Pick ur ATG ODI sides for- 1975-90s vs 1990s-2005 vs 2005-2020 vs Future team and Decide who ll win?

Pick ur ATG ODI sides for- 1975-90s vs 90s-2005 vs 2005-2015 vs Future 

Rules -

• If a player has played in both timelines See in which he played more games or had his peak 
  • If there is a case like Lee who almost played similar number of games n had similar stats then he can go either where
  • No option decide clear cut one player

Here is mine- 

Team A (1975-90s) Team B (90-2005) Team C (2005-2020) D- Future

1 Gordon greendige Gilly Rohit Roy
2 desmond haynes Sachin Watson Bairstrow
3 Zaheer abbas Ponting Kohli De kock
4 Viv richards Lara ABDV KL Rahul
5 Clive lyod bevan Yuvraj singh Ben stokes
6 imran khan Symonds Hussey Nicholas pooran
7 kapil dev Klusner Dhoni Butler
8 Rodney marsh Warne Imran Tahir Rashid khan
9 Qadir Donald Lee Rabadda
10 Hadlee wasim Starc Archer
11 Joel Garner Mcgrath Bond Bumrah

Extra Dean jones Murali Malinga Cummins
  any roberts INZY KP Babar azam

Since i havent seen 1975-90s i picked team basis on number ,team combination, strategy n what ever i knew about players

Im going with 90s-2005 team

Just for Fun i Added an Expected ATG (now those who ll ask how can we pick that- well its for fun and 2nd yea right as other teams will turn into reality)

Future XI is picked on bases of guys who ll end up playing more then they have played before 2020 - bairstrow, stokes, Butler can be considered border line cases but call taken to strengthen that team 

Pick the best sides u can decide who ll win - 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

Team A: Greenidge, Haynes, D Jones/G Chappell (one of them the 12th man), V Richards, M Crowe (c), D Houghton (wk), Imran, Kapil, Hadlee, Lillee, Garner 

Basically, all 11 can bat w/ extremely strong batting till 9 + the pace attack -> the complete bowler Lillee, the unplayable late swing of Hadlee, the bounce and yorkers of Garner, and economy and accuracy of Imran and Kapil  :aha: 

Those who do not know about Houghton, below is a batting master class (was probably the coach of Zim but decided to hop into the game to teach the team a few tricks. I hope Shastri does not do that):

Edited by zen
36 minutes ago, zen said:

Team A: Greenidge, Haynes, D Jones, V Richards, M Crowe (c), D Houghton (WK), Imran, Kapil, Hadlee, Lillee, Garner 

Basically, all 11 can bat + the pace attack :aha:

And those who do not know about Houghton (was probably the coach of Zim but decided to hop into the game. I hope Shastri does not do that):

Sorry he cant make it to the side , i clearly stated in rules a player shud play majority of his games in that phase to play in that team

till 90s he only played 12 games

after 90s he plays 51 games 

so he is eligible for 90-2005 team only

54 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

till 90s he only played 12 games

after 90s he plays 51 games 

that is because Zim basically only played in WCs in the 80s (for comparison, India played 150+ games in the 80s) .... he is in the same age group of Kapil, Srikant, Shastri, etc. .... missed out on a lot of cricket .... potentially, could have been one of the greats! 

Edited by zen
36 minutes ago, zen said:

that is because Zim basically only played in WCs in the 80s (for comparison, India played 150+ games in the 80s) .... he is in the same age group of Kapil, Srikant, Shastri, etc. .... missed out on a lot of cricket .... potentially, could have been one of the greats! 

I am biased on Houghton too bro. One of my earliest memories of cricket itself his knock vs Nzl in 87 WC. Before 1991 there are a few things that are just stuck in my head when it comes to cricket.

Houghton knock

Azhar taking 3 wickets vs Australia

Srikkanth taking 5 wicket haul vs Nzl

Chetan Sharma 100 vs England???

Gavaskar getting bowled in his final odi

Hirwani taking 16 wickets or something in a test.

7 minutes ago, maniac said:

I am biased on Houghton too bro. One of my earliest memories of cricket itself his knock vs Nzl in 87 WC. Before 1991 there are a few things that are just stuck in my head when it comes to cricket.

Houghton knock

Azhar taking 3 wickets vs Australia

Srikkanth taking 5 wicket haul vs Nzl

Chetan Sharma 100 vs England???

Gavaskar getting bowled in his final odi

Hirwani taking 16 wickets or something in a test.

Mine too .... that 141 was cool .... can't find it on youtube 

To me players like Houghton, M Crowe, Rhodes, Jayasuriya, etc., offer unique value so I try to accommodate them where possible :yahoo:

3 hours ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

B to win. A to finish 2nd. C will get it's ass kicked IMO.

Dont think C will get their ass kicked, if its played under old rules some one lile starc will get an old ball n starc reversing that wud be hell.

Starc n malinga in death ....very tough

Dhoni was a bloody good captain in ODI

Current era batsman ship is very evolved in terms of shot making.

They have outstanding ODI batsman like outstanding

Add a very good fielding unit- rohit, kohli, yuvi, abdv, lee , hussey.

They may not win , but surely they wont be pushovers. 

My effort

TeamA (1975-90s)

Greenidge, Haynes, Richards, Abbas, D Jones, Kapil, Du Jon, Hadlee, Marshall, Garner, Qadir

Team B (90s-2005)

Tendulkar, Gilchrist, Ponting, Lara, De Silva, Bevan, Klusener, Wasim, Warne, McGrath, Ambrose

Team C (2005-2020)

Rohit , Roy, Virat, ABDV, Yuvraj, Stokes, Buttler, Lee, Starc, Malinga, Tahir

Feels criminal but I have left Dhoni out for Buttlers brute power... I've got England heavy ish, expect their power to be bit much for the others. Would be interesting to see how Roy lines up against the team B pace attack 

Edited by Sooda
31 minutes ago, Sooda said:

My effort

TeamA (1975-90s)

Greenidge, Haynes, Richards, Abbas, D Jones, Kapil, Du Jon, Hadlee, Marshall, Garner, Qadir

Team B (90s-2005)

Tendulkar, Gilchrist, Ponting, Lara, De Silva, Bevan, Klusener, Wasim, Warne, McGrath, Ambrose

Team C (2005-2020)

Feels criminal but I have left Dhoni out for Buttlers brute power... I've got England heavy ish, expect their power to be bit much for the others. Would be interesting to see how Roy lines up against the team B pace attack 

I to thought about roy , butler, stokes but the amount of games they ll play in next cycle wud be far more . 

If a retired Houghton’s knock against a mid 90s strong SA, which is close to the attacks of Team B and Team C, is anything to go by, the peak Team A (see my 11), will smash 350+ in most games esp. with the batting till 9.

Greenidge-Haynes = almost a perfect pair to take on new ball bowlers of the other two Teams - B & C. Jones/Chappell at 3 = solidity and smart cricket.

A peak Richards is among the most consistent performers so a couple of 100s at least (+ a few demolition job 70-80 off 40-50 balls) in a patch of 5-6 games. Followed by a WC MoS Crowe at #5, who toys with good attacks, so one of them is likely to not only bat till the end, but also set the tempo. On top of that you have Houghton + the 3 ARs to leverage on too. Many of these guys are pressure and big match players.

Edited by zen
15 hours ago, Sooda said:

My effort

TeamA (1975-90s)

Team B (90s-2005)

Team C (2005-2020)

What a team... :bow:. Cricketing childhood in a nutshell.