Is USA the new epicenter of Corona Virus

sarcastic

What do you expect to be the total cases from USA  

22 members have voted

1. 1. What do you expect to be the total cases of Corona in USA at the end of Pandemic

• less than 1 million
    • 1 - 5 million
    • More than 5 million

Just now, Autonomous said:

What are your reasons to believe n the seasonal theory? 

Its a coronavirus - that's how all other coronaviruses play out.  Why would this one be any different? 

1 minute ago, Autonomous said:

If this is going to change everything, what will be the "normalcy"? 

US is going to end up with universal health care.  Scandinavian countries will end up with UBI.  US is going to majorly decouple industrial supply chain for "critical" products and build it either in US, or in Mexico/Canada.  That in turn, will definitely create a recession in China.  Globally there is going to be a massive, just massive economic depression.   Such bad times are almost guaranteed to lead to revolts and revolutions in some places.  

Nothing will ever be the same.  

Social habits are going to be changed overnight.  Work from home vs going to office - for white collar workers, will get flipped on its head.  Until now, you only worked from home if you really needed to.  It was not the norm, and seen as 'undesirable'.  It will become a lot more accepted and standardized now.  We are 2 years away from getting a prove vaccine, and another year away from it becoming widely available.  In that time, mass gatherings of any kind will be rare.  Tourism is going to be at 5% of what it was, for few years.  Entire industries are going to be wiped out.  Governments will have to come up with employment schemes. And so on.  

There is a potential for massive hardening of borders in self-sufficient nation states, in the short term, while you'd expect some alliances to strengthen over the medium term.  No reason why US shouldn't build out an industrial alliance with Canada and Mexico.  Similarly after the initial bickering settles down, you would think  that the EU will also join closer and do the same.  Logistics, transit connectivity and speed, especially in times of crisis, will drive manufacturing choices.  

5 minutes ago, Manny_Pacquiao said:

LOL @ you trying to re-assure yourself. NYC hadn't even entered formal lockdown, there is NO comparison. Construction work was still going on (cuomo hadn't stopped it until today). Transport is still running, restricted service still hasn't come into effect. People were still walking around (i can show you pictures i received, if you don't believe me).

Accept it, America is F***ed. "has the capacity?"...Hospitals are running at 200% over-capacity. People are dying before they can even be tested, and these numbers DON'T EVEN CONSIDER asymptomatic carriers. and this is BEFORE the cases multiply. 

Basically - America is on the brink of BEGGING china for supplies. much like the european countries previously were.

At least in india, people follow directions and stay home, and full-scale lockdown is generally respected and enforced. India will probably isolate better than america, and india has cheap drugs available after banning critical exports.

We'll see how this plays out. but the trends aren't good. America is looking more like italy 2.0. And it will be china...to the rescue.

Ok beta.  You are making ample demonstration of your intellect.  There is no point in reading Bhagvad Gita to a Bhais.  It will still turn into gobar.  

13 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

Lol same but we had it in December. I keep thinking it was the corona virus lol.

Repeat flu in same season and red eyes are being regarded as tell tell sign of corona. In all honesty, I have never seen people coughing that much.

Just now, randomGuy said:

@sandeep does the US have enough hydroxychloroquine, Azithromycin? I think no.

It can be acquired, or made locally.  There are Pharma companies in NJ who can make it - Teva is one.  I don't think that is a bottleneck.  Biggest problem is slowing down rate of infection - ICU wards and ventilators are not going to be enough.  That's the critical path to minimizing fatalities.  

Biggest thing that needs to happen in US is mass adoption of wearing masks.  US GOV has made a mistake by refusing to issue this instruction. They were worried that the available supply will be bought up by the public, making the supply shortage for medics, even worse.  But that was a mistake according to me.

They need to issue instructions to wear simple cloth masks in public - for all.  Right now, some grocery stores are actually preventing clerks from wearing masks and gloves.  That is a terrible, terrible decision.

2 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Ok beta.  You are making ample demonstration of your intellect.  There is no point in reading Bhagvad Gita to a Bhais.  It will still turn into gobar.  

I don't know where you're living in the states, but i hope you pull through without any issues. Stay safe.

I really really commend Indian Administration and Indian population for the way they are trying to contain it. A single foreign Babaji enters in India and managed to put 40,000 Indian in quarntine, Because Babaji is foreigner, Indian Police didnt do a dandaa. But I hope Indian Police also does Danda to the foreign return Indians

13 minutes ago, sandeep said:

One person's experience with probable COVID infection - 

Thanks. I haven't had cough, just slight chest tightening which could be due to general stress of being at home and work issues since the tightening is nowhere near the level of bronchitis i had 4 years back. 

8 minutes ago, Manny_Pacquiao said:

I'll make it simple for you:

the US doesn't have enough of anything. From here, you can reason which way they'll go.

That chip on your shoulder kiddo, it looks like its so heavy it will crush you. (or your ego).  Did you get rejected for a visa or something?

Edited by sandeep

16 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Its a coronavirus - that's how all other coronaviruses play out.  Why would this one be any different? 

US is going to end up with universal health care.  Scandinavian countries will end up with UBI.  US is going to majorly decouple industrial supply chain for "critical" products and build it either in US, or in Mexico/Canada.  That in turn, will definitely create a recession in China.  Globally there is going to be a massive, just massive economic depression.   Such bad times are almost guaranteed to lead to revolts and revolutions in some places.  

Nothing will ever be the same.  

Social habits are going to be changed overnight.  Work from home vs going to office - for white collar workers, will get flipped on its head.  Until now, you only worked from home if you really needed to.  It was not the norm, and seen as 'undesirable'.  It will become a lot more accepted and standardized now.  We are 2 years away from getting a prove vaccine, and another year away from it becoming widely available.  In that time, mass gatherings of any kind will be rare.  Tourism is going to be at 5% of what it was, for few years.  Entire industries are going to be wiped out.  Governments will have to come up with employment schemes. And so on.  

There is a potential for massive hardening of borders in self-sufficient nation states, in the short term, while you'd expect some alliances to strengthen over the medium term.  No reason why US shouldn't build out an industrial alliance with Canada and Mexico.  Similarly after the initial bickering settles down, you would think  that the EU will also join closer and do the same.  Logistics, transit connectivity and speed, especially in times of crisis, will drive manufacturing choices.  

Do you believe in things like digital currency?

Also, considering this is seasonal and will settle down to a greater extent, what do you forsee for India or Pakistan?

I live in a highly industrial area and we idealy want manufacturing to continue within couple of months.

Just now, Autonomous said:

Do you believe in things like digital currency?

If you are referring to crypto - that's primarily a tool for money laundering.  

1 minute ago, Autonomous said:

Also, considering this is seasonal and will settle down to a greater extent, what do you forsee for India or Pakistan?

Hard to say at the moment.  Even a 'settle down' state may involve tens of thousands of deaths.  Maybe worse.  This thing can go a lot of ways.  

2 minutes ago, Autonomous said:

I live in a highly industrial area and we idealy want manufacturing to continue within couple of months.

That's possible in an optimistic scenario.  If the infection spread is stopped in its tracks, and the healthcare system can be confident that it can handle patient numbers, gradual resumption of work, with precautions, masks etc is possible.  But couple of months is a best case scenario.  Not the most likely one - at this point.  

Just now, sandeep said:

hmmm, explains the desperate need to convince yourself that things are "fine" in Delhi, while US is "*ed".  

With all due respect, I'm not the one coming across as desperate, uncle.

I call it like i see it. Unfortunately, because I wasn't naturalized, i don't have to constantly justify my "american-ness" on an internet forum. I take it for granted. Not sure why any of this is relevant, but there you go.

Stay safe.