Pick ur ATG ODI sides for- 1975-90s vs 1990s-2005 vs 2005-2020 vs Future team and Decide who ll win?

Team C

Rohit

Warner

Kohli

Abdv

Hussey

Stokes

Dhoni

Rashid Khan

Lee

Starc

Bond

Team B same as above.

Team A Imran and Kapil weren't good enough batsmen to play at 6-7 consecutively. Also Imran's batting mostly came through he wasn't as good a bowler. Also team A has slow batsmen.

Team B and C will have stiff competition. Both have top batsmen and fast bowlers.

Starc, Bond, Lee three of the greatest ODI fast bowlers in modern era.

C also has two of the best finishers ever in Dhoni and Hussey. At their peak, no one matches them. With alrounder in Stokes, you have another match winner. 

Rohit at the top, arguably the second best ODI opener in history, only behind Tendulkar. Kohli, arguably the best ODI middle order batsman in history. Warner, a superior version of Sehwag/Gilchrist.

ABDV, unmatched skills, no one could ever play strokes like only he can. Arguably amongst the top 3 ODI middle order batsmen ever.

Rashid Khan, the most legally unreadable LOI spinner in last 30 years.

Edited by rkt.india
8 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Team C

Rohit

Warner

Kohli

Abdv

Hussey

Stokes

Dhoni

Rashid Khan

Lee

Starc

Bond

Team B same as above.

Team A Imran and Kapil weren't good enough batsmen to play at 6-7 consecutively. Also Imran's batting mostly came through he wasn't as good a bowler. Also team A has slow batsmen.

Team B and C will have stiff competition. Both have top batsmen and fast bowlers.

Starc, Bond, Lee three of the greatest ODI fast bowlers in modern era.

C also has two of the best finishers ever in Dhoni and Hussey. At their peak, no one matches them. With alrounder in Stokes, you have another match winner. 

Rohit at the top, arguably the second best ODI opener in history, only behind Tendulkar. Kohli, arguably the best ODI middle order batsman in history. Warner, a superior version of Sehwag/Gilchrist.

ABDV, unmatched skills, no one could ever play strokes like only he can. Arguably amongst the top 3 ODI middle order batsmen ever.

Rashid Khan, the most legally unreadable bowler in LOI spinner in last 30 years.

Rashid n stokes were hard not to pick one of the reasons was they ll surely end up playing more games in next decade then they have now. 

Infact another team can be made with players likely to play in next 15 years - bairstrow, de kock,roy,  azam, stokes, butler , rashid, bumrah with guys who atleast has played 50 odis

Also the team C u made makes rohit n kohli 6th bowling options n they dont bowl. 6 bowling options are a must for me. Yuvraj post 2005 till 2020 avg same as stokes around 40. 

Team A has a slow batsman who ??

Edited by rkt.india
7 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Rashid n stokes were hard not to pick one of the reasons was they ll surely end up playing more games in next decade then they have now. 

Infact another team can be made with players likely to play in next 15 years - bairstrow, de kock,roy,  azam, stokes, butler , rashid, bumrah with guys who atleast has played 50 odis

Also the team C u made makes rohit n kohli 6th bowling options n they dont bowl. 6 bowling options are a must for me. Yuvraj post 2005 till 2020 avg same as stokes around 40. 

Team A has a slow batsman who ??

We can't pick teams for future. Ben stokes debuted in 2013 and has already played for 7 years. He is 28 and might retire by 34 as most English players retire early. So, he has already played more than half of his cricket.

Team A, Haynes, Greenidge, Abbas, Imran all four are slow batsmen. Their WK is also weak. 

Edited by rkt.india
10 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

We can't pick teams for future. Ben stokes debuted in 2013 and has already played for 7 years. He is 28 and might retire by 34 as most English players retire early. So, he has already played more than half of his cricket.

Team A, Haynes, Greenidge, Abbas, Imran all four are slow batsmen. Their WK is also weak. 

Not Abbas. His SR is elite for his time.

51 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

stokes has played only 95 odis by the time his career wud end he wud have already played 200+ game, so more then half of his cricket is left . But stokes is borderline u can consider him that why i had him as my 12th man . 

abbas s/r was 84 in that era

yup their WK is weak 

Imran s/r was 72....for his era it was fine and those s/r gets better at 6,7,8 .....his s/r is low at 3,4 which im assuming he use to play like anchor those innings. His avg was 30 n 28 at 6,7 which is not bad and pretty 44,38 in 3-5 positions

54 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Kapil averages 23. 

Im talking about s/r and u need to cover other aspects as well, with kapil u also put a good fielder on ground

but go ahead make another option for that team by dropping imarn n kapil n adding may be dean jones or greg chappel n they cud be replaced with bowlers. 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
9 hours ago, rkt.india said:

now coming to warner vs watson.....as name warner is better as individual but in terms of team combination watson is better

Batting

Warner - 45.8 at 95 s/r

Watson- 40.5 at 90 s/r

So loosing 5 avg and 5 s/r

Bowling - watson vs stokes

Watson - 31 at under 5 eco 

stokes 41 at 6+ eco 

Watson gives me far better bowling avg 

If i play stokes n warner i have no 6th bowler, n with stokes i really wud want a 6th bowling options specially when the pacers are of express pace n has more chances of getting injured

If i play watson i have yuvi as 6th bowler or even stokes, on some pitches yuvi as bowler was very handy 

Good to see that people have confidence in the top 3 of Rohit-Watson-Kohli vs. Hadlee-Lillee-Garner and McGrath-Donald-Wasim .... Likewise Tendulkar-Gilly-Ponting, who may fare better vs. their opponents than the top 3 of Team C but, at best, we may only see a collection of good looking 30-40s 

I have not even attempted to create my version of Team C because of the comical batting options relative to other teams :hehe:

Edited by zen

For information to those who have not seen Greenidge-Haynes:

^ As a pair they work well as they opened together in tests as well (test level openers so those skills help to take on ATG bowlers in ODIs too. Played in world series as well iirc which had many good bowlers playing together). If we have to draw parallels in terms of playing style - Haynes is similar to Tendulkar, while Greenidge is more like Gilly but with a higher average.  

PS in Tests

Edited by zen

Team A                                              Team B                                                Team C

S. Gavaskar                                       M. Hayden                                           D. Warner

G. Greenidge                                     V. Sehwag                                            A. Cook

Viv Richards                                      R. Ponting                                            K. Williamson

G. Chappell                                       S. Tendulkar                                         V. Kohli (c)

G. Sobers                                           B. Lara                                                 S. Smith

K. Dev                                                S. Waugh                                             J. Kallis

I. Khan (c)                                          A. Gilchrist (wk)                                  ABDV (wk)

A. Knott (wk)                                     S. Warne                                              M. Muralitharan    

M. Marshall                                       W. Akram                                              Z. Khan

B. Bedi                                              C. Ambrose                                           D. Steyn  

D. Lillee                                             G. McGrath                                           J. Anderson

In descending order:

Team B- the generation I grew up on
Team A
Team C

57 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

he was hardest to drop but i wanted to play an all rounder n it was him vs zaheer abbas and choose abbas on s/r

Zaheer's stats are impacted by playing vs. Ind in Pak .... A good player but Jones is considered an ODI ATG and can get into Aus ATG 11 too  ....  Your 11 can be what your prefer but Team A's batting would ideally be 

Greenidge >= Gilly (Gilly is likely to be picked over him as a WK batsman only)

Haynes =< Tendulkar 

D Jones/Chappell = Ponting (Chappell is considered to be among the best player of fast bowling)

Richards

M Crowe  (Crowe averaged 114 in 92 WC at a SR of 90+ and can take the responsibility to be captain too so others can play more freely) 

D Houghton (one of the best WK batsmen that I have seen. Can win a game on his own. Almost single handedly could have won a game for Zim in 87 WC Here like Kapil vs. ZIm in '83)

Bowlers/ARs 

^ All of these guys are good test level batsmen too 

PS

Edited by zen
31 minutes ago, mancalledsting said:

Team A                                              Team B                                                Team C

S. Gavaskar                                       M. Hayden                                           D. Warner

G. Greenidge                                     V. Sehwag                                            A. Cook

Viv Richards                                      R. Ponting                                            K. Williamson

G. Chappell                                       S. Tendulkar                                         V. Kohli (c)

G. Sobers                                           B. Lara                                                 S. Smith

K. Dev                                                S. Waugh                                             J. Kallis

I. Khan (c)                                          A. Gilchrist (wk)                                  ABDV (wk)

A. Knott (wk)                                     S. Warne                                              M. Muralitharan    

M. Marshall                                       W. Akram                                              Z. Khan

B. Bedi                                              C. Ambrose                                           D. Steyn  

D. Lillee                                             G. McGrath                                           J. Anderson

In descending order:

Team B- the generation I grew up on
Team A
Team C

u have made test XI .....this thread was about ODI