Now even Shekhar Gupta is irked by international media coverage on India

sandeep

Have to say, India has put up a decent fight thus far. The odds are completely stacked against us, but barring some occasional mistakes, the government, law enforcement, healthcare and public health personnel, NGOs, and the majority of the general public have been trying.

Long way to go, and the challenge is just beyond anything we have ever witnessed. But people are trying. 

2 hours ago, kosingh said:

Have to say, India has put up a decent fight thus far. The odds are completely stacked against us, but barring some occasional mistakes, the government, law enforcement, healthcare and public health personnel, NGOs, and the majority of the general public have been trying.

Long way to go, and the challenge is just beyond anything we have ever witnessed. But people are trying. 

Lol, our climate is saving us.

I am looking at Pakistan to analyse since they have no strict lockdown.

10 hours ago, PunterLog said:

The BCG vaccination has helped us more than our climate. Climate from what i've read so far has little to no effect in stopping the virus spread.

Maybe climate has a lot to do with the fatalities...

Go to worldometer and sort by deaths per million population... Europe and cold parts of North America have been ravaged by covid-19...Texas , California spared coz they aren't as cold as newyork atm.

Now check each continent - Africa, south america, Asia , check deaths per million population, all spared except cold parts - 1. qom, Iran - hotbed of covid19 - cold

2. Wuhan China - hotbed of covid19 - cold

Edited by randomGuy

1 hour ago, randomGuy said:

Why we cannot even deduct simple thing that climate has everything to do with the spread or fatalities...

Category A = Countries that use BCG.

EURZ5whWsAIX2cL?format=jpg&name=large

EVwniKMWoAEgLmB?format=jpg&name=medium

Climate could be playing a role in slowing down the spread but BCG seems to be having a bigger impact atleast for the time being.

Research still needs to be done to arrive at a confident conclusion.

4 minutes ago, MechEng said:

Texas has low population density too with being a huge open state, I could see cars through naked eye as far as 500 meters. I'm not making this up, it is that open.

You have got to give me an example of a warm place where the death rate is more than hundred per million population . so far i have only found one - Louisiana( warm with 100+ death rate) in the entire world.... Against Louisiana, I have the example of other 5 + billion population of Asia Africa South America etc. which is warm and does not have any meaningful death rate.

7 hours ago, randomGuy said:

You have got to give me an example of a warm place where the death rate is more than hundred per million population . so far i have only found one - Louisiana( warm with 100+ death rate) in the entire world.... Against Louisiana, I have the example of other 5 + billion population of Asia Africa South America etc. which is warm and does not have any meaningful death rate.

Louisiana also has a large African American population, and social distancing is difficult to achieve in African American neighbourhoods. So maybe that cancels out the warm weather advantage that Louisiana had.

In the article he mentions about BBC. Lol BBC’s reporting. 

An easy option is to follow the way of the BBC which, earlier this week, ran a story quoting two anonymous doctors from an unnamed hospital in Mumbai claiming lots of people were dying of respiratory collapse but were either not tested for Covid or not declared its victims. Would they run a story like that on Britain, or any other country where they’d treat human life in a more dignified, less cavalier fashion? But this is the ‘bhookhananga’ India, what is the story if it isn’t at least a few hundred thousands of Indians dead?

11 hours ago, gattaca said:

In the article he mentions about BBC. Lol BBC’s reporting. 

An easy option is to follow the way of the BBC which, earlier this week, ran a story quoting two anonymous doctors from an unnamed hospital in Mumbai claiming lots of people were dying of respiratory collapse but were either not tested for Covid or not declared its victims. Would they run a story like that on Britain, or any other country where they’d treat human life in a more dignified, less cavalier fashion? But this is the ‘bhookhananga’ India, what is the story if it isn’t at least a few hundred thousands of Indians dead?

This bhookha-nanga is why I feel many western institutions think of India as just another Africa. It is deep-rooted, and difficult to dislodge. The contempt is always there. 

So whenever we do something good (eg. Mars mission) or something not so bad (eg. current Corona crisis), these western think-tanks are very surprised and always insult us by reminding our “real aukaad”

Edited by someone

2 hours ago, someone said:

This bhookha-nanga is why I feel many western institutions think of India as just another Africa. It is deep-rooted, and difficult to dislodge. The contempt is always there. 

So whenever we do something good (eg. Mars mission) or something not so bad (eg. current Corona crisis), these western think-tanks are very surprised and always insult us by reminding our “real aukaad”

And we have some fools in India that think that the west is an ally against China.

The west would LOVE to see India fail. They don't want another competitor in addition to china.

I always knew the bias against India but the sheer scale of it continues to surprise me.

1 hour ago, PunterLog said:

And we have some fools in India that think that the west is an ally against China.

The west would LOVE to see India fail. They don't want another competitor in addition to china.

I always knew the bias against India but the sheer scale of it continues to surprise me.

They are fools who havepowerful positions and often set our narrative globally. They are sepoys, and will follow instructions from their foreign headmasters.

The west is after our money, so they do superficially praise us. But, they always make sure the “status quo” remains, and thus Pakistan is used to contain us. There really is a glass ceiling and, as a nation are unable to crack it yet.

4 hours ago, someone said:

I have visited some liberal forums recently filled with mostly Aussies/Brits and NRIs, the amount of contempt they have for nationalism and also Modi is surprising. I would expect that in a Pakistani forum but not so much from self proclaimed objective liberals.

The funny part is that they bash India for ultra nationalism when in fact nation state is not an Indian concept, it was a product of Industrial revolution before which monarchy/empires existed.

Not to forget the irrational hatred they have for Kim Jong Un. Sure he is a dictator, may not be a good person and has isolated the entire country from the world, but then the saviour complex kicks in since communist nations are inherently evil and need democracy to be freed as per their perspective.

Whether it's right wing or left wing, their (western) perspective is always right, and if they don't get things their way, start shaming/arm twisting the opponent by using media. The saviour complex is deeply in built.