilator.  Rest is up to how your body can fight off the virus on its own.  They are giving experimental medicine, but this is a basic summary of what happens.

Bottomline, don't panic if you are coughing a lot.  Because going to hospital is an act of risk.  You only need that if your breathing is dangerously affected.

Edited by sandeep

3 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Only factor for requiring hospitalization is difficulty in breathing.  If you are gasping for air, go to the hospital or a clinic that can get you oxygen, or next step ventilator.  There is an electronic device - pulse oximeter - it clips onto your finger to measure oxygen level in your blood.  If that is showing dangerous low readings, you may need oxygen.  If just Oxygen is not enough, and your lungs are not working, you need ventilator.  Rest is up to how your body can fight off the virus on its own.  They are giving experimental medicine, but this is a basic summary of what happens.

Bottomline, don't panic if you are coughing a lot.  Because going to hospital is an act of risk.  You only need that if your breathing is dangerously affected.

And persistant coughing is compulsory symptom alongside?

America is f***ed beyond belief. Situation there is gonna be worse than Italy.

As fashionable as it is to blame the government - who are partly responsible - the truth is that most americans have set themselves up for failure, and are probably beyond help.

Most americans can't cover basic healthcare expenses, and many have very little saved up for a rainy day: https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/23/most-americans-dont-have-the-savings-to-cover-a-1000-emergency.html

In addition to this, you have 6 out of 10 americans suffering from some kind of chronic disease https://www.cdc.gov/chronicdisease/index.htm and in need of constant care. Now imagine what happens once a pandemic strikes. Most of these people will be screwed, regardless. Senior citizens will drop like flies, with some combination of COVID-19 symptoms and a chronic disease easily killing them off in the upcoming weeks.

I was thinking that NYC, at least, could handle the situation. But once the javits convention center (where you normally have the auto show, expos, exams, etc.) was turned into a 2000 bed hospital ward, you knew the s*** hit the fan. Now we have makeshift MORGUES coming up outside hospitals, and the larger ones like Mt. sinai are putting beds in the corridors. Hospitals and medical staff are completely under-prepared for the waves upon waves of patients, and supplies are low.

it will get much worse before it gets better. I can tell you first hand (through family) that local high schools are being turned into hospital wards, and patients are actually being sent home. As someone who actually has family working in ER, what i'm hearing is not good. frankly, i'm worried for their health - considering they're frequently coming into contact with symptomatic patients.

Sadly, many americans are playing with their lives by not cooperating with any kind of social distancing orders. this kind of stupidity is impossible to address.

This is like a war-time crisis. In fact, war would probably be easier to handle, considering a good percentage would be killed off. With a pandemic, hospitals are having to accommodate and selectively treat patients. I have heard they have people dying in Emergency, while waiting 5 to 6 hours.

considering that america isn't good at admitting failure, i suspect trump will continue blaming china - a convenient scapegoat - and we'll eventually see a situation where america actually seeks assistance from china in fighting the virus. much like european countries like italy, france and spain recently did. a sensible decision, considering that china manufactures all these necessary supplies within its own borders.

of course, to protect america's fragile sense of pride, these efforts will be dismissed as profiteering: https://www.foxnews.com/world/china-money-coronavirus-spain-467-million-faulty-supplies

4 minutes ago, Autonomous said:

And persistant coughing is compulsory symptom alongside?

Bhai, I'm not a Dr, just sharing info that I have.  So please keep that in mind.  But I have heard that persistent coughing may or may not be present for those suffering from COVID19.  High fever is the one  thing that's consistently present.

10 minutes ago, mishra said:

Yes, For our family, within 24 hours, we saw a normal cough to deep coughing per minute. Thank God, we were on edge for next 3 days despite seeing that cough level was dropping

Glad that all are OK now.  Family and health is everything.

3 minutes ago, Manny_Pacquiao said:

America is f***ed beyond belief. Situation there is gonna be worse than Italy.

As fashionable as it is to blame the government - who are partly responsible - the truth is that most americans have set themselves up for failure, and are probably beyond help.

Most americans can't cover basic healthcare expenses, and many have very little saved up for a rainy day: https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/23/most-americans-dont-have-the-savings-to-cover-a-1000-emergency.html

In addition to this, you have 6 out of 10 americans suffering from some kind of chronic disease https://www.cdc.gov/chronicdisease/index.htm and in need of constant care. Now imagine what happens once a pandemic strikes. Most of these people will be screwed, regardless. Senior citizens will drop like flies, with some combination of COVID-19 symptoms and a chronic disease easily killing them off in the upcoming weeks.

I was thinking that NYC, at least, could handle the situation. But once the javits convention center (where you normally have the auto show, expos, exams, etc.) was turned into a 2000 bed hospital ward, you knew the s*** hit the fan. Now we have makeshift MORGUES coming up outside hospitals, and the larger ones like Mt. sinai are putting beds in the corridors. Hospitals and medical staff are completely under-prepared for the waves upon waves of patients, and supplies are low.

it will get much worse before it gets better. I can tell you first hand (through family) that local high schools are being turned into hospital wards, and patients are actually being sent home. As someone who actually has family working in ER, what i'm hearing is not good. frankly, i'm worried for their health - considering they're frequently coming into contact with symptomatic patients.

Sadly, many americans are playing with their lives by not cooperating with any kind of social distancing orders. this kind of stupidity is impossible to address.

This is like a war-time crisis. In fact, war would probably be easier to handle, considering a good percentage would be killed off. With a pandemic, hospitals are having to accommodate and selectively treat patients. I have heard they have people dying in Emergency, while waiting 5 to 6 hours.

considering that america isn't good at admitting failure, i suspect trump will continue blaming china - a convenient scapegoat - and we'll eventually see a situation where america actually seeks assistance from china in fighting the virus. much like european countries like italy, france and spain recently did. a sensible decision, considering that china manufactures all these necessary supplies within its own borders.

of course, to protect america's fragile sense of pride, these efforts will be dismissed as profiteering: https://www.foxnews.com/world/china-money-coronavirus-spain-467-million-faulty-supplies

This is just the beginning.  And remember NYC was where India is today - only 10-12 days ago.  At least the US already has capacity to test 65,000 everyday, and rising.  In India, there are not enough tests. Only way to stop this from killing thousands, is to lockdown and stay home. Not run around taking pictures, having "fun".  

4 minutes ago, sandeep said:

This is just the beginning.  And remember NYC was where India is today - only 10-12 days ago.  At least the US already has capacity to test 65,000 everyday, and rising.  In India, there are not enough tests. Only way to stop this from killing thousands, is to lockdown and stay home. Not run around taking pictures, having "fun".  

How would you know that the virus has been wiped off from a population of 1.3bn? 

Mass testing i think is impossible. 

1 minute ago, Autonomous said:

How would you know that the virus has been wiped off from a population of 1.3bn? 

Mass testing i think is impossible. 

Virus is never going to be 'wiped off'.  There will be a 2nd wave, and maybe seasonal re-occurences later.  Only way forward is to find cures that can stop infections - like Tamiflu for Influenza.  And vaccines that inoculate you from getting infected.  

2 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Virus is never going to be 'wiped off'.  There will be a 2nd wave, and maybe seasonal re-occurences later.  Only way forward is to find cures that can stop infections - like Tamiflu for Influenza.  And vaccines that inoculate you from getting infected.  

Do you believe in the "seasonal theory"? 

BTW some people think it may leave alot of impacts such as use of digital currency, online shopping and diminish malls, cafe etc. 

1 hour ago, mishra said:

I live in UK. I know that my family had flu in Feb. It was bad. Then again my whole family had flu in middle March.  It was very minor apart from my wife.  We all had minor cough, reddish eye, lil temperature (including kids). My wife had all of below symptoms.

1. Reddish eye. Eye burninig sensation (5 days)

2. Fever and Shivering (2+ days)

3. Constant dry coughing For 8 days (after first 3 days which had fever and shivering). Coughing was allmost every minute all day long on its peak  3 days.

Now, I canonly guess that it was corona virus. I am not certain as we were never tested.

I know a number of families which had similar experience.

Lol same but we had it in December. I keep thinking it was the corona virus lol.

Just now, Autonomous said:

Do you believe in the "seasonal theory"? 

BTW some people think it may leave alot of impacts such as use of digital currency, online shopping and diminish malls, cafe etc. 

Yes I do.  At a minimum, I'm positive that the virus is not going to go away.  

This pandemic is going to completely change everything - such small changes are nothing.

1 minute ago, sandeep said:

Yes I do.  At a minimum, I'm positive that the virus is not going to go away.  

This pandemic is going to completely change everything - such small changes are nothing.

What are your reasons to believe n the seasonal theory? 

If this is going to change everything, what will be the "normalcy"? 

10 minutes ago, sandeep said:

LOL @ you trying to re-assure yourself. NYC hadn't even entered formal lockdown, there is NO comparison. Construction work was still going on (cuomo hadn't stopped it until today). Transport is still running, restricted service still hasn't come into effect. People were still walking around (i can show you pictures i received, if you don't believe me).

Accept it, America is F***ed. "has the capacity?"...Hospitals are running at 200% over-capacity. People are dying before they can even be tested, and these numbers DON'T EVEN CONSIDER asymptomatic carriers. and this is BEFORE the cases multiply. 

Basically - America is on the brink of BEGGING china for supplies. much like the european countries previously were.

At least in india, people follow directions and stay home, and full-scale lockdown is generally respected and enforced. India will probably isolate better than america, and india has cheap drugs available after banning critical exports.

We'll see how this plays out. but the trends aren't good. America is looking more like italy 2.0. And it will be china...to the rescue.