Jump to content
sandeep

Poor migrant laborers walking home all over India need to be helped

Recommended Posts

This is unacceptable.  Government should do something about this.  Maybe a special bus or train - at least from major city to city.  Think about being poor, maybe having kids, and facing the prospect of walking hundreds of kilometers  to reach home/safety.  

 

We cheer when the govt sends planes to Wuhan and Iran to get our people back.  These are our people too.  Cannot be left to die or fend on their own.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You do realise that would mean ferrying thousands of people back to villages when they could be potentially infected?

 

for the government to provide healthcare and supplies is easier in big cities than in rural parts of India that’s why Modi told people to stay put where they are and not travel back home. Why are labourers still defying clear orders?


They should have support provided where they stay in terms of guaranteed food and supplies if they have lost their jobs which would stop the need for them to travel back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, LordPrabhzy said:

You do realise that would mean ferrying thousands of people back to villages when they could be potentially infected?

 

for the government to provide healthcare and supplies is easier in big cities than in rural parts of India that’s why Modi told people to stay put where they are and not travel back home. Why are labourers still defying clear orders?


They should have support provided where they stay in terms of guaranteed food and supplies if they have lost their jobs which would stop the need for them to travel back.

I dont know what the right answer is.  But doing nothing is not right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TN CM ..

 

Quote

Families of migrant labourers will get 15 kilo rice, one kilo each dhal and cooking oil for free. Destitute people and elderly will get cooked food at their place of residence, CM said.

 

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/politics-and-nation/rs-3850-crore-package-tamil-nadu-cm-announces-rs-1000-to-ration-card-holders-additional-dole-to-workers/articleshow/74788974.cms

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Too bad, irrespective of how much of an logistical issue it is, something had to be done

We are talking about entire population of europe or maybe more. Govt is doing the best it can but it will never be enough,  its now down to individuals and what sort of helping hand can they extend. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, jf1gp_1 said:

We are talking about entire population of europe or maybe more. Govt is doing the best it can but it will never be enough,  its now down to individuals and what sort of helping hand can they extend. 

No migrant workers are not that many, but they should have been better advised to stay put. Instead guys like Kejriwal played politics by deliberately plying DTC buses and dropped off people at UP’s doorsteps. Libtards are going around showcasing their hardships to west, when in fact, some of work done by government is not shown

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

No migrant workers are not that many, but they should have been better advised to stay put. Instead guys like Kejriwal played politics by deliberately plying DTC buses and dropped off people at UP’s doorsteps. Libtards are going around showcasing their hardships to west, when in fact, some of work done by government is not shown

Lets be honest enough to admit that this is a problem that the govts did not anticipate, or plan for. And are only now responding to, after negative media coverage.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Delhi Government's handling of this issue is shambolic. And very risky for the hinterlands.

 

In comparison, Uddhav Thackeray's government has handled the migrant labour issue in a better manner. Anganwadi workers, the Brahmakumaris & the Homeguard all have been mobilised and camps have been set up in some schools and in railway guest houses. 

 

Yes, there was rush on the days around the Janta Curfew at CST and Kurla stations, but overall they've planned this quite well.

 

Not a fan of the Thackerays or their politics, but credit where due. Uddhav Thackeray has thus far been a good leader during the crisis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Norman said:

I have a friend from a humble background who works on movie sets. He said he had to walk three hours straight to get home from the location due to the lack of public transport. Poor guy walked 35 Kms in 3 hours. :nervous:

I find that hard to believe, that sounds like a mini sprint/marathon of sorts. But yeah there should've been clear provisions for people such as him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Delhi Government's handling of this issue is shambolic. And very risky for the hinterlands.

 

In comparison, Uddhav Thackeray's government has handled the migrant labour issue in a better manner. Anganwadi workers, the Brahmakumaris & the Homeguard all have been mobilised and camps have been set up in some schools and in railway guest houses. 

 

Yes, there was rush on the days around the Janta Curfew at CST and Kurla stations, but overall they've planned this quite well.

 

Not a fan of the Thackerays or their politics, but credit where due. Uddhav Thackeray has thus far been a good leader during the crisis.

I mean what can we expect from Khujli..the fact that hes dumping 1000s of labourers in UP shows this man will always blame others for problems

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

I find that hard to believe, that sounds like a mini sprint/marathon of sorts. But yeah there should've been clear provisions for people such as him

You can easily cover a km in 5 minutes if you are a speed walker. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NameGoesHere said:

Yes but to keep that speed for 3 hours - which is almost what he did if he walked 35 kilometres in 3 hours) - is remarkable.

Yeah he even tracked his journey on Google maps. 34 Kms in 3 hrs and 10 something minutes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Norman said:

Yeah he even tracked his journey on Google maps. 34 Kms in 3 hrs and 10 something minutes. 

there's no way your 'friend' walked that long in such a short period of time. :no: people wanting to get home don't 'power walk' at 12kph. but anyways this has hit some people who needed to get from point a to point b.

Edited by rollingstoned

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is wrong with the delhi government, why are they letting this happen ? Why are they misinforming them that there are 200 buses waiting for them?

Just stacking them up in the DTC buses and dropping them like flies at anand vihar (UP border) bus terminal .

I know that kejriwal sees this is as a chance to get rid of the UP-BIhar labour migrants but this is not the time to just leave so many people as if they are nothing !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, sandeep said:

Lets be honest enough to admit that this is a problem that the govts did not anticipate, or plan for. And are only now responding to, after negative media coverage.  

 

 

This . Neither government was prepared for this , let's be honest not even you and me thought this would happen .

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw people marching back to their home states (1000kms away) with their small children and wives by walking .

Now best idea is to quickly arrange buses from anand vihar to their respective cities . Now the other tangent might be that other state migrants might demand the same 

Just pray to god that none of them got the virus !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

 

 

Khujliwal proving to be a loyal servant for his handlers. The Western thugs might just get the epidemic they were wishing for with this chaos.

Been saying this for years, he's a big fraud !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Norman said:

Yeah he even tracked his journey on Google maps. 34 Kms in 3 hrs and 10 something minutes. 

Buddy one can't walk at that speed, must have involved some running as well. Waise that timing is excellent, he can give some elite sportsmen a tough run in marathon race. Many elite tennis and football players would be pleased with that timing. Requires a great deal of training/conditioning to maintain 10 kph for over 3 hours. 

Edited by Gollum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Gollum said:

Buddy one can't walk at that speed, must have involved some running as well. Waise that timing is excellent, he can give some elite sportsmen a tough run in marathon race. Many elite tennis and football players would be pleased with that timing. Requires a great deal of training/conditioning to maintain 10 kph for over 3 hours. 

Yeah may be he ran for a bit. As I said, he shared his track on our friends group and everyone was like "how the fuk did you walk that much". Point to note, he's a strong guy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/27/2020 at 4:30 PM, Norman said:

I have a friend from a humble background who works on movie sets. He said he had to walk three hours straight to get home from the location due to the lack of public transport. Poor guy walked 35 Kms in 3 hours. :nervous:

He walked 12 km per hour?

 

Must be truly humble

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People don't realize this, but this is STEP 1 of the data gathering process for the NPR or national population register.

 

by evacuating all the migrants from the major cities, the government can identify, register and track the movement of people across states.  As most people have aadhar, the demographics registered will serve as cross-verification. Surveillance is already in place.

 

In other words, NPR identifies illegals and foreigners.

 

 

narendra-modi-and-amit-shah1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today I went to my chemist. Asked him that why he stopped home deliveries , he said that most of his delivery boys left for Bihar. They are saying marna hai to ghar pe marenge.

 

It's time to stop negative propaganda about corona. Tell the people that mortality rate is 0.5% , so it's not like end of the world . The day and night negative propaganda is backfiring.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...